Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Wii

• Im buying both

• I dont play console games

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Valuthor @ Oct 18 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]126295[/snapback][/center]
Im buying both selling the PS3 on ebay -- have both pre ordered.
[/b]

lucky

3 Wii's on preorder from different locations, but I'm not hopeful.
-link-sang, like millions of others. Fat chance getting one.
-Amazon, but they took more prorders than units alloted. Again, fat chance.
-eb games, but I've been burned by them before... in fact, nearly every time, lol.

Neither, I've gotten to a point in life where video games are becomming harder and harder to sit down and play anymore. The real world sucks and taking on more responsibilities really kills the days I use to enjoy drinkin a beer while playing hours on end. :\

Im a proud supporter of the Wii60 movement thank you very much. Altho im losing respect for Microsoft as they are getting more and more arrogant like Sony is :/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 18 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]126316[/snapback][/center]
Neither, I've gotten to a point in life where video games are becomming harder and harder to sit down and play anymore. The real world sucks and taking on more responsibilities really kills the days I use to enjoy drinkin a beer while playing hours on end. :\ [/b]
/slitwrists

Gonna wait till the ps3 drops in price before i get one. Alot of people dont seem to like sony but ive never had a problem with any of my consoles, all are still working fine to this day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Oct 19 2006, 02:36 AM) [snapback]126316[/snapback][/center]
Neither, I've gotten to a point in life where video games are becomming harder and harder to sit down and play anymore. The real world sucks and taking on more responsibilities really kills the days I use to enjoy drinkin a beer while playing hours on end. :\
[/b]

Man, is that ever the truth. I absolutely miss getting stoned and going on marathon gaming sessions when I had really nothing else to worry about :/ Now i'm lucky if I get 1-2 hrs a night and maybe just a bit more on the weekends....and that all just depends on what else is going on around me.

But I haven't pre-ordered either. Most likely will by a Wii first and foremost then when time/money permits I'll get a PS3. I know some exclusive PS3 game will come along that I HAVE to play lol, and i'll somehow convince the wife that the PS3 is a good investment :p

i have plenty of time, its just there arent any decent games out there anymore. I mean N64 had a ton of fun games and there was a few decent psx ones. I think the last decent game i played was resident evil 4 and i suppose you could count tekken 5.

Im going nintendo because at least its an original idea and its before christmas so i'll def be droppin some hints lol. Also i may buy a 360 instead because its much cheaper now and i can buy the full shabang with 2 control and like 4 games for the price of a ps3 with a game.

ll be buying a Wii, the PS3 is just too damn expensive- and dont give me that "its the cheapest Blue Ray player" shit- I DONT OWN ANY BLUERAY DISCS!!!! and have NO INTENTION on buying any blueray movies untill the DVD format is OBSOLETE!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Oct 24 2006, 12:27 AM) [snapback]127629[/snapback][/center]
ll be buying a Wii, the PS3 is just too damn expensive- and dont give me that "its the cheapest Blue Ray player" shit- I DONT OWN ANY BLUERAY DISCS!!!! and have NO INTENTION on buying any blueray movies untill the DVD format is OBSOLETE!!
[/b]
If everyone has that attitude, DVDs will never become obsolite, because no one will stop buying them :p

I read recently that HDTV has only a 14% penetration in the market right now. I only know one person who even has one.

I honestly don't think the graphics on PS3 will look any better than Wii's on my crappy old 24 inch piece of shit TV at 640 x 480 resolution. So what's the point?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippo @ Oct 27 2006, 02:43 AM) [snapback]128877[/snapback][/center]
I read recently that HDTV has only a 14% penetration in the market right now. I only know one person who even has one.

I honestly don't think the graphics on PS3 will look any better than Wii's on my crappy old 24 inch piece of shit TV at 640 x 480 resolution. So what's the point?
[/b]

HDTV in those terms means anything from 480i/p resolution and up. The next gen consoles want to display graphics in 1080i/p which only high end TVs made in the last 6-8 months have the ability of displaying.

Does SONY actually think people these days can afford to go out and get $2000+ TV's and $600 game systems like it's nothing?

Although actually, they're sort of right. People can't afford it but they sure as heck will find a way to get it. Sadly; I've seen plenty of solidly middle class people stupidly rack up credit card bills, refinance their mortgage, and work multiple jobs so they can have a $2000 TV and a nice car instead of just living modestly.

I'd like to get one, but dont know which one is the best so....*shrug* Havent really looked into it either. And I dont know all that much about console games. Are they very simular or do they have their specifics? *Feels like a n00b* :p

Back