Get the Vista Visual Experience on XP!

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
I fell in love with the vista GUI. Honestly, i find that it is the coolest GUI ever. Now that I'm back on XP, I'm feining for it. I did some searching and found that there is a program out there that redoes your entire XP GUI to look and operate almost identically to Vista's Aero GUI, including boot screens, setup screens, etc. It's called Vista Transformation Pack 5.5 (the current version).

Check it out here

You can also get the standalone visual styles (aka, plain theme, nothing else). That is called Vista Visual Styles Pack 5.0

You can download that from here

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 13 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]132615[/snapback][/center]
yes, but not with Vista's Aero
[/b]

Sure it can, as well as MacOSX's skin.

i tried blinds out first. it's just as unstable as it was 3 years ago. Damn near crashed my system again and fucked up my display. Vista Transformation Pack FTW

slightly noobish question but does using this transformation pack use up more resources? (like vista does)

I know for a fact blinds is a pointless resource hog. I have a good machine so it doesn't really bother me too much, but WindowsBlinds is kind of a pointless addition to one's desktop.

the pack had 50-100mb more ram usage. i cant say for sure, but i saw my ram usage bounce between 250 and 290mb. without it i ran at 150-200mb. i have 1gb ram, so i only noticed a few secs delay during startup. its much more resource efficient than windowblinds

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 12 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]132612[/snapback][/center]
I fell in love with the vista GUI. Honestly, i find that it is the coolest GUI ever. Now that I'm back on XP, I'm feining for it. I did some searching and found that there is a program out there that redoes your entire XP GUI to look and operate almost identically to Vista's Aero GUI, including boot screens, setup screens, etc. It's called Vista Transformation Pack 5.5 (the current version).

Check it out here
You can also get the standalone visual styles (aka, plain theme, nothing else). That is called Vista Visual Styles Pack 5.0

You can download that from here
[/b]

neither of those links worked for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 13 2006, 08:59 AM) [snapback]132667[/snapback][/center]
eh my standard usage is like 360mb :(

i dont fancy another 100mb on top of that tbh
[/b]
That's why you get MORE RAM :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Nov 13 2006, 04:22 AM) [snapback]132629[/snapback][/center]
I know for a fact blinds is a pointless resource hog. I have a good machine so it doesn't really bother me too much, but WindowsBlinds is kind of a pointless addition to one's desktop.
[/b]

/agree

But thanks for the links Stav, will check them out.

Back