Dan Marino > John Elway

super-bowl-XXXIII-ring-and-ticket.jpg

super-bowl-XXXII-ring-and-ticket.jpg

yeah this doesn't even need to be talked about we all know Elway is better than Marino and as we see Elway can take his team to the superbowl unlike Marino

Fail post is fail.

As much as it pains me to say it, especially since he ass raped the Browns on a regular basis, Elway > Marino.

yeah this doesn't even need to be talked about we all know Elway is better than Marino and as we see Elway can take his team to the superbowl unlike Marino

Ummmmmmm.....Marino did take his team to the Superbowl - Superbowl XIX. He lost to Montana and the very dominant 49ers.

But yeah, Elway is still better, he is the all time leader (still) in 4th quarter/OT comebacks, he is 2nd all time in games won as starting QB, was league MVP and Superbowl MVP (in different years), been to more superbowls then any other starting QB and he has not one, but two rings to show for it.

Raw statistics for yards, completions and TD/Int all point to Marino, but what a QB is paid to do is win, and few have been better than Elway.

He might of went to the superbowl but he chocked, Elway lost one superbowl but he also came in clutch by winning two.

He might of went to the superbowl but he chocked, Elway lost one superbowl but he also came in clutch by winning two.

Well.......actually he lost 3.

Super Bowl XXI: 39–20 loss to the Giants
Super Bowl XXII: 42–10 loss to the Redskins
Super Bowl XXIV: 55-10 loss to the 49ers

So he's 2-3 in Superbowls, but that is still better than 0-1.

Well.......actually he lost 3.

Super Bowl XXI: 39–20 loss to the Giants
Super Bowl XXII: 42–10 loss to the Redskins
Super Bowl XXIV: 55-10 loss to the 49ers

So he's 2-3 in Superbowls, but that is still better than 0-1.

And the NFC was twice as good as the AFC during that time, so I wouldn't blame Elway for not winning.

And the NFC was twice as good as the AFC during that time, so I wouldn't blame Elway for not winning.

Agree with both parts, the NFC was far superior then (the first AFC team to win a superbowl after that long drought was actually Elway's Broncos), and it really wasn't Elway's "fault" they lost to better teams each time, I was just stating his record not blaming him.

Fuck you're killing me with these fucking statistics man.

Ugh, sorry. Don't mean to be picking on you.

Back