Console gaming

Timi

I believe will be going the way of the wooly mamoth....

I think companies are now more interested in developing the "home entertainment system" concentrating on multimedia and less and less on gaming. Not that I care because the last console I purchased was the x-box 5 years ago and have no desire to pick up any of the new systems.

Console games have gone the way of pop culture anywho with just about every game having something to do with urban life featuring 50 cent, Snoop Dog, and whatever rap group you can think of. Next they'll have "Pee on Teens, featuring R Kelly!" Freakin make me sick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 7 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]41272[/snapback][/center]

I think companies are now more interested in developing the "home entertainment system" concentrating on multimedia and less and less on gaming. Not that I care because the last console I purchased was the x-box 5 years ago and have no desire to pick up any of the new systems.

Console games have gone the way of pop culture anywho with just about every game having something to do with urban life featuring 50 cent, Snoop Dog, and whatever rap group you can think of. Next they'll have "Pee on Teens, featuring R Kelly!" Freakin make me sick.
[/b]

Yes consoles Before u know it wil be gone, i mean take a look at the modern Xb0x 360... or even the ps3, there like mobile, light computers, im just waiting for sega to make a comeback............not

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 7 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]41272[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

I think that consules are just going in a direction that everything is, take up less space...do more stuff. Take a look at computers, they use to be huge, but now you can have an amazing computer that is really small. I think that everything is going in the direction of being a computer. Once everyone has a respectable enough resolution I dont see why people won't use a computer as "home entertainment system", I have already embraced this and have a computer to hold all of my music and to play dvd on one of my tv's.

As for games....you'll just have to complain to the horribly big companies buying up all the little guys and exploiting the hell out of them (damn you EA!!!).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 11:17 AM) [snapback]42269[/snapback][/center]
I can't wait till I can insert games directly into my brain.
[/b]

What do you mean wait? n00b!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 9 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]42290[/snapback][/center]
What do you mean wait? n00b!
[/b]
rofl Gomi did that but get got like some NES games like punch out coming out of his forehead.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]42295[/snapback][/center]
rofl Gomi did that but get got like some NES games like punch out coming out of his forehead.
[/b]

Gomi is the Lawn Mower Man!

Mother Fucker is like McGuyver....nah muther fucker is BETTER then McGuyver!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 9 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]42298[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 9 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]42298[/snapback][/center]

[/b]
I caught him on vent watching McGayver.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]42302[/snapback][/center]
I caught him on vent watching McGayver.
[/b]

Right now he's building a computer with nothing more then pipe cleaner, bubble gum, and a paper clip!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Feb 9 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]42304[/snapback][/center]
Right now he's building a computer with nothing more then pipe cleaner, bubble gum, and a paper clip!
[/b]

This is what he is building

beerserver.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El-Diablos @ Feb 10 2006, 02:17 AM) [snapback]42269[/snapback][/center]
I can't wait till I can insert games directly into my brain.
[/b]

Oh how William Gibson of you!

To the original poster, I'd say just the opposite.

Console gaming is growing at the expense of personal computers. The latest generation consoles are almost a stand-alone home entertainment system. The next generation will take the final step.

That's one of the reasons that the rumor of SWG going console is so hot, because the game developers can reach a larger audience. If consoles were in decline they wouldn't have such a hard-on for the market.

Console game sales where at an all time low in '05, mainly because the xbox 360 was a huge let down for the holiday season. Also there was no GTA (the psp one doesnt count cause the PSP is a dead system) or halo to breath life back into the market. I myself have not bought a console game in over a year, let alone play any. And if I had played any, they where gameflyed, and even then I got sick of how crappy most games where. Computer games are the way Im going.

Im giving the console market one more generation (meaning system gens), then it will probly be cut down to one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GameGuru @ Feb 10 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]42468[/snapback][/center]
Console game sales where at an all time low in '05, mainly because the xbox 360 was a huge let down for the holiday season. Also there was no GTA (the psp one doesnt count cause the PSP is a dead system) or halo to breath life back into the market. I myself have not bought a console game in over a year, let alone play any. And if I had played any, they where gameflyed, and even then I got sick of how crappy most games where. Computer games are the way Im going.

Im giving the console market one more generation (meaning system gens), then it will probly be cut down to one.
[/b]

PC FTW i am a conservative.:p I even hate laptops lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 10 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]42470[/snapback][/center]
PC FTW i am a conservative.:p I even hate laptops lol
[/b]

I could not function without my Desktop but oh I do love my little laptop and our wireless network...plus it is realyl hard to explain to hotel ppl why you are bringing your desktop system when you are away from home for a week.

Laptops are a good thing.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Feb 10 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]42435[/snapback][/center]
To the original poster, I'd say just the opposite.

Console gaming is growing at the expense of personal computers. The latest generation consoles are almost a stand-alone home entertainment system. The next generation will take the final step.

That's one of the reasons that the rumor of SWG going console is so hot, because the game developers can reach a larger audience. If consoles were in decline they wouldn't have such a hard-on for the market.
[/b]

Yeah, consoles that come out can be power houses compared to computers .....for six months. They they are obsolete for the next 5 years.

Back