If you could have lunch with anyone famous - who would it be and why?

Tiveria

Sheeptastic!
We have a newsletter at work, and this was a question asked.

My answer:

My first thought was someone old – like Plato, but we wouldn’t be able to speak the same language. Then I thought of someone from our generation – Robin Williams, but I’d be laughing too hard to eat. Someone political like Bill Clinton wouldn’t work because we’d be arguing until we got kicked out of the restaurant. Elvis would cause a stir, and no one would believe he was dead again. In the end, I’ll choose someone obscure: Raph Coster, a video game designing legend in the hopes he’d give out some future gaming secret that I’d have before everyone else!

What would yours have been?

My answer: Jesus

Just so I can kick him in the nuts for what he has started.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 16 2006, 03:59 AM) [snapback]133023[/snapback][/center]
My answer: Jesus

Just so I can kick him in the nuts for what he has started.
[/b]
I like that answer.

But for me, it would be Issac Asimov. I think it would be amazing to just sit and chat with him, looking back at all his ideas for all his books/short stories is just facinating to me.

I would have lunch with the guy in charge of the destruction of the Library of Alexandria. I'd ask him how, when, and why he destroyed it. Then I'd go back in time and thwart any plans for destruction and return to 2006 only to find the world to be more technologically and culturally advanced than we could ever conceive, and the amount of knowledge and the quality of society would have increased a thousandfold

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 16 2006, 07:23 AM) [snapback]133060[/snapback][/center]
George Lucas, and tell him how much he fucked his life's work up with Episodes I II and III.
[/b]
Fixed.

Might sound "simple" to you all but, I'd pick my man :blush: :wub: This because he is on the other side of an ocean, on another continent and we do not know yet if he will be allowed to move to Sweden and live with me or not. We are crossing our fingers, and waiting... :unsure:

Second, my grandma (on my father's side). Never met her, and I've heard that she was such a nice person.

Hmmm, there isn't really a famous person that I'm really interested in meeting, maybe mother Teresa, or maybe Robbin Williams - he seems hilarious ^_^

Maybe a manifestation of the God and the Goddess, that would be amazing... ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zana @ Nov 17 2006, 05:10 AM) [snapback]133310[/snapback][/center]
Might sound "simple" to you all but, I'd pick my man :blush: :wub: This because he is on the other side of an ocean, on another continent and we do not know yet if he will be allowed to move to Sweden and live with me or not. We are crossing our fingers, and waiting... :unsure:

Second, my grandma (on my father's side). Never met her, and I've heard that she was such a nice person.

Hmmm, there isn't really a famous person that I'm really interested in meeting, maybe mother Teresa, or maybe Robbin Williams - he seems hilarious ^_^

Maybe a manifestation of the God and the Goddess, that would be amazing... ^_^

[/b]
/crossesFingers for Zana.

Or you could just move to the good ol' H town.

Jimi Hendrix.

He probably will bring along some nice "brownies"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 15 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]133060[/snapback][/center]
George Lucas, and tell him how much they fucked his lifes work up in SWG.
[/b]

What happened to you.. just a week ago you were NGEfied

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Nov 17 2006, 05:18 AM) [snapback]133314[/snapback][/center]
What happened to you.. just a week ago you were NGEfied
[/b]
Deep down inside he hates it, but the brainwashing and cultifiedness of working at Sony sometimes causes him to forget about the game and praise it.

But yeah, he changes his stance on the NGE more frequently then...I don't know, someone who changes things so fast it is funny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Nov 16 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]133318[/snapback][/center]
Deep down inside he hates it, but the brainwashing and cultifiedness of working at Sony sometimes causes him to forget about the game and praise it.

But yeah, he changes his stance on the NGE more frequently then...I don't know, someone who changes things so fast it is funny.
[/b]
Flip-flopper :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Nov 16 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]133312[/snapback][/center]
/crossesFingers for Zana.

Or you could just move to the good ol' H town.
[/b]

Harder to get over there then it is for him to get here. And I got a steady job etc...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zana @ Nov 17 2006, 05:36 AM) [snapback]133322[/snapback][/center]

Harder to get over there then it is for him to get here. And I got a steady job etc...

[/b]
True true.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Nov 16 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]133315[/snapback][/center]
I'll choose Ms. Sheep. She is famous! Or tel me who of ya don't know her? ;)
[/b]

bah.

Sir Trevor Brooking.

I can quite hapily talk all day about football, and all aspects of it. Talking to someone so passionate about the future of the game would be great.

Back