Sony to not make production numbers?

I don't think companies should ever give numbers out as far as how many X units they'll ship by X date.

Production problems happen....just about every console released in the last 5-10 yrs has had some sort of initial production issue where the company cannot meet the numbers it had put out before hand.

All companies over exagarate the unit predictions anyway. The Wii will easily make its numbers because it is built out of existing technology, therefore no shortages of electronic equipment.

Personally we only have to look at the 360, which had less than 300,000 at launch and some where still waiting in March.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]127047[/snapback][/center]
All companies over exagarate the unit predictions anyway. The Wii will easily make its numbers because it is built out of existing technology, therefore no shortages of electronic equipment.

Personally we only have to look at the 360, which had less than 300,000 at launch and some where still waiting in March.
[/b]

So, there is serious concern that Sony will not make the 2 mil mark at release, and not make the 6 mil mark by March?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 20 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]127050[/snapback][/center]
So, there is serious concern that Sony will not make the 2 mil mark at release, and not make the 6 mil mark by March?
[/b]

Obviously, as it wouldn't be news would it. As Settbacca said this is nothing in comparison to past releases, which also incased new technolgies, i.e Blue ray.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Oct 20 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]127051[/snapback][/center]
That also doesn't take into account hardware issues at launch.....
[/b]

Indeed, but QA teams will testing models continously until then to weed out any last minute hiccups.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]127052[/snapback][/center]
Obviously, as it wouldn't be news would it. As Settbacca said this is nothing in comparison to past releases, which also incased new technolgies, i.e Blue ray.
Indeed, but QA teams will testing models continously until then to weed out any last minute hiccups.
[/b]

It wasn't a question of why it is happening, it was a question on if it was true or not. Because they already cut back production down to the 2 mil levels, and I would have been surprised to see them cut it again. That's all.

I wasn't looking for excuses or explanations.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 20 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]127057[/snapback][/center]
It wasn't a question of why it is happening, it was a question on if it was true or not. Because they already cut back production down to the 2 mil levels, and I would have been surprised to see them cut it again. That's all.

I wasn't looking for excuses or explanations.
[/b]

Wouldn't be able to tell you if I knew anyway , :lol: .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]127058[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
Tell him and then kill him *giggle*

Sorry Fluff-stuff, it was one of those opportunnities where ya gotta say it. *giggle* :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]127058[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

/sigh

Fair enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 20 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]127060[/snapback][/center]
Tell him and then kill him *giggle*

Sorry Fluff-stuff, it was one of those opportunnities where ya gotta say it. *giggle* :lol:
[/b]

Hey!

My own, fellow Commando, turning me in like this. I am ashamed....... :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 20 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]127062[/snapback][/center]
Hey!

My own, fellow Commando, turning me in like this. I am ashamed....... :lol:
[/b]
:lol:
Kinda.

;)

LOL call me crazy but I always see companies not meeting expected numbers as the old bait and switch routine to drive up consumer demand. I know everyone will say its just a conspiracy theory, but the truth of the matter is it does drive the demand for the console through the roof.

Just look at the 360 launch....heck the PS2 launch resulted in the same thing 6yrs ago or whenever it was it launched. I was in NYC at the time and I even remember retailers jacking up the prices due to demand....retailers like FYE stores...not just some privately owned electronics shop (which at the time were selling it for double and triple the price)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Oct 20 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]127065[/snapback][/center]
LOL call me crazy but I always see companies not meeting expected numbers as the old bait and switch routine to drive up consumer demand. I know everyone will say its just a conspiracy theory, but the truth of the matter is it does drive the demand for the console through the roof.

Just look at the 360 launch....heck the PS2 launch resulted in the same thing 6yrs ago or whenever it was it launched. I was in NYC at the time and I even remember retailers jacking up the prices due to demand....retailers like FYE stores...not just some privately owned electronics shop (which at the time were selling it for double and triple the price)
[/b]
:eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Oct 20 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]127159[/snapback][/center]
Why don't they just clone the consoles with a cloning machine?!?
[/b]
<_<

Back