Altered work-week

Altered work-week

• Longer days, shorter week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shorter days, longer week

• Neither, I like things the way they are

• I don't think I'm going to go to work any more. Yeah.

• I had something else in mind (explain)

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sranlisian @ Sep 19 2006, 11:21 PM) [snapback]118446[/snapback][/center]
I'd sure like an extra day off every week. Especially if it were in the middle of the week.
[/b]
I pick......longer days and shorter weeks. I used to work 4 ten hour days and I loved it. After I got fired for.....um.....telling the boss he was a useless piece of shit (he really was and he asked what I thought of him so I told him) I went to work for a company that had me out of town all the time. I started working from around 6am to about 8pm in the afternoon so that I could cover the miles (sometimes from Oklahoma City to Corpus Crist and across to Mobile, AL) and get home maybe a day or so early and take the rest of the week off. Wish I still had that job.......unfortunately I had a boss that was constantly on the rag (he was a guy) and wanted to call my wife "a useless bitch who should take care of her own problems" leading me to up there and start a fight with him. Oh well........

I used to work 9-80 schedule where you work 9 hours then get alternating fridays off. It was pretty sweet.

i work four tens one of them having to be a weekend day ( sat is what i chose) ..after such a schedule for 10 years i couldnt possibly think of working five days ..in fact when we are busy and we have to work an extra day we all moan like its the end of the world lol

having the two days off together really makes for some nice time on the mtn during boarding season ...weeeeee

anoither great perk of four days is stretching a one week vacation into two weeks by cramming my four days into sun-weds then taking vacation then returning the week after and working wed-sat ..thus i use one out of my four vacation weeks but actually get 13 days off

In IT consulting its tough to have a set schedule. However in my case I am required to complete atleast 20 hours of work a week to pay my salary and benefits (est of course) on average I put in about 30 billable hours and the other 10 or so I goof off or study or take long lunches so while a 4 day week would be great, I never work too hard that I need more than a couple days off. I can get a lot of errands done during the week leaving the weekends to just unplug and relax.

Useless to me...

I work 16-18 hour days 6 out of 7 days a week when I'm on a project. This can go on for a month or more. Then off for a month or two until the next project. I love it when the time off comes in clumps. I don't mind the long hours when I'm working because I love what I do.

But I think full-time workers should have the option. Especially salaried employees.
For hourly employees, the system all too often becomes an excuse to work employees longer without paying overtime.

But then who am I to talk? I get interns to work for me 16 hours a day for a sandwich.

Back