The Legend of Mack

weck9406

Hi I am Weck. You don't know me, but you may know of me if you knew Mack and heard him speak of me. I am the friend that always pulled him away from his game to go places. I know of many of you from him talking about you and your adventures and misadventures online. I am here to be the bearer of bad news.

When a great tragedy has occured, there is never an easy way to pass the news, so I will simply pass it. It is with GREAT sorrow that I tell you, Our Friend, and my confidant.... has died.

He went in his sleep the afternoon of June 29, 2008.

There is so much more to say about Mack that I cannot begin to think where to start and in my sorrow cannot find the heart to begin. I am sure that when I come to terms with the loss of my friend I will write volumes on him, but I cannot do it right now.

Please, send out word to all who knew Mack who may have left the forums or do not visit here often. We and the world have lost a Great Man.

If you'd like to sign the Guestbook at his local paper, here is the link:

July 1st - Full Obituary
http://www.legacy.com/ErieTimesNews/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=112575263http://www.legacy.com/ErieTimesNews/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=112526573

June 30 - Short Obituary (Comments made here were not moved to the Full Obituary guestbook.)
http://www.legacy.com/ErieTimesNews/DeathN...sonId=112526573

Last edited:
XxMackxX was a valued member of Wanderhomes RP community, from his Ent to his Mando (tk-246). I speak for Mando when I say our hearts go out to his family and friends. He will be missed. Was an honor to play by his side.

Hi Weck, I do know you from the many times that Mack mentioned you in the game long ago.

First of all, sincerely I am sorry. If I could I would offer you a cold beer and a good place to sit and talk about how incredible Sean/Mack was and the memories you have of him.

Thank you very much. As a person who was and is touched by Sean's life but unable to be there in PA with you, the virtual guest book is greatly appriciated as a way to say that Sean will be missed. This is a hard time I am sure for you and yet you still took a few minutes to let us, know where to find out what is going on and give us an oppritunity to share in our own way.

There are only two or three people on this board who will know me personally so please forgive me, but when I found out late yesterday what had happened, I have had a difficult time at best concentrating on anything other than my own grief. I have lost a very dear loved one and though I could say I know what you feel, I am just as positive that I dont. So please know that if there is anything at all that I can do, I will be there in how ever I can.

Jason

Mack/Sean was a dear friend and I will remember him always.. It makes me sad that he has past on, I chose not to morn his death but remember him for the warm and careing man he was...

I have spend alot of time with him in the cantina as one of my entertainers.. I cherise those times always!

I will see you on the other side when my time comes, my friend!

As I said on the other thread, I'm in total and complete shock. He was one of the kindest hearts I've known in SWG. I'll miss him, and his "We need to talk Tiv"'s.

Thank you all for the kind comments. I will share your kind words with Mack/Sean's family. I have calmed a bit so I can tell you more about what has happened.

Mack/Sean and Hilary (for those that don't know, his wife) got up around 9:30 Sunday morning. He had the day off, so he decided to sleep in. He got a call from a friend around 1:30 pm. When Hilary took the phone upstairs to him, she found him and he was gone.

The coroner believes it was some kind of coronary episode that caused his death.

Jen (my wife) and I spent this afternoon with Hilary and Sean's Parents and Sisters at the funeral home making arrangements. He is going to be laid out on Wednesday; 2-5pm and 7-9pm. The Funeral will be at 10:00am on Thursday and he will be buried at Laural Hill Cemetary in Erie, Pennsylvania.

If anyone would like to do anything for Hilary and Sean's family, I offer a suggestion. Sean did not have any insurance and the cost of the funeral arrangements is $10,000. If anyone would like to help the family defer some of the costs, let me know and we will what arrangements can be made. You can e-mail me at weck9406@verizon.net or PM through this forum and we can find a way to talk on a more private media.

thanks for keeping us updated Weck, it means alot. Its hard to cope with a loss that you cant see in physical form. I've been forwarding all of your posts to the official forums, I assume you dont play so dont have access.

I think its important to note as you scroll through the guest book the locations of people commenting. Not everyone has the chance to touch so many peoples lifes all over the world. Sean was truely a great person with the ability to reach people on personal levels and make an impression. Its really a remarkable thing

Thanks Dose Ordo for forwarding the posts. The friends Sean made in game really did mean a lot to him. He would always tell me of the latest adventures or hilarity that had gone on in game and he mentioned a number of people, however, I have never been good with names and can't remember everyone he would talk about. I do know that he touched so many lives. I will share these forums with his family so that they know it too.

Sean and I also were heavily involved in a Jedi Academy clan called EW, which is still in existance. His dedication to his friends, both on and offline has always been there. I have know Sean for well on 18 years and he has always been there for me; right from the start.

I will pass along all the condolences to Hilary. I know it will mean the world to her knowing that there are so many people that will miss him too.

Thanks you all.

Definitely a sad week for anyone that knew Mack. He was one of the most chill people in the game and always made loitering in the cantina for hours on end - making snarky comments in team chat (pun intended) or just chatting about recent news, entertainment, or politics - more entertaining and pleasant for everyone. His presence in the cantina team was always welcome.

RIP Mack. Take it easy, bro.

Last edited:
You should be able to view the official forums, just not able to post without an account. This website typicaly has a select more vetran crowd so you'll see me replies on the official forums

Threads of intreast
Mack?

and

Memorial for xxMackxx (Please Read)

If you have any issues reading them, or wish to fwd anything PM me here and Ill do what I can.

Keep in mind theres been 1 or 2 rude remarks from immature children on the official forums but I've done my best to keep on the moderators and I imagine the main offender has been banned for the time being.

This is very sad news, please pass along both mine and Wulf's sincere condolences to the family. Losing a loved one is hard enough as it is but losing someone at such a young age is devastating.

/sad

mack loved life..and he was larger than life and i will miss him dearly .he was a very kind soul ..im at a lost for words as i am still in shock ..he was my very good friend in and out of game ..godspeed sean ..(blackehause)

Hello to everyone. My name is Hilary and I'm Sean's wife. Jim was nice enough to let me use his account so I could talk to you all.

Sean loved the game and he loved the people in the game. I have never talked to any of you but I feel like I know you because Sean talked of you often. He was always sharing funny stories and telling me who was who. One of his greatest joys was coming home and playing on the computer.

I was talking with a couple of his sisters last night and I said that the first thing he would've said when getting to heaven was "so what kind of internet connection do you get up here and I bet my ping would pwn" They laughed because it is such a Sean thing to say, and those of you who knew him know that to be true. My husband was nothing if not a computer geek with a warped sense of humor. This whole trying time has been like that. There was sorrow, but also laughter. Sean loved a joke as much as the next person.

I don't think Sean was quite willing to give up on gaming yet. From Sunday to Thursday I would come into the office at various times and find his computer on. I always made sure it was off, but the next time I came in it would be on. It was kind of freaky and I even said at one point, "ok we get it. Enough is enough." And ya know, I always did have to yell at him to get off the computer, lol.

I want to thank everyone who has said nice things here about Sean, or signed the guestbook that Jim provided a link to. I was showing his sisters how to access it and they were touched by all his online friends who left messages. I was also telling them about the posts in the forums and also the ceremonies people are planning to have for him, and they were amazed. I also told them that Jim is planning to make some sort of print out so they, and Sean's parents, can see. They were happy about that.

On behalf of myself and Sean's family, we would like to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughtful rememberances. You are Sean's computer family and I know you are grieving as much as we are. We still have our memories and our love. Death can't take those.

Hilary:hug:​

Last edited:
I'm extremely sad by Mack's passing. A lot of people in the computer world are just here to goof off and have fun, and if people are hurt by a few comments or jokes, it's not thought twice about. But, not Mack. He never let anyone have hurt feelings and always took time out to listen, and help when possible.

Although he loved roleplay and guild wars he always was an honorable guy and totally devoted to his friends. Even when he'd get ganked over and over in the cantina during our guild war (Mando vs. Hate), he never backed down or got discouraged. He'd log on and tell Lucas "reporting for duty, sir!" Even our enemies loved him. When Mack would log on, they knew he would be looking for them, not hiding in a cantina waiting for more people to log on.

He was a great cartoon friend and I'm sure in real life he was just as wonderful. It's very rare that someone in a game can become an important person beyond their pixels to me. Thanks, Hilary, for coming on to talk about Sean. It's not just empty words. I really will miss him.

Back