Out of Print Music

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Apr 7 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]68447[/snapback][/center]
we talking about vinyl here?
[/b]

They have vinyl and even 8 tracks.

i prefer http://www.musicstack.com/ If the vinyl was never released on CD, they can actually digitally convert it to a CD in their studio and ship it to you, with original artwork and stuff. Takes a while though. About 4-6 weeks for those special orders

that's a nifty tastey idea.... is it $$$$?

not that I can think of anything I really really want that isn't already on CD. :(

I think its about $50 for every digitally remastered CD. Like you said, there isn't much you can find that isn't on CD, but for those really rare ones, i think its worth it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Apr 8 2006, 09:14 AM) [snapback]68616[/snapback][/center]
I think its about $50 for every digitally remastered CD. Like you said, there isn't much you can find that isn't on CD, but for those really rare ones, i think its worth it
[/b]
lol i couldn't even think of a rare band to check out :(

my dad collects 78's ( old 78 rpm records these things are huge and stiff as a dinner plate) ...anyways once he was in town when i still ived in montgomery alabama and i knew this old dude that i bought maps from. ( im a histroy english lit maj at auburn and this dude had maps that were 100-200 years old so occasionally id go buy a few that were neat to me ) ok back on track to the story ...

one time i was at the dudes house and noticed he had an entire room filled with 78's . i dont mean like 200 or so on some shelves i mean there was no furniture in the room and it had boxes from floor to ceiling of 78's. so i took my dad overthere and we spent about three hours there and my dad grabbed a good bit of things for an ok price.

one of the things he got was a boxed collection of 5 78's by dust bowl folk singer ( wretch) woody guthrie. this was geez prob about 13 years or so ago now but recently my dad was reading a biography about woody guthrie and it talked about the records. it said somehting to the fact that some of woody guthries most prized works were a boxed set of five records named " what ever the hell his collection is named" anyways it went on to say that less that 500 were made AND NONE ARE KNOWN TO STILL SURVUVE!!!11!!1!1....

my dads are mint three of the albums are still in their unopened sleeves :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back