10 Things You Should Know About The vBulletin Transition

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
IF YOU NEED TO GET ANYTHING, SUCH AS AVATARS, PMs, OR OTHER STUFF, I WILL LEAVE A MIRROR OF THE OLD SITE UP AT http://www.wanderhomies.com/oldsite

Here's what you need to know:
  1. This forum works exactly like IPB did. You're not learning anything new. There's no "New Forum Enhancements." Quit Bitchin.
  2. You have access to three different skins from your UserCP > Edit Options (or scroll to the bottom and use the drop down menu).
  3. Avatars and profile pictures did not transfer. Go to the old site, save them, and re-upload them
  4. Check your signatures, some might have funky code in them.
  5. You can now upload a picture to use in your signature. Sorry, just one for now.
  6. Blogs and Gallery will be coming back soon, once I purchase and convert the software.
  7. Chat and the Portal will also come back soon.
  8. Your Display names no longer exist. Your original user name is what this board uses. If you want to change your user name, PM me. Just know that once you change it, it will become your main user name (aka, your current one will be overridden).
  9. Custom Titles also didn't transfer. It shouldn't take you over 15 seconds to retype them.
  10. If you find any bugs or errors, please let me know.

I like the Quick Links...pretty useful.

Still trying to get my sea legs with this new forum.

You just gotta keep telling yourself, "it's just a new skin. nothing has changed." and everything will be OK :D

Welcome to MB's layout :) this is identical to the other forum I have been on almost a year.. haha Hey.. where the eff is the

the youtube coding is an addon i was looking at the other day. I'll be adding those within a week or so. It allows you to embed YouTube, Google Video, and MySpace video in a post. I'm also looking into an addon that gives the forum "image hosting" capabilities, so that you can just upload your images here and not have to worry about imageshack or photobucket :) It's got plenty of cool stuff IPB couldn't do.

MB's layout? Well, you currently have 3 skins to chose from, so there :p

the youtube coding is an addon i was looking at the other day. I'll be adding those within a week or so. It allows you to embed YouTube, Google Video, and MySpace video in a post. I'm also looking into an addon that gives the forum "image hosting" capabilities, so that you can just upload your images here and not have to worry about imageshack or photobucket :) It's got plenty of cool stuff IPB couldn't do.

MB's layout? Well, you currently have 3 skins to chose from, so there :p

Any plans for additional skins?

Great job on the conversion!

Yeah it takes getting used to. Couldn't log in at 1st.
Good job on it though.:cool:

:pirate:
Pirate smilie is bugged I think. Lost some others too. Maybe intentional.

?

?

Just found this thread so I'll stop spamming the general D. :p

You have access to three different skins from your UserCP > Edit Options (or scroll to the bottom and use the drop down menu).
Dark v2 vB is a sexy skin. :p

If you find any bugs or errors, please let me know.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended but I cannot edit posts after an amount of time has passed. Is there a time limit on when we can or cannot edit posts?

edit: How can I center my avatar to?
edit: what is "multiquoting" for or do? It is a tab next to the quote tab.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended but I cannot edit posts after an amount of time has passed. Is there a time limit on when we can or cannot edit posts?

edit: How can I center my avatar to?
edit: what is "multiquoting" for or do? It is a tab next to the quote tab.
vB has a 5 minute time period that you can edit your posts. I'll be removing that when it's time comes...for now, got some other priorities a bit higher :)

Center your avatar? That makes no sense....

Multiquoting allows you to quote multiple posts with one reply. If you click on the little multiquote button next to a post, and then go and click another multiquote button next to a post in the same thread, then go click the big Add Reply/New Reply button at the bottom of the page, you will have two quotes in your reply, instead of just one

vB has a 5 minute time period that you can edit your posts. I'll be removing that when it's time comes...for now, got some other priorities a bit higher :)

Center your avatar? That makes no sense....

Errr.. ment my Sig, sorry Lol. Some people have it to the left where as others have it in the center.

Back