Brett Favre

Offered 24 million dollars to retire.Id take the money and hit the beach.:cool: Why take a chance at a severe injury!?!

I'm so over all of this BS.....it's like Jordans retirement, unretirement, retirement, unretirement....except it's football.

I just get a kick out of all the Favre lovers who think he's done nothing wrong and the NFL should get down on their knees and bow to him.

It looks as if he's goin to Tampa, which will be a hoot to watch Mr. Prema Donna and Gruden on the sidelines.

.....and now we now for sure where he's landing. Being a die hard Pats fan i'm none too happy to see him in NYC. bleh..

.....and now we now for sure where he's landing. Being a die hard Pats fan i'm none too happy to see him in NYC. bleh..

You mean you're worried about the all-time interception leader landing on a team with no A-level receiver to speak of? You got to be fucking kidding me.

P.S. I'm a Jet fan and sick to my stomach hearing about the trade.

I've got $5 that says he plays one year, does an epic fail and then retires.

And then unretires! :lol:

I just read about this in the International Herald Tribune on the beach. I think half a dozen tourists heard me yell out "For Fuck's Sake" when I read it. I'm sorry to hear that he went to the Jets. Most likely he will step into the starting position. Favre wasn't even considering talking to the Jets for the last few weeks, so they must have given him an offer Favre couldn't refuse: starting QB. Chad Pennington must be furious. But, just like in Green Bay, by the time mid-season rolls along with a record of 2-5, Favre will be bitching about how his offensive line blows and that he doesn't have any competent recievers to throw to. It made me sick to my stomach before I left the States when Favre first expressed his interest to un-retire, and it made me even sicker now that I learned he went to the Jets. Then again, you can't entirely blame Favre for that, since the Packers had the final say and no way in hell would they trade him to a team that they had a chance of playing sometime in the near future.

As much of a Favre fan I am (born and raised as a cheesehead) I'm glad we just got rid of the guy that lost so many games all by himself.

What people fail to realize, is that minus this last season, the last few seaons have been pretty bad. The interception he threw at the end of the NFC championship wasn't all too irregular for the guy.

For the Packers, this is the year they had to start Aaron Rodgers or admit they wasted a first round pick (I believe 16th overall). If he didn't play he'd end up being somewhere else next year and the team would be in a world of shit.

Anyway, I predict Favre will have some success in NY and play for this season and the next when he finally calls it a career. The Jets will make the playoffs (which was predicted before this trade) but lose in the first round...

I do feel bad for Rodgers though, unless this guy wins a Super Bowl first year starting (not gonna happen) the fans are going to unmercifully boo the poor kid every time he even has an incompletion. Taking out all their frustrations with how the Favre/Packer relationship ended on him.

Hell, it already began. A few hours after Favre's plane landed in WI to a hero's return, Rodgers arrived at training camp to a sea of boos. Poor kid, hopefully he can enjoy some success there.

P.S. Thinking about it more and more, Favre is a perfect fit for my Jets. Jet fans are so accustomed to QBs hawking terrible interceptions that this will be buisness as usual. (For evidence see: Pat Ryan, Ken O'Brien, Browning Nagle, Boomer Esiason, Neil O'Donnel, Chad Pennington, etc)

Last edited:
Heh, I hope he gets them deep into the playoffs at least (unlikely, but you never know), turns into a hero, then gives everyone the middle finger and leaves via free agency.

Lol, as for Favre, I saw something on ESPN yesterday that stated, "Favre will be the second famous Jet player next to Joe Nammoth." Then I thought about it and was like, damn, there are no famous jets. Well, except Chrebet.

As to how Favre landed at the Jets, apparently the Jets played to his ego and pretty much assured him demi god status.

Last edited:
Heh, I hope he gets them deep into the playoffs at least (unlikely, but you never know), turns into a hero, then gives everyone the middle finger and leaves via free agency.

Lol, as for Favre, I saw something on ESPN yesterday that stated, "Favre will be the second famous Jet player next to Joe Nammoth." Then I thought about it and was like, damn, there are no famous jets. Well, except Chrebet.

As to how Favre landed at the Jets, apparently the Jets played to his ego and pretty much assured him demi god status.

Well Curtis Martin is a future Hall of Famer. But, yeah....

Well he is doing what he loves and NY is the place to make the big bucks with endorsments and such so more power to him.

Madden said it best the other night. At the end of a long season alot of players/coaches feel as if the body is done and cant take anymore but after some much needed rest they get the urge back.

Would just be hard to turn down 24 million to retire lol!

GO BEARS!

P.S. Grossman please retire!

Ooof the Bears. Orton and Grossman need to retire. If they were smart they should pursue Pennington. Granted not the most durable, but at least he would give them a shot to compete.

*sniff* My arm's too fatigued to throw, I shouldn't have to practice as much as the other starters. I mean...I'm old.

I swear, I hope his debut this weekend against the Skins make him look like a bigger douche than he already is.

*sniff* My arm's too fatigued to throw, I shouldn't have to practice as much as the other starters. I mean...I'm old.

I swear, I hope his debut this weekend against the Skins make him look like a bigger douche than he already is.

Is that even possible at this point?

Well, I'm pissed. I use to be a huge Brett Favre fan, I worshiped at that alter, but year after year of his maybe I will, maybe I won't mentality and pretty much holding his team hostage, disillusioned me. Then when he started playing QB/GM for the packers and then acting like a little bitch when he didn't get his way, I started to realize that the down home country boy the media painted him out to be was nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

He's a whiny little drama queen that has to put himself in the spot light every chance he gets, even if it means using his family, teammates, or team to do it. I'll be routing for every team that plays against him this season, and I have a feeling all the Favremaniacs are going to be awfully disappointed this season.

Back