Favorite SWG Template and why?

Rehhtahn

What was your favorite Template and why?

My favorite is my first template I ever went. TKM, M.Smuggler, M. Pistoleer.

Why? It was the first one I came up with, which was nice, and I loved TKM(i can't remember for sure but I was in the top 10 for first people to master TKA) I also loved smuggler and as such adding pistols was a natural choice. I loved this template because I would usually start off with a knockdown/warcry from a distance, then move in for a dizzy attack followed by unarmed hit 3 :D. I also had some killer knucklers that were something like 450 max dmg or something like that. They weren't the best out there, but I got pretty good at using them. Looted the parts for those myself which made them even more special.

This was also back when the game first launched, before people thought up melee stacker templates and long before the Combat Nerfgrade... i mean upgrade. :D

What about the rest of you?

precu
---------
master fencer
0/0/4/0 pistoler
4/0/3/0 doc
(provided master fencer for good offense if u had a nice baton,awesome defense:that pistoler line for the
awesome defenses: doctor for state heals and dot heals:with this template u also had caped dodge)

Cu
----
master pikeman
0/4/0/4 swordsmen
0/1/0/0 teras kasi
4/0/0/0 doctor
0/0/0/4 combat prowess(force sensitive speed line:+12 melee speed)

came with master pikeman,awesome damage with a good pike and warcry(-40 speed for 20 sec which was also spamable and an area attack) intimate(30% damage reduction) and area knockdown which is perfect for tanking) : the 2 lines in swordsmen for speed,accuracy,improved headhit(good damage) adv. armorbreak(makes u hit like 40% harder for 40ish seconds if i can recall) and imrpoved critcal(strongest hiting attack ingame): line in doctor for awesome heals: the melee speed line in combat prowess for +12 speed: the 1 box in teras kasi for improved center of being(+500 defense for 45 seconds).

^^ awesome template if u had good armor and attachemnts.

Pre-Cu

Master Pistols
Master TK
Fencer 3400
Smuggler 0040
(who needed medic when you always died by mind? lol)

CU

Master Rifles
Master Pistols
CM 4004

My original PvP template Pre Jedi Craze was Master Tk/Master Rifles. 4004 marksman (for ranged support IV) and Fencer 0400. Hakan's was the same but was 4000 marksman and 0440 fencer. I chose ranged support because it gave me a ranged Posture Change. This led to a lot of death's on Famine's part, as it always worked on CMs and people chasing me while kiting.

Eventually I went Master Brawler/Master Tk/Master Swordsman and 3400 Fencer. Little did I know that was also Zhorx and Sett'bacca's exact template. This worked very well for a while, but eventually I dropped Master TK down to Novice and stacked other defenses. Besides Zhorx and a few others, no one new that the defense acuity in TK somehow (glitch or otherwise, we never found out) broke the caps on Dodge, Counterattack, Block, and Melee and Ranged Defense. So, once I made my Swords stack template with Defense Acuity boost I wasn't killed by less than 3 Jedi at one time for the rest of the time I was playing. Unless of course I was unbuffed.

Overall though, I feel that my favorite was definitely Tk/Rifles. Not only was it being used in a time where Jedi didn't overpopulate PvP and make it much more bland and stale, it was definitely a template that showed finesse and skill was more favored than stacking. There were very few defenses in a TK/Rifles template as far as stackers were concerned, and I feel the few people that excelled in TK/Rifles in the prime of non jedi PvP were some of the best players on the server. I.E. Spyff, Hakan, Nuka (although I believe he substituted Fencer for TK.), and I'll be arrogant enough to say I did quite well with the template also. :p

Zo gave my template. :) I kept that template from the days when rifleman was said to suck till the very end till I start playing hoody when Ostots finished the grinding. If i wasnt banned and if CU wasnt so close, I would have changed Hoody's template, I had Msaber/Healer 4004/Enhancer 3000/Defender 4004 and novice brawler. I was going to pick up Msaber/Healer 3004/Enhancer 4402/Defender 4000. With the Council leader bonuses I was expecting to solo whole groups with this template, shame I never managed to test it.

I first saw which profession I really wanted when my uncle went for unarmed combat, because he thought it would be "cool" and I saw the damage output.... I was a carabineer with a bad carabine to put it mildly.
I eventually mastered Teras Kasi and added master brawler for longer intimidations and warcries. I later added swordsman mastery for weapons to take out mind.
For me when I will think back at SWG, I will always remember the master brawler/Teras Kasi master combination. Master swordsman was good too, but it can't compare to Teras Kasi in my enjoyment factor. I did a stacking template around swordsman and meditation, but I didn't really enjoy it, though it was effective, so I ended my days as a TKM before I finished the village about exactly a year ago ... After that I played more on an alt (with master swords and TKM) then on my main. :lol:

Pre-CU : Master Smuggler, Master Teras Kasi Artist, Master Pistoleer.

Post-CU BEFORE Concussion shot nerf: Master Smuggler, Master Rifleman, Master Marksman 0030 Carbineer

Post-CU AFTER Concussion shot nerf: Master Smuggler, Master Combat Medic, 0004 Pistoleer.

Pre-CU - TKM. I loved it so much.

CU - At the very end - SQL/DOC. That was an awesome combo. I finally felt like I could help others.

Now: (waits to get smacked) Jedi.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Dec 29 2005, 04:45 AM) [snapback]18338[/snapback][/center]
Pre-CU : Master Smuggler, Master Teras Kasi Artist, Master Pistoleer.

Post-CU BEFORE Concussion shot nerf: Master Smuggler, Master Rifleman, Master Marksman 0030 Carbineer

Post-CU AFTER Concussion shot nerf: Master Smuggler, Master Combat Medic, 0004 Pistoleer.
[/b]
Oh yeah, why....

Pre-CU : This template was just badass. I could shoot shit, I could punch shit, it was good for learning the mechanics of the game, and it just so happened to include my favorite proffession; Smuggler.

Post-CU BEFORE Concussion shot nerf: This template was the shit in Post CU PvP. Before they nerfed concussion shot to were you could'nt chain it. I did'nt need heals that often, but when I did, I just spammed the ruby bliel and stims. KD, Panic, Startle, Panic, Startle deathblow rinse wash repeate.

Post-CU AFTER Concussion shot nerf: My self dubbed "survivalist" template in both PvP and PvE. It had very little damage output, but one on one, against melee I was undefeated. Sure the melee duels lasted about an hour or so, but they still rocked.

I guess my favorite was during the CU. At the beginning of the CU, I was using carbines. Because carbines are my style. Pistols are fine but I always liked carbines better (though I changed near the end of the CU when the pistol BH's were the ones getting all the kills and I was dying too much).

It was MBH / Mcarbs / Pistols 0004 / Combat Prowess 3000.

I liked the irony that I was using my force-sensitivity to help me hunt Jedi, even though I found out it really wasn't helping that much. (+9 ranged accuracy, easily beat by skill tapes)

One thing I wish I had known sooner is that BE bandoliers can have like +15 skill to just about anything, while I was gathering tons of +5's and stuff and putting it on my +14 defense shirt, plain socketed pants, or even socketed gloves. I even bought a freaking ugly spec-ops backpack just for the extra +2ish defense. LOL

Master Musician.

Why? Because those hottie dancers need something to shake their money-makers TO, you fools!

I pwned more than half of the top 100 without ever firing a shot or throwing a punch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noahTHEpurdy @ Dec 29 2005, 05:12 AM) [snapback]18344[/snapback][/center]
Oh yeah, why....

Pre-CU : This template was just badass. I could shoot shit, I could punch shit, it was good for learning the mechanics of the game, and it just so happened to include my favorite proffession; Smuggler.

[/b]
I agree 100%, i loved that combo, TKM, M.Smuggler and M. Pistoleer was just a bad ass combination... especially in the early days of SWG. I loved using low blow, then panic shot(I think, the one that was a ranged warcry) then i'd run in for a dizzy and keep them kd till death. Did that to so many riflemen who wanted to duel but only ever really saw me use TKA, and have a crappy FWG 5 pistol(actually it was an awesome pistol, krayt enhanced, speed sliced unfortunetly, was like 450 max dmg, and a .9 speed :D.

Pre CU cause I don't care beyond that point...

MLS/Master Enhancer/4004 Healer

My reason is because I was good at it, I was in a jedi sense a tank compared to most people and I just knew how to use jedi far better than I did any other prof.

Pre-CU
Master Doc/Master Cm (heh)
M.Carbs/34xx bh/43xx tkm
(Something like that, Its been awhile)
Master Doc/ Fencer was fun too

CU
M.Enh, x4x4 LS, x4xx powers, 4xxx healer, xx4x Defender
And my M.Pikes Hybrid template that I cant remember but got nerfed out of existence.

NGE (LMAO)
MEDIC!
JEDI!
SPY!
SMUGGLER!
COMMANDO! (Just kidding)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LilHammie @ Dec 30 2005, 08:22 AM) [snapback]19234[/snapback][/center]
Pre CU cause I don't care beyond that point...

MLS/Master Enhancer/4004 Healer

My reason is because I was good at it, I was in a jedi sense a tank compared to most people and I just knew how to use jedi far better than I did any other prof.
[/b]
I didn't have time to finish my jedi template pre-cu, but that is what I was going for before the CU hit as well. It was either that template, or I wanted to see if I could factor in master defender.... either way everything was more fun before the CU.

Hmmm cant remember mine went through a lot, but i think what worked for me was TKM/Pistoleer/Ranged Smug Tree.

Back