Star Wars: The Old Republic - Republic or Sith?

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Republic or Sith?

• Total voters
That depends, do I have a blaster? :p

Absolutely, which you whip out after peeing your pants in a feeble attempt to bring it up about 90 degrees into the Wook's face. The Wook tears your arm off, flips the safety off the blaster, and returns both your arm and your blaster to you :p

Absolutely, which you whip out after peeing your pants in a feeble attempt to bring it up about 90 degrees into the Wook's face. The Wook tears your arm off, flips the safety off the blaster, and returns both your arm and your blaster to you :p

Actually, what happened was I shot the wook in the gut and he fell down a cliff, going unconscious and allowing me to escape a melee skirmish, which most certainly would have doomed me. True story. :lol:

Interesting, 65/35. That was probably pretty close to how it was on Wanderhome (I'd guess it was more like 60/40).

Actually, what happened was I shot the wook in the gut and he fell down a cliff, going unconscious and allowing me to escape a melee skirmish, which most certainly would have doomed me. True story. :lol:

Damn! True stories FTW. :p

....and Reek, you know i'm surprised by this so far but it just may be the people we played with on WH. With this game seemingly focused on Jedi/Sith I would think more people would be going Sith. More people like to be "bad guys" when it comes to gaming for the most part....

Im marrying a greek woman !!! its like living with a wookie every day.... Need i say more ? Execpt her back might have more hair !

LOL, WORD. greek woman got lots of hairrrrrrrrrrr, i made that chick shave EVERYTHING.

....and Reek, you know i'm surprised by this so far but it just may be the people we played with on WH. With this game seemingly focused on Jedi/Sith I would think more people would be going Sith. More people like to be "bad guys" when it comes to gaming for the most part....
I don't know. I think in SWG the Rebels pretty consistently outnumbered the Imps on all servers. On Wanderhome I know that whenever the rebels got really organized there was just no way we could beat their numbers. Of course, imps were more skilled man-for-man, so it evened out for the most part ;).

In WoW the numbers seemed to favor the Alliance as well. I'm not sure, but if I remember right I think I saw numbers for both games which estimated an advantage for the "good" side for the most part. Funny thing with those polls I saw, however, was that in Europe it was the bad side with higher numbers.

Guess we'll see in like 2 years when the game comes out, heh. I just hope that the two sides can talk to each other, unlike in WoW. You would think they would be able to, considering they'll be mostly the same species.

I don't know. I think in SWG the Rebels pretty consistently outnumbered the Imps on all servers. On Wanderhome I know that whenever the rebels got really organized there was just no way we could beat their numbers. Of course, imps were more skilled man-for-man, so it evened out for the most part ;)

Oh shit....i'm requesting this now be moved to the flame wars section :p

Lets face it, dark side powers are just more fun/interesting than light side powers in a game setting imo. That was one of the reason's TFU went the dark side route. I'd just think that when the time comes alot more people will shift towards the Sith....but you're right, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I definitely hope you're right about between faction chat. It's really just isn't right to not be able to talk/bad mouth/grief a member of the opposite faction. That was definitely one of the defining factors (for me at least) that set SWG apart from WoW. In fact I thought it was normal at the time with SWG having been the only mmo I played. When I got to WoW it shocked me that you couldnt chat with the other faction.

idk, i guess there's really two sides to the table with this one. i'd say the evil side usually has more players especially the only reason i stayed rebel was cause there was always imps in cnet. for the most part though, it may be that the people who chose to be evil focus more on pvp where as the good side is everyone who just wants to play the game for what it is.

Lets face it, dark side powers are just more fun/interesting than light side powers in a game setting imo.
Oh I agree completely. But you still had more light-side/good side people in SWG and WoW (though I think it was less in WoW). My thinking is that the kiddies mostly like the good side because they don't know better. I dunno. In WoW I'm sure at least part of it is because the horde started off with all ugly characters and alliance had night elves.
That was one of the reason's TFU went the dark side route.
But didn't that change? I didn't play the game (don't have a console).
In fact I thought it was normal at the time with SWG having been the only mmo I played. When I got to WoW it shocked me that you couldnt chat with the other faction.
SWG was my first as well. And I was utterly devastated by not being able to trash talk in WoW! Such talent wasted, sigh.

No, TFU focused totally on a dark side character. Blackman even said they didn't want to be restricted to the moral Jedi code blah blah blah and that it would give the player alot more freedom (not to mention being a lot more fun) to use the force in a destructive manner...and for once he was right.

Usually good side has more members overall however bad guys are more PvP oriented while the good guys are not.

But good thing about SWG, it wasnt a total numbers game till CU.

"Warmaster, we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time. The third edge is the Mandalorian."

Vergere, to Tsavong Lah.

Mandalorian wasn't listed as an option for my vote, so I abstained from voting. :cool:

Mandalorian wasn't listed as an option for my vote
Ugh... the whole concept is a horrible sci-fi retread.

Whether its Mandalorians, Klingons, Jaffa, etc, it seems every popular brand has their own boringly predictable warrior race/culture.

I can't believe you just said "Mandalorians" and "Klingons" in the same sentence.

I brand you a traitor to the Star Wars bloodlines.

....I'd have to disagree about the Mandalorian's being boring. They are stereotyped from what you see in the movies or have read about Boba Fett.

If you want a really get a spin on Mando culture which shows theres a lot going on beneath the surface you should read the Republic Commando trilogy by Karen Traviss. It's give you a whole new perspective on Mandalorian culture/society/traditions. They are certainly not the mindless merc/killers everyone makes them out to be....and they certainly aren't as predictable as you might think.

Wow....my geekness just exploded out of my head.

....I'd have to disagree about the Mandalorian's being boring. They are stereotyped from what you see in the movies or have read about Boba Fett.

If you want a really get a spin on Mando culture which shows theres a lot going on beneath the surface you should read the Republic Commando trilogy by Karen Traviss. It's give you a whole new perspective on Mandalorian culture/society/traditions. They are certainly not the mindless merc/killers everyone makes them out to be....and they certainly aren't as predictable as you might think.

Wow....my geekness just exploded out of my head.
I'm saying we've seen it before in every sci-fi/fantasy brand, just with a different shell. Some surface details might be different, but at their core they're still the same.

I say it's boring because we've seen it before, and numerous times. It's like regifting that old toaster, you put a different wrapping on the box but when you actually open it up it's still the same toaster.

Hehe...well I can see what you're getting at but you can't really get more predictable than Jedi and Sith can you? They are the quintessential warrior/monk/race for all of sci-fi in my mind.

Mandalorians have a better motivation for their actions than the Sith or Jedi do.

Jedi and Sith are all about who's evil, who's good, who's gonna rule the galaxy, yadda yadda yadda.

At least Mandalorians have a very detailed, family-oriented culture. Reading about them at home is like reading a Brady Bunch novel... with a lot of swearing and guns added in.

Mandalorians were major players during the Sith/Jedi wars in Old Republic times. It'd be folly to leave them out.

Back