A theory of fun!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Feb 2 2006, 09:40 AM) [snapback]38602[/snapback][/center]
http://theoryoffun.com/theoryoffun.pdf

Very cool report thingy that got me thinking
[/b]
You know who wrote that, right?

SOE's very own Raph Koster, former Creative Director for SWG, and current "Chief Creative Officer" for SOE (whatever the fuck *that* means).

Dig up 'Holocron's old forum posts. That's him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Feb 3 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]38630[/snapback][/center]

SOE's very own Raph Koster, former Creative Director for SWG, and current "Chief Creative Officer" for SOE (whatever the fuck *that* means).

[/b]

Raph is what made SWG great, as soon as he left shit started going downhill

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Feb 2 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]38707[/snapback][/center]
Raph is what made SWG great, as soon as he left shit started going downhill
[/b]
No arguement there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rankin @ Feb 2 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]38630[/snapback][/center]

[/b]

I had no idea actually, I just liked the report because hes essentialy right

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Feb 2 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]38770[/snapback][/center]
I had no idea actually, I just liked the report because hes essentialy right
[/b]
The whole book's a pretty easy read. The images from the pdf are spread through most of it. If this level of game design interests you, check out Richard A. Bartle's "Designing Virtual Worlds" as well. This one's much thicker and attacks the issue from more of a practical angle based on experience from existing/past games, but its well worth the read.

Back