Lucas readies 'Clone Wars' for TV

Sareth

I know most of us have heard about it, but here is some new information on the new Star Wars TV series:

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The wars aren't over for "Star Wars" creator George Lucas.

Lucas said Wednesday he's making an animated TV series of "Clone Wars" that could air next year, although he hasn't sold the show to a network yet.

The series is set during the time when the Republic is fighting a civil war against separatists led by Count Dooku.

The mythic period hasn't been dealt with too much in the popular "Star Wars" movies, so "it's a fun place to go," Lucas said.

"It basically has all the main characters" such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lucas said, but the stars who played them in the movies won't voice them for the TV show.

"There's nobody famous," Lucas told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

The show is planned as a continuation of the Emmy-winning "Clone Wars" that aired in 25 episodes on the Cartoon Network from 2003 to 2005. That series used limited animation. The new version will use 3-D computer graphics.

It's one of many projects being pursued by Lucas, including a fourth "Indiana Jones" movie.

"We're working on it. We haven't agreed on a script yet," Lucas said.[/b]

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/05/p...s.ap/index.html

is it George Lucas or George Luca$? anyone else smell the stink bomb waiting to happen? though another Indiana Jones might be good :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Oct 5 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]123555[/snapback][/center]
is it George Lucas or George Luca$? anyone else smell the stink bomb waiting to happen? though another Indiana Jones might be good :)
[/b]
What do you mean? The Clone Wars has had 2 very successful series so far already and dvds.
The Clone Wars is a cool show and I am looking forward to what happens next.
clonewars.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ Oct 5 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]123567[/snapback][/center]
What do you mean? The Clone Wars has had 2 very successful series so far already and dvds.
The Clone Wars is a cool show and I am looking forward to what happens next.
clonewars.jpg

[/b]
I didn't knew about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tavasha @ Oct 5 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]123569[/snapback][/center]
what happened to the live action thing that's supposed to be on tv?
[/b]
That's still happening. The Clone Wars III will be 1st I think.
Rumours of the live show will be between ROTS and ANH. Possibly including the young Boba Fett.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ Oct 6 2006, 05:10 AM) [snapback]123570[/snapback][/center]
That's still happening. The Clone Wars III will be 1st I think.
Rumours of the live show will be between ROTS and ANH. Possibly including the young Boba Fett.
[/b]

*serves Azrail a big old Poop Burger* yeah uh huh right sure yep.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Oct 5 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]123575[/snapback][/center]
*serves Azrail a big old Poop Burger* yeah uh huh right sure yep.
[/b]
That's one of the few rumours I have heard.
I just read that Lucas is getting out of movies for now to concentrate on TV.

Have you never watched the Clone Wars Ker-ri?
You used to be more optimistic about things. You've spent too much time on these boards! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Azrail @ Oct 6 2006, 05:23 AM) [snapback]123579[/snapback][/center]
You used to be more optimistic about things. You've spent too much time on these boards! :p
[/b]

They are warping my mind azrail :huh: i am loosing it ahhhhhhhhH! :blink: :wacko:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Oct 5 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]123582[/snapback][/center]
They are warping my mind azrail :huh: i am loosing it ahhhhhhhhH! :blink: :wacko:
[/b]
:unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Oct 6 2006, 04:34 AM) [snapback]123555[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
That is exactly what I was going to say, this is just beating a dead horse. Sure the clone wars wasn't done too much in the movies, but for Christ sake the second season of the clone wars ended literally right before Episode III started.

What is he going to do, an animated show about Anakin and Obi Wan in the 20 minutes between the cartoons and EPIII.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pawe @ Oct 6 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]123692[/snapback][/center]
That is exactly what I was going to say, this is just beating a dead horse. Sure the clone wars wasn't done too much in the movies, but for Christ sake the second season of the clone wars ended literally right before Episode III started.

What is he going to do, an animated show about Anakin and Obi Wan in the 20 minutes between the cartoons and EPIII.
[/b]

I been thinking the same about the end of season 2

So probably 20-30 minutes of them talking in hyperspace and then getting in there starfighters

Or he going to remake series 1 and 2 in a special edition

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Oct 5 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]123568[/snapback][/center]
I didn't knew about it.
[/b]

A shame Artica, it was actually very well done. Obi-Wan was a badass. Let me see if I can find it online for you, it is a must watch if you are a Anime/SW fan.

Official Website
Series on YouTube

Each chapter is about 4 minutes, but well worth it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ColdIce @ Oct 6 2006, 07:38 AM) [snapback]123761[/snapback][/center]
I hope we see the Deltas or Omegas in the series. :D
[/b]

would be nice to see some of the stuff in the RC books done ^_^

Back