The Dark Knight

Vaki

I thought this movie was great and Heath Ledgers performance was awesome, I also thought they did a real great job on Harvey Dent great movie all together and best line for me anyways was when Bale goes "lets put two tables together" and Dent says " I dont think we can" Bale " Dont worry I own the place". classic Patrick Bateman line...Bale is the man

Harvey's turn from crusading DA to Two Face seemed a bit contrived to me. Especially when so much care and detail was taken to explain the motives of all the other characters. I wasn't buying it. But maybe that's nit-picking. I think Aaron Eckhart was great in the role, though.

And one more thing. Batman needs to ditch that voice. Every time he spoke, I thought of Popeye, and it was distracting.

Good movie, though.
Well done.

Great movie, very easy to fall into.

Ledger was.....simply awesome. I was a big fan of the original Keaton Batman, and Jack as the Joker, but Ledger made him seem like an amateur hack.

With a cast of Bale, Oldman, Freeman, and the job Ledger did, coupled with the story that was written, you get a simply marvelous movie.

Harvey's turn from crusading DA to Two Face seemed a bit contrived to me. Especially when so much care and detail was taken to explain the motives of all the other characters. I wasn't buying it. But maybe that's nit-picking. I think Aaron Eckhart was great in the role, though.

And one more thing. Batman needs to ditch that voice. Every time he spoke, I thought of Popeye, and it was distracting.

Good movie, though.
Well done.

Nah, I agree. Eckhart did great as Harvey Dent, but when he was morphed into two face, it just seemed as if they were trying too hard to get the character in there.

With that said, how everything ties together and how the Joker single handedly brought Gotham to it's knees was one of the best written plots. Like one review I read, after a while you forgoet, but eventually you remember that you're watching a super hero movie.

And I must say the Joker does the best magic trick....EVAR!

I completely agree with that and on another note I think that they made his voice like that madrigal just because the people would know his voice if he talked the same way he did as Bruce Wayne so they had him with a creepier dark voice.

Nah, I agree. Eckhart did great as Harvey Dent, but when he was morphed into two face, it just seemed as if they were trying too hard to get the character in there.

With that said, how everything ties together and how the Joker single handedly brought Gotham to it's knees was one of the best written plots. Like one review I read, after a while you forgoet, but eventually you remember that you're watching a super hero movie.

And I must say the Joker does the best magic trick....EVAR!

Pencil in table + Bad guy = WIN!

I completely agree with that and on another note I think that they made his voice like that madrigal just because the people would know his voice if he talked the same way he did as Bruce Wayne so they had him with a creepier dark voice.

Yep, the voice is obnoxious, but the intent is to disguise his real voice. How many super hero shows or movies have you seen where they use their normal voice and you think, "seriously, how dunce are the people not to realize who it is?" Disguising his voice actually adds a very effective disguise to his actual identity.

I understand he's disguising his voice. But Popeye? Please.
Also, I think Rorschach is using the same voice in Watchmen.
Is this a hot new trend or something? Maybe I should take up smoking again :lol:

Saw it today, was amazing! Great film.
A lot of Hype over Ledger and I have to say it was deserved. B)

I noticed Batmans voice more at the start. I thought it must stand out more than Bat Begins. I meant to watch it again! Doh!

Eckhart was amazing too. Great way to put the TLJ version to rest. The CGI makeup was creepy and perfect at the same time.
Not enough Two-Face though and they did rush it in. Same thing with Venom. These villains deserve their own films so stop putting them all in 1!

His fate at the end was rubbish. Why must they keep doing this to villains.
Terrible to say but in hind sight I expect they wished it was Joker instead.

Surprised but it worked with the Joker only having painted skin not permanent.
I wonder what will happen in Batman 3 now but I can't wait! ^_^

The short two-face arc was retarded. I could just imagine this guy who was fighting bad guys all the time pretending not to be scared like, "yeah, man, I lost my girlfriend, I'm gonna be a bad guy now and kill everyone so I feel better"... yeah right...

It just didn't fit. I mean, at least drop some kind of hint to the darker side of his character earlier, maybe they meant it to be surprising but as a character I don't find him believable at all - much less so than Joker.

And don't even get me started on how ridiculous it is that Joker was able to get away with planting so many bombs everywhere... and how he "planned" to get captured...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqVt1RScBGM
object%3E

If people haven't seen them check out Gotham Cable News
http://www.gothamcablenews.com/gotham_tonight.aspx

It's a viral site that has proper video featuring the actors of TDK.
It slowly builds up back stories that are used in the film.
The 1st episode showing is actually the last one which merges with the start of the film. You may want to go back and watch them in order. They are pretty cool.

Loved this movie! I thought I'd spend the whole movie, thinking about Heath being dead. But, I forgot it was him after 20 minutes. He did awesome. Survives multiple attacks by Batman, only to be murdered by an Olsen twin irl.

My fav part was the vanishing pencil trick... right into that guy's skull. Leet moves!:eek:

Back