Traffic School is worth it in the long run

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
I've done traffic school three times in the past 4 years, and am about to do it again. Four hour traffic school may suck big balls, but it prevents the ticket from going on your record. I had gotten in a car accident in November, and then got a speeding ticket a week later. Well, according to the cop, traffic school wasn't an option and i had to appear in court, since i already had one traffic violation in that year (the accident). Little did i know, that he was lying. Yesterday i got another speeding ticket lol. Wasn't able to talk my way out of it, got me on camera going 45 in a 30. Since it is 2006, i'm doing traffic school on that one. ANYWAY, i go to court today and the judge was calling people up and they were pleading guilty. Each time she'd ask for people's records from the public defendant, and he would tell him their past convictions. Depending on how many convictions and how severe, she'd give varying verdicts. So it seemed that most people with one or two speeding violations on their record were getting "supervision and four hour traffic school." So i figured i'd get something like that, with my accident and the previous speeding tickets which i went to school for. Judge calls me up. How do you plead? Guilty, your honor (unfortunately, the fucking cop who gave me a ticket was there, so i had to plead guilty. Otherwise, a cop friend in the same department told me that if he wasn't there, i should plead innocent and the case would be thrown out.) Judge ask for my record. THe defendant was like, ummmm, nothing, your honor. She eyed me closely (i made the mistake of not shaving and staying up late on V-Day, so i was all groggy eyed and shitlooking), and goes, "You're 20 years old, a few months away from 21. Giving you supervision won't really matter since you'll be getting your over-21 license in July. Just be more careful, and don't speed. Case dismissed."

PWNED

and then i went to greektown, met up with some friends from UIC, had some frappe at Artopolis, and came to school to do this quiz for English :)

Yeah, I'm a licensed insurance agent in like 32 states now. Traffic school is always the best way to go. Don't make excuses like, I forgot or I don't have time. It saves you so much money in the long run it's not even funny.

Just go.

Speeding does not make you a bad driver. Only a fast one. I learned to drive in a country where speed limits don't exist (well, not until recent years, but they still aren't enforced that much). So yeah, when i drive, i usually am 5-10 miles over the speed limit. Remember, you're not the bad driver. Those around you are :D

Back