Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the curse is broken

the curse is broken

For those of you wondering, "Star Trek" is an incredible movie. If you haven't read any of the spoiler articles out there, know that there is an ingenious solution to any problems with continuity one might think of. This is the first odd-numbered Trek film that kicked ass instead of sucking it.
    My name is Spoony and the note said my toes looked like tootsie rolls.

yeah that movie was pretty sick, John Choo was a straight up bad ass lol

Saw it on opening day. It was definitely more kick ass than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaki View Post
    yeah that movie was pretty sick, John Choo was a straight up bad ass lol

Yeah, I want his switchblade rapier. You could snatch a lot of wallets with that thing.

The curse was not broken. The only thing that made me give it a mediocre rating was J.J. Abrams' ability to inject a shitload of awesome action into a movie. Everything else about it sucked. The storyline, the plot, the acting, it was all a crappy attempt to redefine Star Trek from something that focused on science, philosophy, and character to something that focused on shiny lights and explosions. Gene is turning in his grave seeing that his vision has turned into a whole bunch of unnecessary fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrose View Post
    The curse was not broken. The only thing that made me give it a mediocre rating was J.J. Abrams' ability to inject a shitload of awesome action into a movie. Everything else about it sucked. The storyline, the plot, the acting, it was all a crappy attempt to redefine Star Trek from something that focused on science, philosophy, and character to something that focused on shiny lights and explosions. Gene is turning in his grave seeing that his vision has turned into a whole bunch of unnecessary fluff.

Gene was a shitty writer and you know it.

The trailer told me all I needed to know.

I knew it wasn't going to be "Star Trek" despite the movie's name. But I knew it was going to be chock o block full of action and coolness and hot people. And probably a lot of fun. I wasn't disappointed. But I liked it.

But this is Star Trek for people who didn't like Star trek in the first place. Nor do I think it's a permanent direction for the franchise. It's Star Trek for the Bush era.

And like the world we live in, someday the science, nuance and moral quandry will be back. So I'm not bothered.

I'm not really into star trek nor do I know a fucking thing about it lol, but this movie was awesome.

I've always hated Star Trek for the most part, but this movie was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaki View Post
    I'm not really into star trek nor do I know a fucking thing about it lol, but this movie was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggrass420 View Post
    I've always hated Star Trek for the most part, but this movie was pretty cool.
    And I think this movie was designed for a different target audiance (like me).

This summed it up pretty good I thought.