Patron Saints

SynTaXx-Wrath

If you're happy, I'm. . .
I was shopping at a local religious book store with my friend today and found the cutest necklace. It is a necklace of St. Stephen. I have to be honest the name drew me more to it than anything, so I bought it and have looked into the Saints since I got home. Since I am Baptist I was just wondering, would wearing it to church be seen as sac religious?

I was shopping at a local religious book store with my friend today and found the cutest necklace. It is a necklace of St. Stephen. I have to be honest the name drew me more to it than anything, so I bought it and have looked into the Saints since I got home. Since I am Baptist I was just wondering, would wearing it to church be seen as sac religious?

My answer would be no. While Protestants usually don't believe in Saints, their view of how Catholics view them is a bit skewed. From what I've read in some textbooks (and I'm not Catholic, so I apologize for any mis-representation), the Saints are more like spirit guides they talk to. Something similar to "praying" to a dead family member, they would "pray" to a saint. They still believe in the One True God. Even Mary, while held highly in the spiritual world isn't believed to be a Goddess. Many Non-Catholics have a problem with Catholicism because of the idea of praying to someone other than God.

If you are ever in doubt, feel free to ask the Pastor of the Church you are going to on how to be respectful to their Church. You can also pray on it.

My Pastor and church are very loving and accepting. While they don't condone my tattoos they would never look down on them. I also wouldn't openly have a vulgar or rude tattoo, shirt or etc. I will talk to Pastor after church about it, but I wouldn't want to wear it there thinking it may insult him. (or anyone else)

My Pastor and church are very loving and accepting. While they don't condone my tattoos they would never look down on them. I also wouldn't openly have a vulgar or rude tattoo, shirt or etc. I will talk to Pastor after church about it, but I wouldn't want to wear it there thinking it may insult him. (or anyone else)
Is usually taken as a sign of some sort when something caught yer eye like that. The reason may not be obvious at first. The question is always, 'why?'

hehe she said Drew her to it...

I am a drew YAY ME

and I was named after saint Andrew....
YAY YAY YAY

DrewPA I give lap dances but it will cost yea up front and no credit farmers

wink wink

Wear it with pride. It's blasphemy if anyone tells you any different. :p

He was the first christian martyr to be stoned.

His name is greek for the Aramaic name Kelil which mean crown, also very close to another modern fictional name, Kal'el. ;p

Et lapidabant Stephanum invocantem et dicentem Domine Iesu suscipe spiritum meum

Last edited:
God's words are to love all, and accept all as they are.
Just an observation: Generally people preaching God's words (priests, pastors, believers etc) are the most judge mental (from my experience), when I think it should be the other way around.
I don't know how your priest is, but from what you say and write here, it doesn't seem to be a problem :)
And if you like it, do as Enia says, wear it with pride :)
Respect other people, try to not offend others, but don't forget who you are, what you like and care for, and where-in your own pride lays.

Back