Think you're smart?

I actually considered taking it until I read Jeopardy. That show sucks.

Celebrity Jeopardy on Saturday Night Live however, pwns.

I don't know if this is a signifyer for how intelligent one is but rather how well one can study and store information.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Mar 22 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]62114[/snapback][/center]
I don't know if this is a signifyer for how intelligent one is but rather how well one can study and store information.
[/b]

How else does one become intellegent? You have to be able to store the information you learned and be able to use that information or modify what you have learned to create something different. Otherwise we'd all be like El-D sitting cross eyed and drooling.

memorizing facts doesn't mean you are intelligent, it means you are good at memorizing facts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Mar 22 2006, 04:06 PM) [snapback]62116[/snapback][/center]
How else does one become intellegent? You have to be able to store the information you learned and be able to use that information or modify what you have learned to create something different. Otherwise we'd all be like El-D sitting cross eyed and drooling.
[/b]

Being intelligent is not just storing the information, but being able to apply it to different situations.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darein @ Mar 22 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]62110[/snapback][/center]
I actually considered taking it until I read Jeopardy. That show sucks.

Celebrity Jeopardy on Saturday Night Live however, pwns.
[/b]

? :unsure:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlyn @ Mar 22 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]62118[/snapback][/center]
memorizing facts doesn't mean you are intelligent, it means you are good at memorizing facts.
[/b]
Intelligence is the ability to apply learned things to real life scenarios. AKA streetsmarts!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Mar 22 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]62158[/snapback][/center]
Intelligence is the ability to apply learned things to real life scenarios. AKA streetsmarts!!!
[/b]

Bingo, what do we have for him Johnny? A clown-shaped-dildo? You don't say?!

Rote memorization is the lowest form of intelligence in my book.

The link that merlyn gave gives a pretty good definition of intelligence (although it is wikipedia :p)
"Intelligence is the mental capacity to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend ideas and language, and learn."

Notice learn is the last thing listed?

Another example is Trivial Pursuit. People that are good at that game are classically considered smart, but like the name implies, the knowledge is mostly trivial. What good is knowing every president and what years he served if you can't get something useful out of it, like learn from their successes and failures and apply them to your life.

I believe you can be intelligent without being able to route memorize information. I also believe that if you are intelligent and have the ability to do the route memorization, it probably makes you seem genius like to people who don't know any better.

True genius to me is wisdom, intelligence, and route memorization ability all put into one.

Who said anything about intelligence? If you think your are SMART enough to take and pass the jeporady test, now is your chance. Punks!

So register and stop being such pussies about it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Mar 22 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]62116[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
But not from the mouth

Back