My Camping Tour of Duty is Finally Over!

Huntress

Wow this week/weekend was brutal. Monday my Brother In law started Camping for the PS3 for me and I took over for him on Thrusday. We still switched in and out and I scored a PS3 60GB and RFOM. If that werent enough Saturday at 6pm the lines at my Best Buy started to form... So bam there I was 6th in line and the BB had 84 Wii Units. By 4am there were over 90 people lined up outside BB and people kept flooding in till the manager arrived and sent the 85th 86th etc person packing. People were still trying to come in for the Wii when I left the store. Dont get me wrong PS3 is decent so far but I cant stop playing with my Wii.

Wii sports is not all that in-depth but its mainly a traning simulation to get used to the Wii Remote. So far a friend and my Brother In Law are tearing up Monkey Ball, Wii Sports and diving into Zelda. Im halfway through RFOM due to camping exhaustion and to be frank once you get the feel for the Wii-mote its a blast. Ill get back to RFOM later but with Drunken Monkey Ball and Wii Sports not to mention Zelda, which so far is panning out to be kick ass, RFOM and the 600$ Machine of Doooom has taken a back seat as has my 360 and GoW.

Wii sports isnt meant to be played sitting on your ass... we are actually going through the movements as if we were really playing the said sport and its working perfectly. However Zelda is more subtle and can easily be played sitting on your ass with barely no effort. The Wii can do some amazing things in the future lets hope the games deliver because I am starting to already believe in the possibilities the wii-mote has to offer. The graphics may not be powered by "The Cell" nor cutting edge on my HD... but damnit if it isnt kick ass fun to play so far.

I'm not a Fanboi of either system Im just a straight up die-hard gamer that owns all three consoles and a gaming PC and I have not had this much fun with a console system in a long time and I dont see that being a part of the "I Just Got It Factor". Its fresh, its fun and if you go into it with an open mind you will have a blast. Cant wait to see what Wii has in sotre for the future.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Nov 19 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]133809[/snapback][/center]
I actually got cramp playing Wii Sports, maybe its a secret fitness program.
[/b]

Or just an out of shape Sony Fanboi? Muhahahahaha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Nov 20 2006, 01:56 AM) [snapback]133836[/snapback][/center]
Or just an out of shape Sony Fanboi? Muhahahahaha
[/b]

Out of shape, nah. Just the arm action after 2-3 hours of play the arm starts to sieze up.

I ain't a fanboi, I am a staffer.

wii sports says my fitness age is 42. A video game just told me I am out of shape. great. that's just what the wife needs to see.
played zelda for over 8 hours straight with 0 problems.

i did find any extra remote but no nunchucks yet. anybody get the classic controller?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Nov 20 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]133864[/snapback][/center]
wii sports says my fitness age is 42. A video game just told me I am out of shape. great. that's just what the wife needs to see.

i did find any extra remote but no nunchucks yet. anybody get the classic controller?
[/b]

Yeah I picked it up as well and some VC coins for the Virtual Console havent cracked into em yet to busy being hung over after Drunken Monkey Ball Vodka Madness Night!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Nov 20 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]133928[/snapback][/center]
Yeah I picked it up as well and some VC coins for the Virtual Console havent cracked into em yet to busy being hung over after Drunken Monkey Ball Vodka Madness Night!
[/b]

God I hate you...so looking forward to a rum filled Monkey Ball night.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gomi @ Nov 20 2006, 07:26 AM) [snapback]133864[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
I don't think I'll pick up the classic controller cause it has slots you can just use regular Gamecube controllers. I never cared much for wireless controllers and changing batteries. I just hope the wiimote has a decent battery life. (I saw online that some 3rd party company is putting out a rechargeable battery pack and charging stand for the wiimote...)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Nov 20 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]133928[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
My god Huntress; did you buy every game there is?! :p

Back