Nintendo Wii - coming Nov. 19

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Settbacca @ Sep 15 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]117167[/snapback][/center]
Theres something to be said for comfortable gaming on a lounge chair, playing games on a 42 inch rear projection......as opposed to sitting at an, albeit comfortable, computer chair a foot away from a 20in. monitor....

If someone said to me I can only keep one system, it'd definitely be my pc and the others would go out the window, but I just can't overlook casual/comfortable gaming on consoles.

Back in the day, my apple IIc took a back seat to my nintendo/genesis in the early days :)

BTW, Konami and Capcom ruled the days of the NES.
[/b]

Erm My PC is now hooked up to a 60' Toshiba LCD and I sit on the sofa lounged back with a homemade portable desktop for my mouse and keyboard :D. Then my wife comes in and says she wants to watch Will and Grace then Im back on the desk with a monitor :(

Ok:

Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise.

Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. caca. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking.

And there you have it :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Sep 16 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]117433[/snapback][/center]
Ok:

Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise. Huge explanation why Wii is superior to PS3 and 360 pricewise and gamewise.

Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking. caca. Even bigger explanation as to why the PC is better than consoles technologically speaking.

And there you have it :)
[/b]

You have activated my trap card... a costly mistake!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Sep 16 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]117445[/snapback][/center]
You have activated my trap card... a costly mistake!!!
[/b]
You's a HO!

I guess we can all talk shit all we want, but nobody can really tell until it all folds out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Sep 16 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]117446[/snapback][/center]
You's a HO!
[/b]

No you are!

P.S. 360 and PS3 are a waste of time for a true gamer with a kick ass PC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Sep 16 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]117482[/snapback][/center]
No you are!

[/b]
waste of time? no i dont think that. im sure the wii will be fun and im sure xbox would be too but ive done all my research, hardware game titles and whatnot and the ps3 is most appealing to my gameplay. FF devil may cry 4 mgs 4 god of war i mean all titles i love. yes its alot of money but that doesnt make me want it any less your getting a very nice system for the money, i bought a ps2 when it released and i still play it today, just beat dirge of cerberus on it =D. bought a gamecube awhile back and it was the worse 200 dollars i ever spent sadly. i hated the mario, i hate metroid prime and i didnt like windwaker so sadly i resold it. ps3 is where its at for me, you guys can have fun with your mario and zelda titles for the "kid in you" >=)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Huntress @ Sep 16 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]117482[/snapback][/center]
No you are!

[/b]
PS3 and 360 are so last week.

In other news PC ftw, can't wait for Spore. Wii ftw as well Super Smash Bros. rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :lightsaber:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Sep 16 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]117484[/snapback][/center]
PS3 and 360 are so last week.

In other news PC ftw, can't wait for Spore. Wii ftw as well Super Smash Bros. rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :lightsaber:
[/b]

PC's aren't all that great to be honest. As a Developer you have to design a game that can be supported by a wide range of system specs, and this therefore cuts down on content and perfection. Consoles will always have the edge on gameplay over PC's because they are one unit taylored to gaming, a Publisher can design a game totally taylored to one system therefore getting the maxium that the paticular console can do.

What am trying to say is that games are created for one system, which allows Developers to take advantage of all the features it has to offer.

Again the Wii might be good for 5 minutes, but if look further into the future its just going to flop like the Gamecube.

oh well it looks like im not going to be buying one at release (which for us europeans is like 8th of december apparently) and im not going to buy one at this shafted price either. i was under the assumption it was going to be around ?150 which id be happy to pay so i can buy a game etc for under ?200 but no - they have to go and shaft us euros once again......well they can eat my ass

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6740

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 17 2006, 06:59 AM) [snapback]117544[/snapback][/center]
PC's aren't all that great to be honest. As a Developer you have to design a game that can be supported by a wide range of system specs, and this therefore cuts down on content and perfection. Consoles will always have the edge on gameplay over PC's because they are one unit taylored to gaming, a Publisher can design a game totally taylored to one system therefore getting the maxium that the paticular console can do.

What am trying to say is that games are created for one system, which allows Developers to take advantage of all the features it has to offer.

Again the Wii might be good for 5 minutes, but if look further into the future its just going to flop like the Gamecube.
[/b]
The gamecube flopped? I think not I love my gamecube. :D

The games I enjoy the most on my cube are Zelda WW, Super Smash bros melee, super mario sunshine, MGS twin snakes I think it was called, Metroid prime 1 & 2, DBZ boudakai, there was a resident evil game or two I cant remember the names, pokemon colleseum (shut up you pokemon haters!! :p ), oh oh and the gba addon thingy for the GC so I could play all my gba games on the gamecube.

OH yeah and animal crossing (animal crossing owns). So yeah eat that you banana fuck tard muwahaha!

The only games I enjoyed on xbox were ninja gaiden, halo 1 and 2, and morrowind which doesnt count because I got the comp version instead.

And the only games I enjoyed on the ps2 were the GTA ones :p

The Gamecube has just passed 10 million units sold in the US, bringing it to 19.31 million wolrdwide, and 169.51 million Gamecube games have been sold to September.

11-05

In comparison the PS2 has nearly sold 200 million world wide, and combined Playstation, PSOne, PSP, PS2 coming to well over 300 million, who's saying Sony are crap.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 17 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]117588[/snapback][/center]
The Gamecube has just passed 10 million units sold in the US, bringing it to 19.31 million wolrdwide, and 169.51 million Gamecube games have been sold to September.

11-05

In comparison the PS2 has nearly sold 200 million world wide, and combined Playstation, PSOne, PSP, PS2 coming to well over 300 million, who's saying Sony are crap.
[/b]
Me, if the laser in the ps3 blows just as much ass as the laser used in the non-slim ps2's. Might have something to do with that number of sales. Out of warranty replacement units. There's a not-insignificant percentage of that figure involved there, trust me.

heh, if you track all the ps3 vs 360 vs wii comparisons and arguments over the past 6 months, you will notice a trend. The argument went from which system was better and more powerful (which ps3 won). After winning, the people who still hated the ps3 cause of sony shifted over to usability (360 media center, xbox live, wii's new controls). PS3 crowd won again on half the argument after introducing new controllers, other half (games) had no winner. So the anti-ps3 crowd resorted to price, bashing the 600-900 price tag the PS3 was boasting. When PS3 announced the prices to be 399-499, disgruntled anti-PS3ites are now resorting to quality of hardware, drawing upon the flaws of the PS2 to bash the PS3.

And now, to squash this argument: you guys are bitching about hardware of an older system. Well shit, then let me say how amazing the hardware of the original PS was. I hereby declare your bitchings about the PS2 hardware flaws NULL AND VOID. I swear, if the PS3 was priced at $200, nobody would be bitching about it. Everyone bitches about something they can't afford or can't have, no matter how good it is. Now, just admit that the PS3 is all around better than both the wii and the 360, and leave me to spend my $500 without your criticism so i can be playing next-gen games within a year while you people try to convince yourselves how amazing the wii's controller is while coping with mario's polygonal facial structure that has been unimproved since the n64

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skeith @ Sep 16 2006, 05:14 PM) [snapback]117483[/snapback][/center]
waste of time? no i dont think that. im sure the wii will be fun and im sure xbox would be too but ive done all my research, hardware game titles and whatnot and the ps3 is most appealing to my gameplay. FF devil may cry 4 mgs 4 god of war i mean all titles i love. yes its alot of money but that doesnt make me want it any less your getting a very nice system for the money, i bought a ps2 when it released and i still play it today, just beat dirge of cerberus on it =D. bought a gamecube awhile back and it was the worse 200 dollars i ever spent sadly. i hated the mario, i hate metroid prime and i didnt like windwaker so sadly i resold it. ps3 is where its at for me, you guys can have fun with your mario and zelda titles for the "kid in you" >=)
[/b]
QFE

Stav wins the thread

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 17 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]117605[/snapback][/center]
heh, if you track all the ps3 vs 360 vs wii comparisons and arguments over the past 6 months, you will notice a trend. The argument went from which system was better and more powerful (which ps3 won). After winning, the people who still hated the ps3 cause of sony shifted over to usability (360 media center, xbox live, wii's new controls). PS3 crowd won again on half the argument after introducing new controllers, other half (games) had no winner. So the anti-ps3 crowd resorted to price, bashing the 600-900 price tag the PS3 was boasting. When PS3 announced the prices to be 399-499, disgruntled anti-PS3ites are now resorting to quality of hardware, drawing upon the flaws of the PS2 to bash the PS3.

And now, to squash this argument: you guys are bitching about hardware of an older system. Well shit, then let me say how amazing the hardware of the original PS was. I hereby declare your bitchings about the PS2 hardware flaws NULL AND VOID. I swear, if the PS3 was priced at $200, nobody would be bitching about it. Everyone bitches about something they can't afford or can't have, no matter how good it is. Now, just admit that the PS3 is all around better than both the wii and the 360, and leave me to spend my $500 without your criticism so i can be playing next-gen games within a year while you people try to convince yourselves how amazing the wii's controller is while coping with mario's polygonal facial structure that has been unimproved since the n64
[/b]
I dont generally bash playstation but since sony pulled the shit with the NGE I bash every sony POS there is including my 64" big screen TV. Now I couldnt care less about graphics or next gen games as long as I get a game with good gameplay and multiplayer im all for it which is why I love my SNES and my Computer to peices. Fuck man if they released a system like SNES with all these next gen consoles SNES would flat out win because in every way possible gameplay always trumps graphics and/or technology.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 18 2006, 06:47 AM) [snapback]117605[/snapback][/center]
And now, to squash this argument: you guys are bitching about hardware of an older system. Well shit, then let me say how amazing the hardware of the original PS was. I hereby declare your bitchings about the PS2 hardware flaws NULL AND VOID.
[/b]
PS was made well, I will credit them that.

PS2 was had several errors where you could walk in to any game store and say "Some of my games will play and some will not" and they would know exactly what was wrong due to so many being fucked up.

PSP had faulty pixels, and all sorts of other shit wrong with it at launch. I can't remember aside from pixels just not working right out the box, but I heard of other reasons PSPs were getting sent back on massive scales.

Only time will tell if the PS3 will fuck up as bad as the PS2 and PSP. I am not going to say it wont sell, becuase I'm sure it will, I will however say that I wouldn't buy one, and if someone were to ask me I would tell them to go with the Wii.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 17 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]117605[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
Well; for some people it's not about which console is better. Some of us just care about how fun the games are.

And the whole "graphics" thing is kind of overrated for me. I mean sure; graphics can always get better; but I don't see how it really improves the experience. Back in the PS1 and N64 era, 3D graphics looked flat out retarded. It was distracting and unpleasant to look at. But now in the current gen, graphics might not be totally life-like but they are crisp and clean and not distracting from the gameplay experience. Where can graphics go from here? I guess you could have lifelike skeletal animations of people, and realistic looking hair that sways in the wind and all that crap; but how does that make gameplay more fun? As for Mario; I think he looks as close to how he should look (a frumpy cartoo character) as could ever be possible. Making him any more realistic looking would be kind of disturbing in my opinion.

I don't think anybody is claiming PS3 isn't the most powerful. (Well no people with common sense at least.) But I think SONY's dropping the ball on the most important thing, selection of games. I simply don't see as wide a selection of fun games there as Wiiiiii has; so I could never see myself spending twice as much for a system I would end up getting much less play time out of in the long run as a $250 one.

P.S. The "disc read error" problems are well documented. I could tell you first hand since I worked for SONY for a year at one of their facilities that repaired them, and approximately 95% of PS2's ever sent in for repair were disc read errors.

SONY all but admitted their mistake by settling the big class action lawsuit against them out of court :rolleyes: :
link

Ohh yeah..I forgot to mention the probably dozen dvds, ps2 and ps games ruined by my PS2 :mellow:

Back