FTW, Wii thinks the PS3 will Win.

Aside from image/sound quality and storage capacity, what is revolutionary about BR? The fact that you can now stuff MGS4 onto one BR instead of mulitple DVDs don't qualify as revolutionary. I'm not bashing here i'm actually curious as to what the major devs think will be revolutionary about a new media source.....and does the BR disc itself provide the image/sound quality, or is the player itself rendering whats on the disc?

I do understand what the PS3 engine can and will do for gaming, but aside from the things I mentioned above, where does BR fit in?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]127019[/snapback][/center]
Next Generation of gaming is in reference to increased content brought to us, and you by the Blue Ray Disc. EA and other publishers have praised the density of the Blue ray disc, as now they can provide even more revolutionary content for their customers. It's not all about graphics, it's about advancements in AI, and Physics technologies provided by the power of the cell processor. The Playstation 3 will revolutionise gaming for the next few years, especially with an online service supported by Xfire and others.

Weep what you will, but your argument that the Playstation 3 is all about the graphics is flawed.

Oh, and if your going to try to deconstruct my post by pointing out grammar and spelling errors, I don't give a flying shit. After coming home from a day of report writing I don't need some dumb whitted person telling me how the Playstation 3 is all about graphics, when I helped brand it. [/b]

Cry more?

I was just being a smart ass, but if you want to start spewing piss and vinegar then knock yourself out. In all honesty I could give two shits about the playstation, hence why I'm not buying one. If you don't like the fact that a consumer doesn't buy into the "revolutionary" blue ray and "home entertainment" system then tough shit, you're going to be hearing a lot more of it from other people. "Revolutionary", "Next Generation", "Wave of the future!" are all great marketing verbage but it doesn't make it true.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 20 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]127027[/snapback][/center]
Cry more?

I was just being a smart ass, but if you want to start spewing piss and vinegar then knock yourself out. In all honesty I could give two shits about the playstation, hence why I'm not buying one. If you don't like the fact that a consumer doesn't buy into the "revolutionary" blue ray and "home entertainment" system then tough shit, you're going to be hearing a lot more of it from other people. "Revolutionary", "Next Generation", "Wave of the future!" are all great marketing verbage but it doesn't make it true.
[/b]

Before you critcise something that you have never played on, hold a thought for a second. Its not even out yet, and your trying to knock back like you know some epic shit about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]127036[/snapback][/center]
Before you critcise something that you have never played on, hold a thought for a second. Its not even out yet, and your trying to knock back like you know some epic shit about it. [/b]

I don't care what it does, to me it's a waste of money for features I don't need.

PS3 - $600
Knowing what I find a waste of money and saving $600 - epic shit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 18 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]126527[/snapback][/center]
ROMs don't play on my beautiful TV sweetie.
[/b]
They do ;)

Connect yer computer to yer TV and ready. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 20 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]127040[/snapback][/center]
I don't care what it does, to me it's a waste of money for features I don't need.

PS3 - $600
Knowing what I find a waste of money and saving $600 - epic shit
[/b]

How the hell do you know?

You make laugh, Do you know more than me?

Blue Ray DVD Player $2000
Playstation 3 with Blue Ray $600

HDVD 15 gig max
Blue Ray 60 gig max

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]127044[/snapback][/center]

HDVD 15 gig max
Blue Ray 60 gig max

[/b]

That's not exactly true...double sided HD-DVDs have 30 GB, while a double sided Blue Ray is 50 GB. Or does you have some internal specs from Sony that we haven't seen.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/blu-ray...ion-s-division/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]127044[/snapback][/center]

HDVD 15 gig max
Blue Ray 60 gig max [/b]

Seriously, I hope you're not the best Sony has to offer. You're asking me how do I know if it's a waste of money for myself? WTF do I need with a blue ray...I have no need for it, zip, nadda, nothing, zilch. I don't play console games anymore so theres another feature I don't give a fuck about. So please explain to me...the consumer....why I should fork out $600 for features I don't want, need, or will not use?

Also, no one answered my question from the top of the page about what excactly devs think is so revolutionary about a larger storage media :/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 20 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]127054[/snapback][/center]
Seriously, I hope you're not the best Sony has to offer. You're asking me how do I know if it's a waste of money for myself? WTF do I need with a blue ray...I have no need for it, zip, nadda, nothing, zilch. I don't play console games anymore so theres another feature I don't give a fuck about. So please explain to me...the consumer....why I should fork out $600 for features I don't want, need, or will not use?
[/b]

So, Why the fuck are you commenting on it then? :lol: :lol:

Dumbass.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Oct 20 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]127055[/snapback][/center]
Also, no one answered my question from the top of the page about what excactly devs think is so revolutionary about a larger storage media :/
[/b]

Send me a PM. I've had enough of this ignorance.

If BR prevelance doesn't come about for another 5-6 yrs, is the $600 now, still worth it? Especially since you have to figure that in 5-6yrs a BR player will be significantly less than $2k.

Theres just no way BR will up and replace DVD as standard movie media when the PS3 is release....which is next month. Sony is banking on the future here, predicting that BR will be the media standard in a while.

I know we've all read the references to the "next betamax" etc etc, but if BR does not catch on like Sony clearly expects, is the stand alone $600 game console still worth it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Oct 20 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]127056[/snapback][/center]
So, Why the fuck are you commenting on it then? :lol: :lol:

Dumbass.

Send me a PM. I've had enough of this ignorance. [/b]

Well it's obvious you're not the brains behind the organization...you keep boasting about how it's the greatest thing ever conceived and I stated, and some others as well, that we think it's a waste of money, but you're crying like a two year old because people don't give a shit about your shiny new toy.

If you don't want people commenting, then keep you thoughts to yourself, it's an easy concept...of which you have yet to grasp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 20 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]127061[/snapback][/center]
Well it's obvious you're not the brains behind the organization...you keep boasting about how it's the greatest thing ever conceived and I stated, and some others as well, that we think it's a waste of money, but you're crying like a two year old because people don't give a shit about your shiny new toy.

If you don't want people commenting, then keep you thoughts to yourself, it's an easy concept...of which you have yet to grasp.
[/b]
No worries, he is like that even to those that want to buy that over expensive console. :p

Like me :unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Oct 21 2006, 01:16 AM) [snapback]127297[/snapback][/center]
ROFL u guys are funny.
[/b]
Why so?

Which are you going to buy Mr. Hakan?

HDVD 15 gig max
Blue Ray 60 gig max
[/b]
Bullshit. Without shopping around, I found a Blu-ray player for $799. The most expensive (the Sony model) was $999. If I'm a cutting-edge early adopter I'm not going to soil my home theater with the likes of a game console. I'm going to pay the $799 for a real player. I think you (and Sony along with you) are overestimating the demand for Blu-ray.

Oh, BTW, the same store had a name-brand HD-DVD player for $375. If I really want to go next-gen DVD for cheap, that absolutely destroys the PS3 on price point.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cahnuuk @ Oct 24 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]128054[/snapback][/center]
Bullshit. Without shopping around, I found a Blu-ray player for $799. The most expensive (the Sony model) was $999. If I'm a cutting-edge early adopter I'm not going to soil my home theater with the likes of a game console. I'm going to pay the $799 for a real player. I think you (and Sony along with you) are overestimating the demand for Blu-ray.

Oh, BTW, the same store had a name-brand HD-DVD player for $375. If I really want to go next-gen DVD for cheap, that absolutely destroys the PS3 on price point.
[/b]
Not eactly lil Cahnuuk. The PS3 is not ONLY a Blue-Ray Player, but also a top of the line gaming console. Let's say the Gaming console is around $300, maybe $350. Then they are selling you the BR for about $300 or $250. That means they are selling you REALLY CHEAP.

Now with that piece of info... Now the questions is, what do you prefer? A BR Player for $799 or a BR with one of the ultimate Gaming Console attached for $599?

In my personal opinion, I think the BRs will be a hit when the ability to burn them comes to the public. If technology takes it's course, we'll have Almost a Tb in HD technology by the time BR are available as mainstream for burning, which means that you can store at least a tenth of your HD in it. ^_^ (Did I got the math right?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 24 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]128068[/snapback][/center]
Not eactly lil Cahnuuk. The PS3 is not ONLY a Blue-Ray Player, but also a top of the line gaming console. Let's say the Gaming console is around $300, maybe $350. Then they are selling you the BR for about $300 or $250. That means they are selling you REALLY CHEAP.

Now with that piece of info... Now the questions is, what do you prefer? A BR Player for $799 or a BR with one of the ultimate Gaming Console attached for $599?

In my personal opinion, I think the BRs will be a hit when the ability to burn them comes to the public. If technology takes it's course, we'll have Almost a Tb in HD technology by the time BR are available as mainstream for burning, which means that you can store at least a tenth of your HD in it. ^_^ (Did I got the math right?)
[/b]
I'm saying that the only people even considering Blu-ray right now are early adopters. Home theatre nuts that won't want to ruin their top-of-the-line theatre system with a cheap player masquerading as a game console (or is it the other way around? I don't think Sony has figured that out yet). Let's not kid ourselves here, the quality expectations on the PS3 as a Blu-ray player are low. The PS2's history really hurts it there.

Blu-ray is going to be in trouble when twenty manufacturers are offering HD-DVD players at half (or less) of the cost. Betamax.

Yeah exactly. I mean did anyone ever think the PS2's DVD player capabilites were decent? Seriously. :huh: At this price point, there's no possible way the Blu-Ray movie capabilities in this thing are gonna be up to snuff with dedicated players.

Back