Tiveria

Sheeptastic!
http://ffxi.stratics.com/content/contests/...07/?nocookies=1

* Grand Prize
o Alienware® Area-51® 5500 Gaming PC
+ Operating System: Windows® XP Home
+ Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 3.20GHz
+ RAM: 1GB
+ Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra (256MB)
+ Hard Drive: 80GB 7200RPM SATA
+ Optical Drive: 16x DVD±R/W Drive
o FINAL FANTASY® XI Vana'diel® Collection 2007

* First Prize
o Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
o Logitech G7 Wireless Laser Mouse

* Ten Runner-up Prizes

The FINAL FANTASY® XI Vana'diel® Collection 2007 Contest runs from 11:59 AM PST November 8, 2006 to 11:59 AM PST December 8, 2006. Winners will be randomly selected from eligible entries.

For further contest details please read the Rules and Regulations.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 8 2006, 04:06 PM) [snapback]131778[/snapback][/center]
anyone else notice that pc sucks?
[/b]
Yeah... but it's FREE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 8 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]131778[/snapback][/center]
anyone else notice that pc sucks?
[/b]

Hell I'd enter if it was just for the RAM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 8 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]131778[/snapback][/center]
anyone else notice that pc sucks? [/b]

It's pretty decent...it'll run any game that is out today just fine, and will be good for a few more years. The only thing you'd really need to look to upgrade in a year or so would be the RAM.

FFXI on the other hand....blah...game sucks, but that's just me.

I have that exact PC from Alienware but I upgraded to 2GB or RAM....got it over a year ago and it still chews up any game I throw at it. I'll toss a new vid card in it within a few months and bump it up to 4GB and it will still be good for the next year or so. Everyone has this nasty opinion of Alienware but they make a great PC. I've had 2 now....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Nov 8 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]131830[/snapback][/center]
I have that exact PC from Alienware but I upgraded to 2GB or RAM....got it over a year ago and it still chews up any game I throw at it. I'll toss a new vid card in it within a few months and bump it up to 4GB and it will still be good for the next year or so. Everyone has this nasty opinion of Alienware but they make a great PC. I've had 2 now....
[/b]
I got an alienware 2 years ago for work, played SWG on it for a year and loved it :)

I quit my job and SWG over a year ago, I miss that alien

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Nov 9 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]131798[/snapback][/center]
It's pretty decent...it'll run any game that is out today just fine, and will be good for a few more years. The only thing you'd really need to look to upgrade in a year or so would be the RAM.

FFXI on the other hand....blah...game sucks, but that's just me.
[/b]
that point about running todays games is kinda bawlz. i have a pretty similar setup (nearly 3 years old :/) and it will certainly run everything thrown at it (like most PCs) but not at anywhere near high settings (i hate agp :()........

i recently upgraded to 2gb ram and that was solely for battlefield 2 loading times and i was getting sick of CTDs :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 9 2006, 05:41 AM) [snapback]131864[/snapback][/center]
that point about running todays games is kinda bawlz. i have a pretty similar setup (nearly 3 years old :/) and it will certainly run everything thrown at it (like most PCs) but not at anywhere near high settings (i hate agp :( )........

i recently upgraded to 2gb ram and that was solely for battlefield 2 loading times and i was getting sick of CTDs :p
[/b]

The only difference between mine and this computer is mine is a P4 2.8 and I can run any game in High resolution without any problems, even EQ2.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Nov 9 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]131873[/snapback][/center]
high resolution perhaps but not with high details on.........
[/b]

It would be FREE. At the worst, you could sell it someone else.

Some people can't even afford a low-end PC - to get a mid-ranged that will even play some games is more than a few people could hope for.

I think if I won it would cause more problems.. lol people would want my old computer and when I tell them I'm not giving it up they would call me a selfish fuck and then Id rant at them telling them ive spent more than 500+ on upgrades they wont even use and then Id end up setting both pcs up in my room...

Yes im weird :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Nov 9 2006, 09:07 AM) [snapback]131885[/snapback][/center]
I think if I won it would cause more problems.. lol people would want my old computer and when I tell them I'm not giving it up they would call me a selfish fuck and then Id rant at them telling them ive spent more than 500+ on upgrades they wont even use and then Id end up setting both pcs up in my room...

Yes im weird :p
[/b]

You know how many old PC's I have sitting around my apartment?

I just hate when people think your going to give something away cause you got something new... it's stupid..... This computer isn't even paid off im not going to just give it to you... pay fuckin 1k-1.5k for it and you can have it :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Nov 9 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]131892[/snapback][/center]
I just hate when people think your going to give something away cause you got something new... it's stupid..... This computer isn't even paid off im not going to just give it to you... pay fuckin 1k-1.5k for it and you can have it :p
[/b]

Freeloader friends FTL!

Back