• San Diego Padres

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fluffy

Vote Stewart/Colbert in '08!
Comments?

Personally I see another Subway Series happen, but then again, I'm Yankee fan trapped in MA, so to see that would really rub it in the Red Sucks fans up here.

I think Detroid vs Mets. Hell, right now I'm glad Dusty Baker is being FINALLY booted from the Cubs. Maybe Girardi will come over and actually make a change

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Oct 1 2006, 10:26 PM) [snapback]122543[/snapback][/center]
Doesn't matter, baseball sucks. More boring than watching golf.
[/b]
but way more interesting then watching Hockey

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Oct 1 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]122538[/snapback][/center]
Comments?

Personally I see another Subway Series happen, but then again, I'm Yankee fan trapped in MA, so to see that would really rub it in the Red Sucks fans up here.
[/b]

Bish. You didn't even think to include Boston!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Oct 1 2006, 09:36 PM) [snapback]122551[/snapback][/center]
but way more interesting then watching Hockey
[/b]

Nah, hockey doesn't require you to be drunk to enjoy the game. Seriously, how so many people like baseball, I'll never understand. Extremely slow, boring and dull. Speed it up about 10x and it might be itneresting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ackis @ Oct 2 2006, 10:03 AM) [snapback]122630[/snapback][/center]
Nah, hockey doesn't require you to be drunk to enjoy the game. Seriously, how so many people like baseball, I'll never understand. Extremely slow, boring and dull. Speed it up about 10x and it might be itneresting.
[/b]
Don't get me wrong, Ackis, I agree fully. Baseball is boring to watch (hella fun to play though), bu tI get jsut as bored during a hockey. They spend the entire gaming going back and forth on the ice so that at the last second before te buzzer soeone gets lucky and cscores the winning, and only, goal on an "awesome play" that consisted of the entire team standing at the goal in front of thier goaltender while two other guys play footsie with the puck till they get a chance to slap it into the gaggle of folks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Epise @ Oct 2 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]122643[/snapback][/center]
Don't get me wrong, Ackis, I agree fully. Baseball is boring to watch (hella fun to play though), bu tI get jsut as bored during a hockey. They spend the entire gaming going back and forth on the ice so that at the last second before te buzzer soeone gets lucky and cscores the winning, and only, goal on an "awesome play" that consisted of the entire team standing at the goal in front of thier goaltender while two other guys play footsie with the puck till they get a chance to slap it into the gaggle of folks.
[/b]

It sounds like you're talking about basketball and not hockey.

Hockey has a lot more elements to it to make it interesting, and goals aren't scored at the last second before the buzzer... sometimes they are, but not always. I've never heard a crash around the net be considered an "awesome play" before either. /shrug

And any sport that's boring to watch is fun to play. We aren't debating that. :p

Is it me or are all them teams from USA?

American Series you mean !!!

World series give me a break lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Oct 2 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]122801[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

The US is the centre of the world! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Oct 4 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]123045[/snapback][/center]
Still doesnt make it a world series.

Fake advertising.
[/b]
Fine, you win. You Brits get a team together and send them over. Until then, not a peep.

A's - Padres FTW

Untill baseball is a sport played proffesionally by most countires in the world surely your Cup competition can not be recognised as a world competition. A world series means that many countries from around the world compete to be known as the best in the world. If only USA competes then of course your going to win. Much like american thinking though i suppose.

I suppose is another one of your patriotic views. America only have an interest in sports that are only played by americans (or a very small minority of the world like japan). You and i no the reason for this, because if only america is involved only america can win.

How many times has USA won: Football World Cup? Rugby World Cup? Cricket World Cup? you guys cant even win the ryder cup anymore.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Oct 4 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]123131[/snapback][/center]
Untill baseball is a sport played proffesionally by most countires in the world surely your Cup competition can not be recognised as a world competition. A world series means that many countries from around the world compete to be known as the best in the world. If only USA competes then of course your going to win. Much like american thinking though i suppose.

I suppose is another one of your patriotic views. America only have an interest in sports that are only played by americans (or a very small minority of the world like japan). You and i no the reason for this, because if only america is involved only america can win.

How many times has USA won: Football World Cup? Rugby World Cup? Cricket World Cup? you guys cant even win the ryder cup anymore.
[/b]

Except the US wins more medals than all the other countries in the Olympics time after time. Asking how long it's been since the US won a cricket world cup is like asking how long it's been since Canada has won a desert race rally.

Hardly fluffy.

Olympics is not a team sport, it is an individual sport where competitors represent their country of origin. As one of the biggest nations at the games i expect them to do well in individual events.

When it comes to team sports however, USA seem to be terrible at best. Your Over-hyped Football (Soccer) Team, nothing nothing more than average. You dont even compete in cricket and rugby is not even worth mentioning. The one team sport that some of the world play Basketball, where the USA has the most dominant players in the world and you still cant win the world cup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Oct 4 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]123162[/snapback][/center]
Hardly fluffy.

Olympics is not a team sport, it is an individual sport where competitors represent their country of origin. As one of the biggest nations at the games i expect them to do well in individual events.

When it comes to team sports however, USA seem to be terrible at best. Your Over-hyped Football (Soccer) Team, nothing nothing more than average. You dont even compete in cricket and rugby is not even worth mentioning. The one team sport that some of the world play Basketball, where the USA has the most dominant players in the world and you still cant win the world cup.
[/b]

Right, and you bringing up Cricket and Rugby is like me bringing up Baseball and Football (NFL). You got your sports that you love, that your country does well cause that's what they play. Our country does well in sports that we love and that our country plays. You don't even compete in Baseball and NFL football. Yep, we sucked ass in football (soccer) this world cup. WIthout a doubt, but I would expect as much seeing as it is the 5th or 6th loved sport in this country. America won't do well in soccer (no matter how much I want them to) until the fans staet caring for it, and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

I picked olympics because that is where the most amount of countries play and has athletic events from all sorts of different genres, and the US dominates it. If you are going to use the "we have more people" nonsense than China and India would kill EVERYBODY.

See you didnt understand my post.

I agree you dominate the olympics, which i also said was a individual event. The USA team collected the most medals, however the olympics is not a sport. It is a large group of sports. You dont win the olympics, USA accumulate the most medals in their individual sport. If you could win the olympics then medals would not be given to the winners, points would and the country with the most points would recieve a trophy. Do competitors go to the olympics to win for their country? Most dont most go for themselves, to be known as a olympic champion.

Now you bring up rugby and cricket, Compare the amount of countries that play these sports to the amount of countries that play NFL and Baseball. In the team sports section USA Fails.

I like how you missed out the basketball section i wrote :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Oct 4 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]123173[/snapback][/center]
See you didnt understand my post.

I agree you dominate the olympics, which i also said was a individual event. The USA team collected the most medals, however the olympics is not a sport. It is a large group of sports. You dont win the olympics, USA accumulate the most medals in their individual sport. If you could win the olympics then medals would not be given to the winners, points would and the country with the most points would recieve a trophy. Do competitors go to the olympics to win for their country? Most dont most go for themselves, to be known as a olympic champion.

Now you bring up rugby and cricket, Compare the amount of countries that play these sports to the amount of countries that play NFL and Baseball. In the team sports section USA Fails.

I like how you missed out the basketball section i wrote :)
[/b]

Ugh, don't get me started on basketball. The rest of the world caught up to the US enough that the US team simply can't pick a bunch of all stars and throw them together for 2 months and expect them to win in a ame of completely different rules. The Greek team plays together for most of the year, and plays under the international rule system all the time. The US team plays under NBA rules for 10 months a year, then in a hurry they grab people from the NBA and expect them to play together as a team. I would much rather see the US just send a full NBA team (like the Pistons or the Heat) that has played together for a while to the tourney. But again that still leaves them with the severe rule changes to get used to. It wasn't a matter of the US not playing together as a team (because that is the way it has always been), it is a matter of the rest of the world catching up enough to make the rule/team difference too great to overcome even with the US's superior talent.

You wanna say that US has no "team" spirit, that might be true in world events, but that is because they have no need to prove anything to anyone in a sport that their own fans don't care about. So, if the soccer was big in the US you would see a completely different "team" atmosphere, but to say the US doesn't have team spirit is absolutely ridiculous, they just have it in sports that you don't care about.

For example, check this college football team out, this is the first win in like 17 games, see how they celebrate after just one win and tell me the US doesn't know about team sports:
http://mfile.akamai.com/8108/wmv/cstvcbs.d...celebration.asx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T'Luassa @ Oct 3 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]122801[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
um, last time i checked with Mr George Dubbuh, the US and Canada are the only actually ones that fell into the term "The World". Every other country is reffered to as "Axis Of Terrorlandville".

Back