Wanderhomies or Something differenet Podcast

BananaMan

As a Marketer I think outside the box daily, and today is no exception. Over the last few months I have be fumbling the idea of setting up a pod casting setup, but really think it?s something that needs to be embraced by a community like ours. I also feel that I need a co-host, i.e. someone to bounce back off during the 30 minute shows.

I don't know what the pod cast genre could be, but I have a few ideas:

It could be about the changing world of MMO's, and the gaming industry, where we have debate via email and have interviews of members of this community and the wider world. Or it could be a faucet for information about us the Wanderhomies. A place to tell our gaming life stories to the world around us, I personally feel it could go big, and I especially have the contacts to get us out their on ITunes, and other great Pod websites.

Give us your feedback in this thread, and if your interested PM me. I will be hoping to pull a focus group together to discuss this in Vent/TS and in Wanderhomies chat very soon.

Will you guys ban Zippy from the podcast like Galaxies Radio did?
ranting.gif

I've been bopping around with the idea of a podcast too actually, but right now I'm just strapped for time. I was thinking of maybe next year looking into it again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Sep 26 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]120405[/snapback][/center]
yeah but what if some, like alot most likely, dont have/dont want and ipod?
[/b]

You don't need an ipod to listen to a podcast. That's just a misnomer. You just need an internet connection ;)

A podcast is an MP3 that you can download/listen to.

Check out http://www.woot.com. On the right hand side you'll see something called a wootcast, and the ability to "play". Anyone can listen ;)

It's basically like internet radio, except it's recorded. (It's different on the backend too)

I have the webspace, and would be happy to host the files, and link them back to here.

If anyone wants to help, pop your opinion in here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Sep 26 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]120418[/snapback][/center]
I have the webspace, and would be happy to host the files, and link them back to here.

If anyone wants to help, pop your opinion in here.
[/b]

Really? That was one of my concerns was webspace and bandwidth usage doing this on my own.

I think it would be cool to get snippets of wanderhomies opinions. Most people can record themselves if they have a mic + windows recorder for 30 seconds. Even if it's just a shoutout:

"Hi this is Cysha, Wanderhomies, keep it real!"

I was trying to edit, but net is screwey today. was going to add I use a decent editing software that's free called WavPad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Sep 26 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]120421[/snapback][/center]
Really? That was one of my concerns was webspace and bandwidth usage doing this on my own.

I think it would be cool to get snippets of wanderhomies opinions. Most people can record themselves if they have a mic + windows recorder for 30 seconds. Even if it's just a shoutout:

"Hi this is Cysha, Wanderhomies, keep it real!"
I was trying to edit, but net is screwey today. was going to add I use a decent editing software that's free called WavPad
[/b]

I used to do my own jingles, and interviews on shoutcast radio, so I've got the gear. I just need the support of the Wanderhomies community.

if anyone wants to put some of their own time and resources into something like this for the benefit of the community then im all for it. just let me know what i can do to help (if anything :p)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ Sep 26 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]120453[/snapback][/center]
if anyone wants to put some of their own time and resources into something like this for the benefit of the community then im all for it. just let me know what i can do to help (if anything :p)
[/b]

Me and Pinky are formulating a plan :p

Back