I can tell you what the ultimate MMO will be

Timi

It'll be the company that takes the content and questing of WoW and mixes it with the sandbox open endness of SWG. Hence why they need to make Fallout Online DAMN IT!!!!!!!

Screw Interplay...GO GO BIOWARE!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Dec 7 2006, 02:41 AM) [snapback]136089[/snapback][/center]
and the hookers and black coffee from san andreas
[/b]

Or second-life... :mellow:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Dec 7 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]136080[/snapback][/center]
Also add the diversity of EQ2 into the mix as well.
[/b]
What diversity? The character races? That's about it for diversity in eq2 :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Dec 7 2006, 05:06 AM) [snapback]136097[/snapback][/center]
What diversity? The character races? That's about it for diversity in eq2 :p
[/b]

Character races, classes, crafting choices... :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Dec 8 2006, 02:31 AM) [snapback]136117[/snapback][/center]
Character races, classes, crafting choices... :p
[/b]
When I played I noticed hardly any difference in classes (IE Crusader played nearly the same as a Palidin) All the rogue classes were the same, never played a mage really though.

Best thing EQ2 had going for it was the fact that I could be a frog.

From my experience, consumers like to fully customise their gaming experience. People don't want to be clones; they want to be unique, which you've got to give props to SOE for.

SOE's character customisation screens are some of the most customisable in the MMO Market. I recently wrote a letter to John Smedley, and received a reply on the matter of sand box Gameplay, and I can say it is un-doubtedly the future of the MMO industry.

I think the sand box approach is the only way to knock WoW off the top spot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Dec 7 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]136130[/snapback][/center]
From my experience, consumers like to fully customise their gaming experience. People don't want to be clones; they want to be unique, which you've got to give props to SOE for.

SOE's character customisation screens are some of the most customisable in the MMO Market. I recently wrote a letter to John Smedley, and received a reply on the matter of sand box Gameplay, and I can say it is un-doubtedly the future of the MMO industry.

I think the sand box approach is the only way to knock WoW off the top spot.
[/b]
Fer yer own good, change yer tone to the Wanderhomie. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Dec 7 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]136119[/snapback][/center]
When I played I noticed hardly any difference in classes (IE Crusader played nearly the same as a Palidin) All the rogue classes were the same, never played a mage really though.

Best thing EQ2 had going for it was the fact that I could be a frog.
[/b]
Doh! Diversity.

Besides the classes are a little more different nowadays. Before when you had to go through fighter/crusader/Paladin or SK they end up very similar. Now, you area Paladin right off the bat, so you get Paladin skills from the begining.

Sand Box, Endgame max 15 man, Quests+Ability to solo, Diverse Crafting and Player housing, Customisable beyond all recognition.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Dec 7 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]136138[/snapback][/center]
Sand Box, Endgame max 15 man, Quests+Ability to solo, Diverse Crafting and Player housing, Customisable beyond all recognition.
[/b]
:D Agree!

Back