PlayStation 3 Lacks Upscaler to 1080i

Just read this article, I didn't know you had to hook up the wireless controllers with usb cables to initialize them. :wacko:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Nov 21 2006, 04:37 AM) [snapback]133942[/snapback][/center]
Just read this article, I didn't know you had to hook up the wireless controllers with usb cables to initialize them. :wacko:
[/b]
If that isn't cutting edge, I don't know what is. JOIN THE FUTURE, WITH THE PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Nov 20 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]133946[/snapback][/center]
Is Banana talking as a Wanderhomie or a representative of Sony?
[/b]
He is talking out his arse as usual. The worst part is most of his facts only serve to dig the hole even deeper.

Sony has fallen from the place it had. Not only SOE CSR is crap but also Sony. I had the worst experience dealing with this people. I changed my computer brand from VAIO to a Generic. I change my TV and Radio brands too. I'm only going for PS3 because of the games I love, that's why I'm waiting til November of next year to buy it. When FFXIII comes out. And I hope that by then the PS3 is fully functional.

(Sony is even telling users to wait for future software patches to fix some of the PS3’s deficiencies.) The thing is, if people want to use a computer, they’ll use a computer.[/b]
have to agree with this.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 20 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]133956[/snapback][/center]
He is talking out his arse as usual. The worst part is most of his facts only serve to dig the hole even deeper.

Sony has fallen from the place it had. Not only SOE CSR is crap but also Sony. I had the worst experience dealing with this people. I changed my computer brand from VAIO to a Generic. I change my TV and Radio brands too. I'm only going for PS3 because of the games I love, that's why I'm waiting til November of next year to buy it. When FFXIII comes out. And I hope that by then the PS3 is fully functional.
[/b]
It really is true. I had the displeasure of working for them several years ago. (Not only is SONY a shitty company they are a shitty employer.) I worked as a PS2 repair technician back in the heyday of "disc read error" in 2001. 95% of the problems were always disc read error. So people would mail in their PS2 at their own expense and pay SONY $130 just to replace some cheap $20 optic unit and run it on an alignment jig for 5 minutes.

Of course whenever people would call customer service about their problem they would insist it was a unique problem and there was no widespread disc read error. I think the hundreds of DRE's coming in for repair every week and thousands of complaints online told a different story but they were more than happy to take your $130 to fix their own shitty design. Even when they lost their class action lawsuit they still to this day did not admit wrongdoing. Bastards!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Nov 20 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]133975[/snapback][/center]
It really is true. I had the displeasure of working for them several years ago. (Not only is SONY a shitty company they are a shitty employer.) I worked as a PS2 repair technician back in the heyday of "disc read error" in 2001. 95% of the problems were always disc read error. So people would mail in their PS2 at their own expense and pay SONY $130 just to replace some cheap $20 optic unit and run it on an alignment jig for 5 minutes.

Of course whenever people would call customer service about their problem they would insist it was a unique problem and there was no widespread disc read error. I think the hundreds of DRE's coming in for repair every week and thousands of complaints online told a different story but they were more than happy to take your $130 to fix their own shitty design. Even when they lost their class action lawsuit they still to this day did not admit wrongdoing. Bastards!
[/b]
Ok we have to put this on the record books. Hippo and me agreeing on something. ;)

Am out once you can see past your bitterness, I'll be open to chats, I shouldn't of expected better from a community founded on a joint hatred of SOE and its changes to SWG.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 20 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]133990[/snapback][/center]
Am out once you can see past your bitterness, I'll be open to chats, I shouldn't of expected better from a community founded on a joint hatred of SOE and its changes to SWG.
[/b]
Not really bitterness. If they could have put this system out for $300 I would be glad to buy it so I could play MGS and FF13. As it is now there are no decent games, nothing against SONY but no way I'm spending 600 for one semi-interesting FPS game on a console that most likely will break within a year or two. (Maybe not, but a company's reputation is only what they make of it. If they have truly changed their ways it's on them to prove it. But for now their abysmal record with "disc read errors" on PS2 will come back to haunt them in public perception and rightly so.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Nov 20 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]133993[/snapback][/center]
Not really bitterness. If they could have put this system out for $300 I would be glad to buy it so I could play MGS and FF13. As it is now there are no decent games, nothing against SONY but no way I'm spending 600 for one semi-interesting FPS game on a console that most likely will break within a year or two. (Maybe not, but a company's reputation is only what they make of it. If they have truly changed their ways it's on them to prove it. But for now their abysmal record with "disc read errors" on PS2 will come back to haunt them in public perception and rightly so.)
[/b]

If it makes it any sweeter, I'd say Sony is losing $300 + on every PS3, remember its only launch, for the third time its hard to Develop the Next gen games they take more man hours. You must of been very unlucky if you got a disc read error on your PS2, because speaking as a customer I had one and it still works today.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 20 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]133997[/snapback][/center]
If it makes it any sweeter, I'd say Sony is losing $300 + on every PS3, remember its only launch, for the third time its hard to Develop the Next gen games they take more man hours. You must of been very unlucky if you got a disc read error on your PS2, because speaking as a customer I had one and it still works today.
[/b]
I understand it takes longer to make the games. But it's not on the consumers to accept excuses why they are not having a good experience. The consumers don't care how many man hours it takes and they don't want excuses; they just want great games and they want them now to justify the $600 purchase.

By the way: I'm not the only one who ever had disc read error, as much as SONY wants to brush that whole debacle under the rug (*cough*))

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Nov 20 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]134002[/snapback][/center]
I understand it takes longer to make the games. But it's not on the consumers to accept excuses why they are not having a good experience. The consumers don't care how many man hours it takes and they don't want excuses; they just want great games and they want them now to justify the $600 purchase.

By the way: I'm not the only one who ever had disc read error, as much as SONY wants to brush that whole debacle under the rug (*cough*))
[/b]

He works in marketing for Sony, he has to say things like that. He can't help himself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 20 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]133990[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Yer bitterness argument is null.

I still play EQ2 an SOE game. I still play my PS2, which is one of the first ones; it hasn't died on me yet. although I did have lots of friends with the disc error problem.

;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 20 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]134004[/snapback][/center]
He works in marketing for Sony, he has to say things like that. He can't help himself.
[/b]
Well someone HAS to tell him he is wrong once in a while. Or simply tell him to shut up. He was really a cool cat before, then he became all preachy and stuff. <_<

Eh, normally I'm the first to speak up against the uber bitter anti-sony crowd here as it pertains to swg, to be honest I'm pretty neutral on the whole issue: I'm equally skeptical of companies like sony and microsoft. I like to play fun games, my bottom line is that I play/buy what systems deliver. My PS2 started getting disc read errors, I gave it to a friend and got an xbox.

I was planning on waiting to see how 360 and ps3 matched up before deciding, but not wanting to wait a year nudged me toward a 360. Plus, when I found out the price tag on a ps3 that kinda sealed the deal. It's just too much for a console. My opinion, but then it seems to be shared by quite a few. And if it IS worth the money, well, since it's been about a year since my last console purchase, I'd be able to justify the purchase. I really wouldn't mind getting both if they were both worth the money.

Honestly, everything I've seen/read isn't making me a believer. I don't see any ps3 titles that jump out and make me want to get the system, and since I'm not really into the FF series at all, I'll probably pass.

I just don't see how a system that came out a year after 360 could have so many shortcomings when lined up next to it. It seems to me that things the 360 has done well, and should be incorporated and improved on(benchmarked, if you will :p ) in the ps3 for a successful launch simply haven't been. The times article suggests that not only didn't that happen, there are a few important things the ps3 falls behind 360 in.

I'm hardly a mindless microsoft cult drone, but all I'm hearing from co-workers and friends is how fun playing games on the wii is, or how awesome gears of war is. The only ps3 news is either loling at people who waited in lines, or loling more on the ones who actually got lucky enough to spend $600-700 on one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Nov 20 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]134007[/snapback][/center]
Eh, normally I'm the first to speak up against the uber bitter anti-sony crowd here as it pertains to swg, to be honest I'm pretty neutral on the whole issue: I'm equally skeptical of companies like sony and microsoft. I like to play fun games, my bottom line is that I play/buy what systems deliver. My PS2 started getting disc read errors, I gave it to a friend and got an xbox.

I was planning on waiting to see how 360 and ps3 matched up before deciding, but not wanting to wait a year nudged me toward a 360. Plus, when I found out the price tag on a ps3 that kinda sealed the deal. It's just too much for a console. My opinion, but then it seems to be shared by quite a few. And if it IS worth the money, well, since it's been about a year since my last console purchase, I'd be able to justify the purchase. I really wouldn't mind getting both if they were both worth the money.

Honestly, everything I've seen/read isn't making me a believer. I don't see any ps3 titles that jump out and make me want to get the system, and since I'm not really into the FF series at all, I'll probably pass.

I just don't see how a system that came out a year after 360 could have so many shortcomings when lined up next to it. It seems to me that things the 360 has done well, and should be incorporated and improved on(benchmarked, if you will :p ) in the ps3 for a successful launch simply haven't been. The times article suggests that not only didn't that happen, there are a few important things the ps3 falls behind 360 in.

I'm hardly a mindless microsoft cult drone, but all I'm hearing from co-workers and friends is how fun playing games on the wii is, or how awesome gears of war is. The only ps3 news is either loling at people who waited in lines, or loling more on the ones who actually got lucky enough to spend $600-700 on one.
[/b]
It has been all about fun since the beginning, but Mr. Bananaman has been preaching about technology too much. Seems like most lean toward Wii for the games (Zelda) which I don't find fun. Or Xbox (Gears of War & Halo) which I don't care about. I'm a hardcore fan of a lot of titles that PS will have next year. I have 53 PS games on my shelf, and I'm waiting for Sequels & Prequels. ;)

I always try to talk as a Wanderhomie, but when you've seen the things that I've seen it kinda sways your judgement. Seeing threads like this depress me imensely, and thats why I was rather rude earlier. You can not expect launches of any new product to go perfect, even though thats what every consumer wants.

I think of the phrase "The bigger they are the harder they fall,", but I think things will turn around. There are many reasons for problems, and don't know all the answers, but being honest you can do much worse. Tbh I wouldn't buy any console on launch. There are always problems with electronics, be it a cell phone, computer, console, ipod things still go wrong.

Its what the company does to help its customers, that counts. As you've stated you've had a bad experience, but isolated incidents happen. All the batteries that got recalled where replaced, same with Apple and its broken Ipods.

I just feel the arrogance of the CEO hasn't help matters, but bad media is a killer. All I can say for the content there is a mass of games in development well over 100 titles, and most in 720p thats HD, so just watch this space.

Really my favorite game for 360 was oblivion. I've had it for a long time on my pc, which actually runs it better, but for some reason I enjoy it more on my 360. That and my friends are on live a lot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Nov 20 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]134016[/snapback][/center]
Really my favorite game for 360 was oblivion. I've had it for a long time on my pc, which actually runs it better, but for some reason I enjoy it more on my 360. That and my friends are on live a lot.
[/b]
I got that one for PC :p

Back