PlayStation 3 Lacks Upscaler to 1080i

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 17 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]133561[/snapback][/center]
All I can say is thats bad shit.

On a second thought I didn't know the type of cable, I will now outline, why its $100:

* Duraflex protective jacket provides greater durability and easier installation; complements the high-tech look of your PLAYSTATION 3.
* Dual strain reliefs prevent damage from repeated setup and teardown of PLAYSTATION 3 connections.
* High-conductivity connections for optimum transfer of delicate low-level signals.
* 24k gold contact Turbine connectors provide greater contact pressure for improved conductivity and maximum signal transfer.
* 10ft. Cable

Basic HDMI Cables are CHEAP
[/b]

:lol:

Classic marketing.

I can't see why folks are rushing to buy a product that is not up to snuff. This seems a common pattern with SONY and its subdivisions of late. Release a subpar product and fix it later. If the rate they fix it is judged by how quickly SOE ( one of their divisions) has fixed certain games the customer is going to be very disappointed. If I'm paying 600 dollars for a system I expect it to be fully operational in all advertised functions, which from reports PS3 is not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mecinia Lu-a @ Nov 18 2006, 10:55 AM) [snapback]133684[/snapback][/center]
I can't see why folks are rushing to buy a product that is not up to snuff. This seems a common pattern with SONY and its subdivisions of late. Release a subpar product and fix it later. If the rate they fix it is judged by how quickly SOE ( one of their divisions) has fixed certain games the customer is going to be very disappointed. If I'm paying 600 dollars for a system I expect it to be fully operational in all advertised functions, which from reports PS3 is not.
[/b]

Well am sure they'll bow down to your superior knowledge, once you've watched over massive product launches, and work for a multi national you can come back and make your assumptions till then stop stiring shit.

Do you have a PS3? I presume not, so it dosen't concern you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 18 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]133694[/snapback][/center]
Well am sure they'll bow down to your superior knowledge, once you've watch over massive product launches, and work for a multi national you can come back and make your assumptions till then stop stiring shit.

[/b]

People laugh at the individuals that pay 2-15k for a PS3 on e-bay. Then there are those (such as myself) that laugh at individuals that pay $600 for a PS3. Overall, it's too much money for an incomplete toy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Nov 19 2006, 04:18 AM) [snapback]133753[/snapback][/center]
People laugh at the individuals that pay 2-15k for a PS3 on e-bay. Then there are those (such as myself) that laugh at individuals that pay $600 for a PS3. Overall, it's too much money for an incomplete toy.
[/b]

Well you can spend $250 for a gimmick if one would like, that gimmick has the functionality of a rock, and therefore worthless to anyone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 19 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]133765[/snapback][/center]
Well you can spend $250 for a gimmick if one would like, that gimmick has the functionality of a rock, and therefore worthless to anyone.
[/b]
You don't seem to get it BananaMan. Functionality is worthless without quality games that take advantage of it.

I could plop down $600 for the PS3, but since there are no games that interest me in the launch lineup then that would just be a damn expensive paperweight. (The only thing that seems remotely interesting to me is Resistance: Fall of Man. But it really doesn't seem like much more than another cookie-cutter FPS with fantastic graphics. There are plenty of those to pick from on the PC so I don't see what the point is.)

I can guarantee you myself and everyone else who buys Wii be having a great time playing Zelda, so therefore it's not a worthless purchase.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 19 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]133765[/snapback][/center]
Well you can spend $250 for a gimmick if one would like, that gimmick has the functionality of a rock, and therefore worthless to anyone. [/b]

Gimmick...Blu-Ray....$600

I wouldn't buy a PS3, for the same reasons others mention here.

1. It has internet connectivity problems
2. It has backward compatibility issues
3. By your own admission they admit the OS is bad and are rewriting it.
4. There are a realitive small amount of games for it. What good is a 600 dollar system if there's nothing to play.
5. The blu ray DVD player though cheaper than that I could buy seperately, also has poorer quality than those that I can buy seperately.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 18 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]133694[/snapback][/center]
Well am sure they'll bow down to your superior knowledge, once you've watched over massive product launches, and work for a multi national you can come back and make your assumptions till then stop stiring shit.

[/b]

What I think is a shame is your employer and other commercial interest keep selling a subpar product to the consumer, expecting them to pay top dollar for a product you know is incomplete or does not fulfill all advertised functions and for them to wait for you to fix it on your own timetable.

You don't go to a restaurant order a meal, get something different and just accept it. Most people wouldn't. The same should be true of any product, the consumer needs to get to the point where we demand what we are paying for, which is what was advertised.

Oh yeah since you are an employee of Sony and in their marketing department could you also stop stirring the pot yourself....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mecinia Lu-a @ Nov 20 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]133859[/snapback][/center]
I wouldn't buy a PS3, for the same reasons others mention here.

1. It has internet connectivity problems
2. It has backward compatibility issues
3. By your own admission they admit the OS is bad and are rewriting it.
4. There are a realitive small amount of games for it. What good is a 600 dollar system if there's nothing to play.
5. The blu ray DVD player though cheaper than that I could buy seperately, also has poorer quality than those that I can buy seperately.

[/b]

I agree with 1,2,3, but 4, and 5 are absolutely utter crap. The amount of games, which will retail before christmas are more than the most other launches. I can recall the Xbox 360 launch, as there even fewer games that the current PS3 launch. For christ sake the Wii only has 5 launch games, but you can pay money to play all the oldies if you wish.

5. All I need to say watch a Blue ray movie on the PS3, then watch a HD DVD version of the same movie, on the same TV, and tell me what you think.

By the way the Xbox 360 OS has been rewritten 4 times, since launch.

Out of the 14 launch titles....9 of those I wouldn't even consider "launch titles" as they've been out on other systems, some of them for a while now. So, in essence, there are only 5 actual launch titles.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Nov 20 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]133888[/snapback][/center]
Out of the 14 launch titles....9 of those I wouldn't even consider "launch titles" as they've been out on other systems, some of them for a while now. So, in essence, there are only 5 actual launch titles.
[/b]

Yep...some even would call this launch farcical.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 21 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]133886[/snapback][/center]
For christ sake the Wii only has 5 launch games, but you can pay money to play all the oldies if you wish.
[/b]
These are the games I saw for sale yesterday. Some games were sold out already.

* Cars
* Excite Truck
* GT Pro Series
* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
* Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
* Need for Speed: Carbon
* Red Steel
* Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
* Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
* Trauma Center: Second Opinion

A few more than 5.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 20 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]133902[/snapback][/center]
:blink:

Wow...that was completely unnecessary.
[/b]

I haven't seen it yet - just knew mostly what it was.

you just know that the next playstation - codenamed skynet is going to get revenge for that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 21 2006, 01:10 AM) [snapback]133886[/snapback][/center]
For christ sake the Wii only has 5 launch games, but you can pay money to play all the oldies if you wish.
[/b]
We all know you are a diehard brainwashed Sony employee, but for Christs sake, it is a proven fact that the Wii has the most launch titles ever...period. Out of any gaming console. Ever. Fact.

Spout rhetoric and propoganda as to why the Wii is a peice of shit, but don't make up facts man.

Back