- Lowca
- Naritus
- Scylla
- Tarquinas
- Tempest
- Valcyn
- Wanderhome
When will these 12 servers be closed?
These servers will be closing on Thursday, October 15, 2009, at 4:40 PM Pacific Time.
Why are you closing these 12 Star Wars Galaxies Servers?
The Free Character Transfer Service launched earlier this year with the intention of allowing players to transfer to servers with more active communities, creating a more vibrant and memorable Star Wars Galaxies gaming experience. The Free Character Transfer Service was a phenomenal success, leaving the less active servers in an undesirable position. In order to help streamline the current and new user experience, we have made the decision to close the less active servers and focus on the thriving Star Wars Galaxies servers.
Can I move my characters off of these servers?
Yes, you can move any character from the 12 identified servers up until Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 4:59 PM PT. Please see http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/freects/ for terms and conditions.
Will I be charged to move my characters from these servers?
No. If you take advantage of the Free Character Transfer Service before Thursday, October 15, 2009 at 5:00 PM PT, you will not be charged to transfer your characters to one of the 13 destination servers including:
- Ahazi
- Bloodfin
- Bria
- Chilastra
- Eclipse
- Europe-Chimaera
- Europe-FarStar
- Flurry
- Gorath
- Radiant
- Shadowfire
- Starsider
- Sunrunner
Where can I find out more information on the Free Character Transfer Service?
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/freects/
What if my account is inactive/closed but I want to move my characters off of these servers?
You must reactivate your account by visiting the www.station.sony.com and entering a valid credit card or Game Time card. Once your account is active, paid, and in good standing you will be able to transfer your character using the Free Character Transfer Service through October 15, 2009.
What happens if I am not able to transfer my characters from these servers before October 15th 2009, can I move my characters after October 15th 2009?
Beginning October 16th, 2009 at 12:01 AM PT you will be able to contact Customer Support and for the standard Character Transfer fee of $50.00 you will be able to schedule a transfer for your character, eligible structures and inventory.
Please be aware that the Character Transfer Service from closed servers does not guarantee that all inventory items will be transferred. Due to the unique nature of moving a character from a closed server, the Character Transfer Service may take additional time to process.
For more information on the Character Transfer Service visit: https://store.station.sony.com/cts/...ertransfers.jsp
What if I don't want to change servers?
Unfortunately, if you're on a server that's slated to be closed you will have to make the move in order to continue playing Star Wars Galaxies.
I like playing the game by myself and don't care how many players are on my particular server at a given time. Can you just leave me be and let me keep playing?
Sorry, but in an effort to improve the gameplay experience for everyone, all characters on the identified servers must be moved. We encourage everyone to take advantage of the Free Character Transfer Service before October 15, 2009 so that you can move your character at no charge.
Does this mean you're shutting down Galaxies?
No, not at all. We have lots of new content and updates planned for Galaxies and remain committed to making the game an enjoyable and engrossing experience. The server closure is an effort to improve the gameplay experience for all of our players.

RIP Wanderhome. Even though I sold my account awhile ago, still sucks to see the server completely die. It's a smart move on Sony's part, though it should have been done about a year or two earlier.

Back