• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• NO MUTANTS ALLOWED!

• Total voters

Timi

I'd so quit my job, dump my girlfriend, and sacrafice little kittens to the Thuder Lord of Twinkies to play Fallout Online. I'd love it even more if they kept it in the old school Infinity Engine...I just don't think a 3-D engine would do Fallout Justice, but that's just me!

Examples of the game? Saddly no. Rumor has it that Interplay is working it's way out of bankruptcy and are pitching the idea around to different companies trying to get money to even attempt the project, but so far people seem reluctant to give Interplay and cash to play with.

Was poking around doing df2 the other night and had a total Fallout flashback. Started wondering if any of us had looted the GECK yet. I was kinda hoping Fallout Online was the as-yet-unnamed BioWare project. Stranger shit has happened. (SOE develops Star Wars MMO? Whoa...)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Dec 4 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]135682[/snapback][/center]
Was poking around doing df2 the other night and had a total Fallout flashback. Started wondering if any of us had looted the GECK yet. I was kinda hoping Fallout Online was the as-yet-unnamed BioWare project. Stranger shit has happened. (SOE develops Star Wars MMO? Whoa...)
[/b]
Garden of Eden Creation Kit :D

I think it'd be wonderful, although I don't know about the old engine(it was turn-based, yes?)

I think a 3d world would be fun, but you'd have to make a huuuuge variety of clothing/armor appearances and different locations to wear stuff so the player populace looked sufficiently scraggly ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Dec 5 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]135825[/snapback][/center]
I think it'd be wonderful, although I don't know about the old engine(it was turn-based, yes?)

I think a 3d world would be fun, but you'd have to make a huuuuge variety of clothing/armor appearances and different locations to wear stuff so the player populace looked sufficiently scraggly ^_^
[/b]
Also pretty clothes from the vaults :D

It was turn based, but only in combat, but combat in MMO's is turn based. It just doesn't seem like it because it allows for being mobile, it's just everything is determined by invisible dice.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Dec 5 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]135839[/snapback][/center]
It was turn based, but only in combat, but combat in MMO's is turn based. It just doesn't seem like it because it allows for being mobile, it's just everything is determined by invisible dice.
[/b]
So ya like to play with invisible Dice?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Dec 5 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]135846[/snapback][/center]
So ya like to play with invisible Dice? [/b]

Why not...all my friends are invisible! :zeppelin:

Like this:
Fallout_01.jpg

lol I still remember the little demo of the first one you could get before it came out, where you ran around junktown. The first time I saw the option to do an aimed shot to someone's groin, I did it and the guy ran off screaming "My groin is the groin of fire!!" lmao

Well, that line became an instant classic but I don't think it made it into the full version, I never saw it there no matter how many groins I shot. :(

What was the one ability you could select ....Like Blood Bath or something to that effect that when you shot someone it would shoot off body parts or just make them explode all over the place?

With that said, I couldn't find my discs to play the game and I've been dying to get back into it, so I ordered the Fallout package...Fallout 1/2 and Tactics! I'm not leaving the house this weekend...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

fallout online would be awsome. Shame they messed up trying to make the ps2/xbox version of fallout. 1 and 2 where awsome. Tactics wasnt half bad either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Dec 6 2006, 06:59 AM) [snapback]135936[/snapback][/center]
BLOODY MESS!!!!!

Just thought of it! :D
[/b]
Here's the trait picky

thumb_Bldmess.jpg

Fallout was a great game........played part 1 and part 2.

After I completed thme both I decided to play around with changing the stats via 3rd party program (hacking the game basically.....lol) and maxed my guy out of his thieving skill, his addiction tolerance got all the traits and maxed out heavy weapons. I then went around and killed everyone I could find (Bloody Mess FTGDW). I left whole towns desolate wastelands..........what fun it was. Specially fun to tap a kid and watch it go running off towards it's parents jsut to use a the gatling gun looking hting to blow them apart........rofl. Might have to pop the ole disks in tonight and give it another go at creating the biggest bloody mess I can.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Dec 6 2006, 12:52 PM) [snapback]136011[/snapback][/center]
Fallout was a great game........played part 1 and part 2.

After I completed thme both I decided to play around with changing the stats via 3rd party program (hacking the game basically.....lol) and maxed my guy out of his thieving skill, his addiction tolerance got all the traits and maxed out heavy weapons. I then went around and killed everyone I could find (Bloody Mess FTGDW). I left whole towns desolate wastelands..........what fun it was. Specially fun to tap a kid and watch it go running off towards it's parents jsut to use a the gatling gun looking hting to blow them apart........rofl. Might have to pop the ole disks in tonight and give it another go at creating the biggest bloody mess I can.
[/b]
:blink: :unsure:

Back