Votes: 5 62.5%
  • A certain decade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

zanaiomih

The magic never ends...
I really like to decorate my home, both IG and in RL. It's not a cheap hobby, but it's fun, and when it's done it feels and (hopefully) looks great :)

So...
Do you have a favorite style within deco? (See poll)
Got any special or different plans/projects?
Do you like to do it yourself, or do you want others to do it for you?
And last, do you have any dreams regarding this area? ...if you had the money to do as you wished...;)

I have a hodgepodge of stuff ranging from Dania bookshelves to some weird statues I picked up in Africa. There are also some Star Wars legos on display.

I go for the white trash/trailer parkesque look. I just need to put wheels on my house.
*Giggles*
-----

I picked oriental :)
Even so, I love a mix of oriental and things inspired by India and Africa (Egypt mostly), plus a bit 'medieval' thrown in there. All this with a modern base. I also like it mixed with old antique things. I prefer dark wood types in furniture. All our furniture is in some sort of dark wood, and lots of it inspired by India, hence the name of a lot of the things we have - Bombay :)

I like colors. For ex our kitchen has red walls, black fronts on the cabinets, and then mosaic that's a mix of gold and choclate.

Our project now is to paint the silhouette of Taj Mahal on one of the walls in the livingroom, and then we are to decorate our baby's room :)

Last edited:
Modern with a little oriental (I have a Japanese harp given by an exchange student) - but mostly as modern as I could ever get. I want gadgets and the clean look of metal.

Other - I'm a guy for chrissakes.

Edit - except like Neils I also have some Star Wars legos on display!

My den has MS Light sabers around the top of each wall, I have a framed shirt that Gary Sinise wore in "Mission to Mars", Another wall is almost full of books, another set of shelves has a working replica of that alien detector thing from "Aliens".....thats just the den lol. Other than that my infuences come from all over the world.. I have almost finished making a large low round table for the living room of which I hand carved the top...decorating does not have to be expensive...I see something I like then just recreate it for half the cost. :)

My den has MS Light sabers around the top of each wall, I have a framed shirt that Gary Sinise wore in "Mission to Mars", Another wall is almost full of books, another set of shelves has a working replica of that alien detector thing from "Aliens".....thats just the den lol. Other than that my infuences come from all over the world.. I have almost finished making a large low round table for the living room of which I hand carved the top...decorating does not have to be expensive...I see something I like then just recreate it for half the cost. :)
That's what we're doing at times. Yes, it usually takes a little time, but it's fun and it feels good afterwords to have worked with your hands :)

Back