Nintendo Wii - coming Nov. 19

Fluffy

Vote Stewart/Colbert in '08!
Good news and bad news with the launch date:

Bad news -
Wii will cost $250 (not $200 like some were hoping)

Good news - Wii will come packed with the sports bundle game Wii Sports

So, yeah, you will pay $250, but you will get a sweet sports gaming bundle as well as the console, hard to top that. Also of Wii news:

Prices of old school download games
Conference reports about items added like weather channel, display digitial photos, opera browser, Wii-Channels, and other goodies.
Release date games in the US including Zelda, Madden & Tony Hawk.

My decision is no longer what console to preorder, but what credit card to preorder my Wii with.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cahnuuk @ Sep 15 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]116641[/snapback][/center]
My decision is no longer what console to preorder, but what credit card to preorder my Wii with.
[/b]
/cheer nice choice IMO.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Sep 14 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]116629[/snapback][/center]
pee-es-threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :p
[/b]

Six Hundred Dollarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Nintendo Wii FTW!

Personally I suggest spending the extra $50 and getting the Xbox 360, you'll get alot more fun out of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 14 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]116662[/snapback][/center]
Personally I suggest spending the extra $50 and getting the Xbox 360, you'll get alot more fun out of it.
[/b]
The Core bundle? Who buys that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 14 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]116662[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Actually, the XBOX360 is total shit, but you work at Sony with the PS3, so I can't really blame you for liking shitty things.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 15 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]116662[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
That has "I work at sony, I fear Nintendo taking our spot in the market place, don't buy Nintendo" written all over it :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Akieo @ Sep 14 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]116664[/snapback][/center]
Actually, the XBOX360 is total shit, but you work at Sony with the PS3, so I can't really blame you for liking shitty things. [/b]
He works at EA, not Sony

[/b]
I haven't seen anything on Xbox 360 to match up with Smash Bros, Super Mario Universe, Zelda, and all the other tons of fun games that will never be anywhere else besides Wiiiiii.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 15 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]116669[/snapback][/center]
I haven't seen anything on Xbox 360 to match up with Smash Bros, Super Mario Universe, Zelda, and all the other tons of fun games that will never be anywhere else besides Wiiiiii.
[/b]
The only games calling me to buy a 360 are NHL 07 and Dead Rising. And I can't imagine shelling out 400 dollars for a console that I will enjoy playing two games on. The Wii has about 4 or 5 I would like that are getting released at LAUNCH alone, but the 360 has been here for what...almost a year. So to say the 360 is more "fun" is a streach.

Plus, all of the Wii games seem to be focused on playing with groups of people or atleast more than one person. What is more fun then playing a fun game but at the same time looking like a jackass with your friends. (Donkey Konga, Guitar Hero anyone?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 14 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]116715[/snapback][/center]
May I remind ya....

Best Sellers...

Halo Series (Xbox)

Final Fantasy (PS)
Metal Gear (PS)
[/b]

Yeah...I never liked the Halo series. But it will be a shame to miss Metal Gear Solid 4, FF13, GTA4, and Resident Evil 5. Besides those I haven't seen anything else appealing at all on PS3, so I don't think it's worth it to spend so much for just 4 games. I'd rather PS3 just fail so we can go back to having those series on a cheaper, more affordable console since I don't care about graphics that much...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Sep 15 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]116720[/snapback][/center]
Yeah...I never liked the Halo series. But it will be a shame to miss Metal Gear Solid 4, FF13, GTA4, and Resident Evil 5. Besides those I haven't seen anything else appealing at all on PS3, so I don't think it's worth it to spend so much for just 4 games. I'd rather PS3 just fail so we can go back to having those series on a cheaper, more affordable console since I don't care about graphics that much...
[/b]
Never played any of the GTA series, didn't like halo and don't play console FPS's due to the controlls (wii might change that). I stopped liking the FF series at 10, Metal gear solid I can live without, and the same can be said about Resident Evil.

Like Hippo said, it would be nice if Sony got kicked off the top seat in gaming. Nintendo is one of the companies I would actually trust to have a monopoly, due to the fact that they seem to actually give a shit about the people who use their product or used to use their product in the past.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Sep 14 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]116715[/snapback][/center]
May I remind ya....

Best Sellers...

Halo Series (Xbox)

Final Fantasy (PS)
Metal Gear (PS)
[/b]

Well.......the co-producer of FFXII is actually working for Nintendo now, not to mention with an FF game due out in the release date of the Wii, seeing an FF game or other Square products on the Wii might not be the most ridiculous idea ever hatched. Also, haven't you seen Capcom's growing relationship with Nintendo. Snake is in Super Melee and RE4 was a gigantic hit on the GC.

Halo, okay, I concede. Can't really top that. Honestly, even though I am getting a Wii, I can perfectly see the rational for buying the Xbox360. It is on the cusp of prices, but supplies the hardware and XBox live to justify the $100 higher price tag.

But 3 can play at this game:

Best sellers...

Zelda (N)
Metroid (N)
Mario (N)

nuff said in that regard.

Back