Upsets Upsets Upsets

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
I've never done this horribly in a pool before. EVER. By the time the first batch of games were done, I was 5-5, with my 16, 13, and 9 gone as losses. Atlanta lost to Cleveland? Green Fucking Bay over Minnesota? Houston, of all the fuckin teams, HOUSTON beat Jacksonville? Miami got it's mojo back over KC? The Patriots fuck it up in the last few minutes against the Jets? Denver almost gave me a heart attack, those assholes. Good thing they pulled it off, that was 15 points. What the fuck is going on this week? The Bears are playing like shit today. Why the hell can't Lovie put in Griese? Seriously. Thank God I only put one point on the Bears. This football weekend has been horrendus. Second time i've lost in the pool this year, and first time i've ever been at 50%.

I am so glad the Bears beat down Eli & Co.

I love to see Eli when he does poorly. He gets that look like he is ready to cry. Stupid bastard. Why would anyone in their right mind choose crappy NYC over wonderful San Diego? It was a no-Brainer IMO.

Any how about that Romo?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 12 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]132610[/snapback][/center]
I've never done this horribly in a pool before. EVER. By the time the first batch of games were done, I was 5-5, with my 16, 13, and 9 gone as losses. Atlanta lost to Cleveland? Green Fucking Bay over Minnesota? Houston, of all the fuckin teams, HOUSTON beat Jacksonville? Miami got it's mojo back over KC? The Patriots fuck it up in the last few minutes against the Jets? Denver almost gave me a heart attack, those assholes. Good thing they pulled it off, that was 15 points. What the fuck is going on this week? The Bears are playing like shit today. Why the hell can't Lovie put in Griese? Seriously. Thank God I only put one point on the Bears. This football weekend has been horrendus. Second time i've lost in the pool this year, and first time i've ever been at 50%.
[/b]

Hey, the Jets were ahead essentially the whole 2nd half, and controlled the game, bitch!

My final count was 9 for 15, a horrible 53% in the pool. My worst week this year. What pissed me off even more was that the total noobsauce who doesn't even watch football decided to play for fun. He circled random teams and then put his numbers in the following order: first slot 16, last slot 1, second slot 15, first to last slot 2, etc. The fucker raked in 58 points by the time the first five games were over......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 13 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]132764[/snapback][/center]
My final count was 9 for 15, a horrible 53% in the pool. My worst week this year. What pissed me off even more was that the total noobsauce who doesn't even watch football decided to play for fun. He circled random teams and then put his numbers in the following order: first slot 16, last slot 1, second slot 15, first to last slot 2, etc. The fucker raked in 58 points by the time the first five games were over......
[/b]

Heh, that's the beauty of it. There are days when the NFL favors the unexperienced. Here are some numbers to kee in mind for this year, you probably don't pick against the spread, but good numbers to keep in mind nevertheless.

Favorites: 54-69-5
Home teams: 69-54-5
Road favorites: 14-27-3
Dogs covering + winning outright: 49 of 696

Those are some fucked up stats for the year. It's all about the underdogs and the home teams this year.

So, you wanna talk about the upcoming game next week Stav, your Bears against my beloved Jets?

God damn Carolina.......

I'll begin most likely Wednesday, since i'll be kicking my ass over Carolina screwing up....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 13 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]132797[/snapback][/center]
God damn Carolina.......

I'll begin most likely Wednesday, since i'll be kicking my ass over Carolina screwing up....
[/b]

What happened?

I didn't watch the game tonight.

it's still going on. Carolina was down 7-0 for the first half. However, Carolina just scored a touchdown (they scored a field goal early in the third), so they lead 10-7

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 13 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]132802[/snapback][/center]
it's still going on. Carolina was down 7-0 for the first half. However, Carolina just scored a touchdown (they scored a field goal early in the third), so they lead 10-7
[/b]

Does Carolina need to win, or cover in your pool?

Back