Cubs Acquire Soriano for $136mil

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
OK, the Tribune Co is in shambles, the cubs are for sale for $500mil, but we still have $136mil to spend on Soriano? We need new ownership ASAP.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 19 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]133833[/snapback][/center]
OK, the Tribune Co is in shambles, the cubs are for sale for $500mil, but we still have $136mil to spend on Soriano? We need new ownership ASAP.
[/b]

Plus you just overpaid for a guy who can't hit in the postseason

cubs fans should not bitch, fonsi is better than anything they have. I wish he was the Ranger's left fielder.

And the cubs have to get to the Post Season to worry about post season hitting.

I'm bitching at the fact that they're not being smart about their acquisitions. Sure, he is better than anyone we have. But here's the thing. They're trying to hit post-season on this coming year. That won't happen. The Cubs not only need new ownership, but YOUNG ownership....something that won't happen as long as Bud Selig is on top of baseball. They need to get their heads on straight. Don't go for bogus acquisitions. I would have rather taken a promising rookie for a tenth of the salary given to Soriano. Soriano won't save the Cubs. The cubs need a young team with potential, so that Piniela can train them right over the next five years and THEN become a powerhouse team contending for the post-season. But with stupid decisions by the ownership to extend Kerry Wood's contract and acquire Soriano even though they can't afford him, I don't see my Cubbies going anywhere :(

Back