Blade: The Series

THEOcracy has picked up a post from Jill Wagner, who stated that Spike TV has cancelled Blade: The Series:

Just wanted to say thanks again to all of you who supported me and Blade the Series. I was just informed today that there will be NO 2nd season of Blade the Series. I really enjoyed playing Krista and i hope that i did her justic at least for one season! However, that is not the end of Jill Wagner's acting career. I will keep you guys posted on what's next for me. Again i say thanks for the support. Hey, there is always the DVD right????

The series started off strong early in the season but lost viewers as it went on[/b]

That's a real shame cos I thought it was pretty good. But it didn't really have the power that the films had.
Too many good series get cancelled these days because the bigwigs don't think they have enough viewers. Stargate SG-1 for example and that has a much bigger following. :(

I never liked the Blade movies. I am a Vampire/horror/action/sci-fi movie lover but Blade just seemed really cheesy and dumb in my eyes, but it didn't seem like they were going for that. I am all for cheesy, but it has to be intentional :D.

It was a comic, I really didn't think it'd do good in the movies but it did. I had little to no doubt that this was going to shut down after a season though.

~Side note~

Whats up with SG-1? That season finale sure did implicate another season :huh:

Loved the movies, saw 15 minutes of the first episode, deemed it was retarded. never put thought into watching it again.
but The Girls Next Door, and Lost, are going to both be running again. uhhh, there goes my nightlife.

It was okay. rather not suprised though. and it was on spike tv :blink: It should have been put on USA or Sci FI (though arent they all owned by the same company?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kiritok @ Sep 30 2006, 06:14 AM) [snapback]122083[/snapback][/center]
It was a comic, I really didn't think it'd do good in the movies but it did. I had little to no doubt that this was going to shut down after a season though.

~Side note~

Whats up with SG-1? That season finale sure did implicate another season :huh:
[/b]
With SciFi's mid-season scheduling, "season 10" wasn't quite the end of the line. You'll get a few more episodes at the mid-season BSG break (... january, i think?), but not a full season for 11. If I counted right, there should be eleven more episodes on the way, but ... don't quote me on that.

Back