dissapointment

D

dEVIANT

all this jedi-bashing in "area 51" is breaking my heart. maybe im just not understanding, but even after reading everyone's debates and well-thought points, i am still failing to understand why you would want to take away the element of the game that brought me here to begin with. before i played for the first time, a friend told me about how it was hard as hell, and how he had "earned", in a truer sense of the word than most star wars games can provide, his jedi. i immediately tried the game out, and several months later i had a jedi of my own, and was thrilled. the ammount of work i put into getting that jedi made it truly awesome, and a true pleasure to play. i know i can't be the only with these thoughts, but all i see in that board are people bashing jedi, and saying how having jedi in the game ruined SWG. Jedi didn't ruin SWG, poor development did. Don't cripple the little fun that is left in the game by taking away the thing that brought me here in the first place. Just leave jedi alone. Choosing your own path, which i believe was or is a slogan for the damn game, is the main fun-factor of SWG. at least it was. The ability to do anything the fuck you wanted was amazing, and it gave me memories that i'll re-live for the rest of my life. What do you guys think?

/endrant

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dEVIANT @ Feb 8 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]40903[/snapback][/center]
all this jedi-bashing in "area 51" is breaking my heart. maybe im just not understanding, but even after reading everyone's debates and well-thought points, i am still failing to understand why you would want to take away the element of the game that brought me here to begin with. before i played for the first time, a friend told me about how it was hard as hell, and how he had "earned", in a truer sense of the word than most star wars games can provide, his jedi. i immediately tried the game out, and several months later i had a jedi of my own, and was thrilled. the ammount of work i put into getting that jedi made it truly awesome, and a true pleasure to play. i know i can't be the only with these thoughts, but all i see in that board are people bashing jedi, and saying how having jedi in the game ruined SWG. Jedi didn't ruin SWG, poor development did. Don't cripple the little fun that is left in the game by taking away the thing that brought me here in the first place. Just leave jedi alone. Choosing your own path, which i believe was or is a slogan for the damn game, is the main fun-factor of SWG. at least it was. The ability to do anything the fuck you wanted was amazing, and it gave me memories that i'll re-live for the rest of my life. What do you guys think?

/endrant
[/b]

I think this is a great thread for Area 51.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dEVIANT @ Feb 7 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]40903[/snapback][/center]

/endrant
[/b]

You're right and I hope they don't change anything in the old system. The unbalanced part of the game is what made it fun! :p

as fucked up as it sounds, youre absolutely right. it was all the little flaws and unblanced bits that were a big contributor to the whole.

Back