Judge me!

Timi

Once again, I've modified, updated my site. I consulted a friend that is in the gaming "review" business for some pointers. I put a lot of work into this revision and quite happy with the outcome. Is it professional grade? No, but for one person working on a project, I can't complain. Just click the sig.

As usual, I'm open to suggestions/recommendations.

The only thing that bothers me about your main page is the backround image. It reminds me of myspace and myspace is gay.

Actually, that's not bad.

I think it needs only a couple of more touch ups before looking completely professional. I'm impressed.

Wow. Good work Timi. Love the layout, but not a fan of the bg either. Maybe that's just personal preference.

I wouldn't worry too much about professional grade. Because your site is functional, fulfills it's purpose and is close enough to where I don't think visitors will really care. Over time, you can make tweaks, but I think you're in a good spot right now.

Can I make a small suggestion? For each blog entry, how about linking to the full article from the article title in addition to the "read more" link. For me, it's just instinctive to click on the article title if I want to read the whole article. Just a functionality tweak. An invisibility thing.

Over all, great work. I'm impressed. I bookmarked you. I'll make sure to come in and trash your reviews from time to time :)

Titles are now linkable, didn't even think about that. The background, it's hit or miss, seems to be like the big thing on most gaming sites. Generally for advertisements of new games and so forth. The good news is, it's easily interchangeable, so if it gets a lot of negative feedback, I can come up with something a little more neutral.

Not bad, I agree with everybody on the background issue. If your wanting it for advertising it needs to be either more visible or if no advertising make it a solid color. Right know the space on the sides are so small you dont really get to see what it is. Nice I was going to use that video system too, but my host company wont let me touch my php.ini file :( so I had to use just straight up flash embedded. Overall it looks pretty good. Oh one more thing the page name up at the top of IE or mozilla just has - for it.

In my opinion the background just doesn't contrast enough with the foreground. It's basically the same shades as the content area.

The problem with that is that it attracts the eye as much as the content, but it's not nearly as important as the content.

Oh yeah, and the changing pictures all look stretched.

Just my "two cents".

Edit - Your username/password fail message is in an unexpected spot. I had to look around for the message that I failed to login. I suggest putting it closer to the login box somehow.

Edit 2 - Well, you did say "judge me". I was browsing around some more, it bothers me how the contact page, about us page, etc., all have the same slide show and news sections. If I click on a link, I'm interested in reading about what I clicked on. I don't feel like being bombarded with the huge slide show every time I click something, I already saw it on the home page. It's redundant and hogs lots of space.

Last edited:
In my opinion the background just doesn't contrast enough with the foreground. It's basically the same shades as the content area.

The problem with that is that it attracts the eye as much as the content, but it's not nearly as important as the content.

Oh yeah, and the changing pictures all look stretched.

Out of my control as that is how the mod is programmed to operate.

Just my "two cents".

That's a default background as I ran into issues with individuals that use a wide screen monitor, so that's in place until I can find something that works.

Edit - Your username/password fail message is in an unexpected spot. I had to look around for the message that I failed to login. I suggest putting it closer to the login box somehow.

Again, out of my control at this moment as that is programmed into the template.

Edit 2 - Well, you did say "judge me". I was browsing around some more, it bothers me how the contact page, about us page, etc., all have the same slide show and news sections. If I click on a link, I'm interested in reading about what I clicked on. I don't feel like being bombarded with the huge slide show every time I click something, I already saw it on the home page. It's redundant and hogs lots of space.

Matter of opinion. I've had others tell me they like it as it resolves having to back track every time they click on a new area. I'll work on a happy medium, but again, it's all dependent on the person.

Filling in the blank so I can post.

Out of my control as that is how the mod is programmed to operate.

Matter of opinion. I've had others tell me they like it as it resolves having to back track every time they click on a new area. I'll work on a happy medium, but again, it's all dependent on the person.

1. You should be able to edit the template at least to some extent, but it probably wouldn't be very easy, especially changing the plug-ins/add-ons.

2. Well, you were asking for opinions. :D

Back