Picking on Soccer (Football)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Nov 15 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]133142[/snapback][/center]
"How 'bout them Cowboys!"
[/b]

They're awful they have 0 championships since Premiership.

*Shivers* I dont get how people can sit and watch sports :blink: Sooooo boring... People watching other grown up people chasing a ball?! :blink: I mean....ick! :p American football is even worse to watch then soccer... *hides* :ph34r:

And I hate it during soccer season (or icehockey for that matter) when all the TV programs get replaced with soccer - bah! :angry:

To play it, now thats different! ;) That can be great fun, with almost to any sport, I think :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 16 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]133211[/snapback][/center]
spoken like a true sports noob
[/b]
Got lots of more important and interesting stuff to do ;) :p

....like playing Quake 2 :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Nov 16 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]133109[/snapback][/center]
You are so wrong lol.
Liverpool:
FA Cup 2000-01 2005-06
League Cup 1994-95 2000-01 2002-03
Charity Shield 2001 2006
Champions League 2004-05
Uefa Cup 2000-01
Super Cup 2001 2005

Liverpool Trophies since Premiership: 11

Arsenal have won 3 more trophies than you in the premiership years. I think someone was wrong :D
[/b]

You forgot 3 carlsberg Trophies So were tied

And for the record im never wrong

Besides all you got to throw at me is "where are your Premierships?"

I could say Where are Your European Cups?

Yeah but who plays in it lol

what is it a preseason training trophy, i have never heard of it.

Who did you beat to win it ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Nov 16 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]133233[/snapback][/center]
Yeah but who plays in it lol

what is it a preseason training trophy, i have never heard of it.

Who did you beat to win it ?
[/b]

I remember beating Lazio 1 year

haha you cant even remember what it is, must be a preseason training competition, if so i can add all arsenal amsterdamn trophies lol

haha you cant even remember what it is, must be a preseason training competition, if so i can add all arsenal amsterdamn trophies lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Nov 16 2006, 02:04 PM) [snapback]133237[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

Its a trophy its in the honors of the club.

If you check your honors there are no Amsterdam Tournaments

In fact yours honors say when you lost tournaments as if thats an honor to you

Oh we were runners up in the FA cup xxxx year thats an honor right.

You just cant handle the fact that despite we havent won the league for ages were still the most successful Club in English Football

In the past i agree you was, but at the moment your just and overated team that has a big history.

We can argue all day long about the history but its about whats happening now that tells the story. You can claim trophies in the 80's and i can say we won the league without losing a single game. But its about now, your only as good as your last result.

Your struggling to qualify for champions league if you carry on.

So, when soccer arguments get really heated it is acceptable to make up tournaments as the situation fits?

Fascinating.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Nov 16 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]133246[/snapback][/center]
In the past i agree you was, but at the moment your just and overated team that has a big history.

We can argue all day long about the history but its about whats happening now that tells the story. You can claim trophies in the 80's and i can say we won the league without losing a single game. But its about now, your only as good as your last result.

Your struggling to qualify for champions league if you carry on.
[/b]

I agree our Away form is terrible and we need to improve our current form. Every Liverpool Fan will tell you our current form simply is not good enough

But your home form wasn't anything to shout about til you met us either

The Mancs are walking away with it atm and Chelsea arent what they were last year But there is still a long way to go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 16 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]133247[/snapback][/center]
So, when soccer arguments get really heated it is acceptable to make up tournaments as the situation fits?

Fascinating.
[/b]

Guess its more Acceptable than calling yourselves the World Champions when only America Takes part

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daves'a Sillywalker @ Nov 16 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]133249[/snapback][/center]
I agree our Away form is terrible and we need to improve our current form. Every Liverpool Fan will tell you our current form simply is not good enough

But your home form wasn't anything to shout about til you met us either

The Mancs are walking away with it atm and Chelsea arent what they were last year But there is still a long way to go.
Guess its more Acceptable than calling yourselves the World Champions when only America Takes part
[/b]

But, but, what about Canada? They count too! :lol:

Well pre-season tournements are made to get the players fit and help blend in new players into a new team. There are many pre-season tournements far to many to name them all. Liverpool are the only club that recognise these training tournments as honours.

These matches involved in the pre-season tournaments oftern involve many youth or reserve teams players that will not play for the first team and is why knowone takes any notice of the winners of these small man made tournaments.

Dave is just trying to find excuses for is teams poor league performances of the last 15 years.

I agree with the world champs part tho, stupid american logic lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Nov 16 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]133253[/snapback][/center]
Well pre-season tournements are made to get the players fit and help blend in new players into a new team. There are many pre-season tournements far to many to name them all. Liverpool are the only club that recognise these training tournments as honours.

These matches involved in the pre-season tournaments oftern involve many youth or reserve teams players that will not play for the first team and is why knowone takes any notice of the winners of these small man made tournaments.

Dave is just trying to find excuses for is teams poor league performances or the last 15 years.
[/b]

Oh, it's obvious what he is trying to do. I just think it is funny that there is 6 or 7 different tourneys that soccer fans can lay claim to.

Oh, and we just refer to them as titles, the whole "World Champs" thing is mostly media/marketing. Most fans don't call them "World" champs, just camps, or title holders.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Nov 16 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]133253[/snapback][/center]

Dave is just trying to find excuses for is teams poor league performances of the last 15 years.

I agree with the world champs part tho, stupid american logic lol
[/b]

I know why your upset really its because your captain admitted the only other club in England he would play for is Liverpool.

And the American thing. If you dont want to be know as the world champs then why call it the World Series

Back