Welcome to Wanderhomies 2.0!

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
I apologize for the downtime. My hosting was about to expire and I found a new host that is better and offers more for twice the price. So I had to pretty much transfer everything over. Yesterday the site was flipflopping between hosts as the DNS propogated. Today the site was down for most of the day as I worked on restoring everything. After almost eight hours, it's finally back up and running!

There will be some changes around here. First off, I got rid of mkPortal, the portal system used on the old site. It wasn't integrated with the forum and caused numerous problems on my part (it broke the gallery, it was separate from the forum causing skewed site stats, it was confusing to use). The new portal system is integrated and is much cleaner. There are no special new things you have to learn. Everything you used before you can use now.

Just a quick note of a few important details:
  • Avatars for some reason aren't working. Re-uploading won't work. For now, don't use avatars, don't even remote-link them. It might end up screwing things up more once I fix it.
  • Moderators: The Moderator Center is down for an unknown period of time. Reports will now come in that annoying PM form. Sorry, I'm working on it.
  • If you have any experience with PHP and Invision Power Board modding, not just PHP, please contact me.
  • If you encounter ANY site errors, report them immediately to me via email!
These are not the only changes that will occur. As of now I just got the basic site up and running. The forum and the blogs are good to go, so use those freely. In light of the 1 year anniversary of Wanderhome, I'm preparing some pretty decent goodies and surprises for everyone. This was part of the reason I changed to a better host. Over the next couple of weeks you will see the site change and expand, with new features and more user interactivity. I promise you the changes will make your lives much easier (although not as much for me, but that's a different story :D). I'd say "Enjoy the new site" but there isn't really much except a forum, for now :p Thanks for your patience, and I apologize again for the downtime.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 6 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]131230[/snapback][/center]
I apologize for the downtime. My hosting was about to expire and I found a new host that is better and offers more for twice the price. So I had to pretty much transfer everything over. Yesterday the site was flipflopping between hosts as the DNS propogated. Today the site was down for most of the day as I worked on restoring everything. After almost eight hours, it's finally back up and running!

There will be some changes around here. First off, I got rid of mkPortal, the portal system used on the old site. It wasn't integrated with the forum and caused numerous problems on my part (it broke the gallery, it was separate from the forum causing skewed site stats, it was confusing to use). The new portal system is integrated and is much cleaner. There are no special new things you have to learn. Everything you used before you can use now.

Just a quick note of a few important details:
  • Avatars for some reason aren't working. Just re-upload them. If you want your old avatar, contact me describing it and I can send it to you. I have them all backed up, they just don't want to cooperate with the site.
  • Moderators: The Moderator Center is down for an unknown period of time. Reports will now come in that annoying PM form. Sorry, I'm working on it.
  • If you have any experience with PHP and Invision Power Board modding, not just PHP, please contact me.
  • If you encounter ANY site errors, report them immediately to me via email!
These are not the only changes that will occur. As of now I just got the basic site up and running. The forum and the blogs are good to go, so use those freely. In light of the 1 year anniversary of Wanderhome, I'm preparing some pretty decent goodies and surprises for everyone. This was part of the reason I changed to a better host. Over the next couple of weeks you will see the site change and expand, with new features and more user interactivity. I promise you the changes will make your lives much easier (although not as much for me, but that's a different story :D). I'd say "Enjoy the new site" but there isn't really much except a forum, for now :p Thanks for your patience, and I apologize again for the downtime.
[/b]

Thank you so much Stavrose!!!
You spoil us rotten and ya work too damn hard!!
I order you to get drunk and play with bewbeez ;)

Good to see the site was brought back up realtively fast. Thanks again for everything Stav. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nivekella @ Nov 6 2006, 11:13 PM) [snapback]131235[/snapback][/center]
Thank you so much Stavrose!!!
You spoil us rotten and ya work too damn hard!!
I order you to get drunk and play with bewbeez ;)
[/b]

I second all those motions!

FYI - I posted to my blog and got this error. Refreashing did fix it, and the blog posted.

mySQL query error: SELECT bt.tracker_id,m.name, m.email, m.id, m.language, m.last_activity, m.members_display_name, m.mgroup, m.mgroup_others,ab.blog_id as auth_blog_id FROM ibf_blog_tracker bt,ibf_members m LEFT JOIN ibf_blog_authmembers ab ON ( ab.blog_id=bt.blog_id AND ab.member_id = bt.member_id ) WHERE bt.blog_id=3 AND bt.member_id=m.id AND m.id <> 15

SQL error: Unknown column 'bt.blog_id' in 'on clause'
SQL error code:
Date: Tuesday 07th of November 2006 06:22:21 AM

hmmm, this might be related to the avatar uploading issue. I'll look into it when I get back from classes

GG Stav.

Site looks good and I am looking forward to these new changes with great zeal.

...but I want my avatar back.

.... errr ok mine is there... disregard

thanks a ton stav lots of work with little or no praise :/

one issue ..... i have an always on connection and since this new set up started i have it turned off once i come to wh's .. the site will stay up but once i try to navigate i get the prompt to restablish my connection ..which i do with a click and im good to go ..jsut odd for me any idea wtf is goin on there

thanks a ton stav lots of work with little or no praise :/

one issue ..... i have an always on connection and since this new set up started i have it turned off once i come to wh's .. the site will stay up but once i try to navigate i get the prompt to restablish my connection ..which i do with a click and im good to go ..jsut odd for me any idea wtf is goin on there

Yeah, you're doing a great job. Like the new site, even though it took me 10 minutes to find the forums button. :p

I am not able to upload any avatars :( I've tried multiple ones and one in piticular is 31kb, well under the size. And it's not even close as big as some avatars are on these forums.

:The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem:

people never read. 5th time i've gotten this reported, even thought i say i know about it in the original post :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 14 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]132948[/snapback][/center]
people never read. 5th time i've gotten this reported, even thought i say i know about it in the original post :(
[/b]

My bad. I didn't read your original before I posted.. scrolled up and read the second post (which quoted it)

Didn't read your edit.

Avatars for some reason aren't working. Just re-upload them. If you want your old avatar, contact me describing it and I can send it to you. I have them all backed up, they just don't want to cooperate with the site
[/b]

Back