Grandma is going to die, and I have to go to Ontario

Ackis

Uber Pheesh
Get a call Saturday night that my grandmother had a stroke and she probably won't recover. Get a call Sunday morning that she didn't get better so its' hour by hour. Her status hasn't changed in 2 days so far. /shrug

I feel your pain...I had a buddy of mine get killed in Iraq about a month ago. I couldn't attend his funeral because I had to go to Ohio on a business trip and couldn't get out of it.

No she lives in Ontario... we're going for the funeral even though she's still alive right now. It's one of those fucked up situations. =/

My Grandpa recently had a bad reaction to some sleeping medicine and everyone thought he had a stroke. Gave everyone a scare. I feel for ya man.. All my Grandparents are nearing the 80's. But when you go I guess it's your time.

I'll be ok... nurses just told my parents that they shouldn't leave the hospital. *shrug* She'll probably be gone by the time we land.

I'm just in a weird situation... I'm glad she's passing on because she's going to a better place (hopefully lol), and she'll be with my grandfather... but she didn't love me when I was growing up, and was a bad grandmother. /shrug

The last 6-7 years she's been in a home because she has dimensia, so really we lost her then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Nov 7 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]131426[/snapback][/center]
I'll be ok... nurses just told my parents that they shouldn't leave the hospital. *shrug* She'll probably be gone by the time we land.

I'm just in a weird situation... I'm glad she's passing on because she's going to a better place (hopefully lol), and she'll be with my grandfather... but she didn't love me when I was growing up, and was a bad grandmother. /shrug

The last 6-7 years she's been in a home because she has dimensia, so really we lost her then.
[/b]

Yeah. It's all for the best.

"We're going for the funeral, but she isn't dead yet" optimistic... I like it.

may the gods prevent your flying machine from cashing into a pit of canadian bacon (aka ham)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Nov 8 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]131568[/snapback][/center]
Wow. I just found out my Grandma is in the hospital and has pnuemonia. :(
[/b]

:hug:

Sorry to hear that hon. Let me know if you need to talk.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Nov 7 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]131319[/snapback][/center]
Get a call Saturday night that my grandmother had a stroke and she probably won't recover. Get a call Sunday morning that she didn't get better so its' hour by hour. Her status hasn't changed in 2 days so far. /shrug
[/b]
:hug:

Our flight left at 6:15, was a bit late... we boarded around 6:20. Found out she passed away at 6:10.

Everyone laughed when I told them I wanted "DING DONG the witch is dead" played at the funeral.

Back