Picking on Soccer (Football)

Liverpool may not be on top of their game right now, but we are still the best team on Mersyside. Arsenal are not playing to their best either, but they not even close to being the best team in London.

Like I said, so we lost a game, big deal. Prem is already over for 18 teams anyway.

if you talk about all time, Liverpool are the best. If you talk current, Chelsea are the best, because of the situation they are in with the silly amounts of drug money they have to spend.

Liverpool are still winning trophies, more often than most of the other "top" teams so I'm quite happy with the fact they are not falling behind, and I think its only a matter of time before they win a prem, especially looking at the next batch coming through the academy.

best team in merseyside? true lol but not much competition there

but im going to have to disagree with you on one thing, fubar. i think arsenal have been playing some superb football but just not putting the ball in the back of the net......i cant believe what a good player fabregas is for his age (hes younger than me the bastard - yeah i know that sounds weird but i have been used to footballers always being older than me :p)

liverpool will always have a chance as long as they have STEVIE GERRARD!!!! sorry but i can never just say his name....i have to always shout it like that......but if he ever leaves i am not sure things would be the same for a long time at anfield....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 16 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]133301[/snapback][/center]
but im going to have to disagree with you on one thing, fubar. i think arsenal have been playing some superb football but just not putting the ball in the back of the net[/b]

which unfortunatly is what football is all about, putting the ball into the other teams goal, and stoping them doing exactly that to yours.

You dont win games by looking good, you win it by scoring goals.

duh i know that but that wasnt what i was talking about......

just because they arent winning doesnt mean they arent playing well

Didnt everton beat you 3-0 and are they not higher in the table than you, but probably like spurs last season they will bottle it and you will finish higher.

If i was rafa i would drop alonso, play gerrard and sissoko with pennant and gonzalez on the wings. Alonso is a graet passer of the ball but offers little to nothing else, Gerrard offers so much more and sissoko is the battler you need in the middle.

Or play like arsenal

---------------------Kuyt--------------------

Gonzalez--------------------------Pennant
-------------Alonso--------Gerrard---------
---------------------Sissoko-----------------

Oh and you deffinatly need a new set pf keepers lol reina has got to be one of the worst keepers in the prem so dodgy and unreliable.

I wish in january that arsenal buy Buffon and Ribery/Wright philips. Arsenal are having trouble breaking teams down with just pure passing with ribery or wright philips we will have a player that will run at the defnse and make them commit. Buffon cause lehman retires this year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Nov 16 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]133254[/snapback][/center]
Oh, and we just refer to them as titles, the whole "World Champs" thing is mostly media/marketing. Most fans don't call them "World" champs, just camps, or title holders.
[/b]
They are world championships... the only thing is there are no teams in the leagues outside of north america

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Nov 16 2006, 08:31 PM) [snapback]133424[/snapback][/center]
They are world championships... the only thing is there are no teams in the leagues outside of north america
[/b]

You do have to remember, the first "world series" was in 1903, over 100 years ago...some of the countries in the soccer tourneys were still having revolutions then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 16 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]133309[/snapback][/center]
duh i know that but that wasnt what i was talking about......

just because they arent winning doesnt mean they arent playing well
[/b]

playing well? possesion is only part of the game, and is for a purpose. They are playing part of the game, if they were playing well they would be scoring more goals and winning more games.

Arsenal, just like Liverpool are underachieving,

and T'Luassa if Gerrard was playing in the middle where he belongs, then Liverpool would be a much beter side, it baffles me why Rafa plays him out of position, although he is probably trying to cover up the huge mistake he made in buying Pennent (wate of money IMHO). Gonzo has yet to prove himself on the left, where as we have sissy and xabi both worthy of a starting place, competing against each other in the middle.

If we had good wide players, we would have more width and be much more fearsome going forward as any good coach will tell you, to attack you need width and depth.

I can hold my hands up and say Liverpool are playing shite, just makes me laugh when Arsenal fans think they are doing anything much better.

Only good teams right now are Chelsea and the Mancs, as much as it pains me to say it :(

I fucking hate football, what is it with arsenal and always conceding first and making it hard for our selves.

Back