photo help

whewa

I tried to load up a picture that was 6 megapixles and i keep getting a loading error, is the autoscale feature not working properly? or am i just doing something wrong

Man when the change happened, I lost my pic of Brooke Burke. Now Im sad, cause I cant get to my computer at home to load it back on yet (moving in, and there is a fort of boxes in front of it)

for the personal photo, it says:

All photos must be no larger than 300 kB.
Photos must be no bigger than 200 pixels by 200 pixels.

6MP is a couple thousand times that size :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ Nov 29 2005, 10:57 AM) [snapback]1451[/snapback][/center]
for the personal photo, it says:

All photos must be no larger than 300 kB.
Photos must be no bigger than 200 pixels by 200 pixels.

6MP is a couple thousand times that size :)
[/b]

yeah i realize that, but underneath it says it has an autoscale feature that will reduce it to the correct amount of pixels

I'll look into it, but i highly suggest using photoshop or something. GD (the program this forum uses to do the image sizes) will scale the picture's dimensions, but it will do a horrible job compressing file size. On Valinor's photo gallery, i uploaded a 1280x1024 screenie (about 500kb). It rescaled it automatically to 1024x816 but it still kept the 500kb file size.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Nov 30 2005, 07:54 AM) [snapback]1563[/snapback][/center]
lol, or you could just chose a differnt pic
[/b]

If you want to go the easy way. If you need help I can change the pic size for you :p

just open the picture in MS paint, go to image, stretch/skew, and in the % boxes keep putting 50% until the size is reasonable

Back