Random thought About School and crud

Curse

Bored to death... maybe...
Well yeah similar to Timi sitting on the toilet thinking randomally I too thought randomally and yeah question if they chose to get rid of religion in the schools then howcome I had to learn about Juda Mcabee and the menorah and crap? I mean hell they taught me shit loads more about Judiaism then all the other religions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 20 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]32449[/snapback][/center]
Well yeah similar to Timi sitting on the toilet thinking randomally I too thought randomally and yeah question if they chose to get rid of religion in the schools then howcome I had to learn about Juda Mcabee and the menorah and crap? I mean hell they taught me shit loads more about Judiaism then all the other religions.
[/b]
Who's that?

I'll let Tiv tell you shes trolling this thread right now she should know :)

I don't know who Juda is. I know what the menorah is though. That's 12 candles that Jewish people burn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Jan 20 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]32465[/snapback][/center]
I don't know who Juda is. I know what the menorah is though. That's 12 candles that Jewish people burn.
[/b]
I'm not jewish. :mellow:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 21 2006, 08:20 AM) [snapback]32467[/snapback][/center]
I'm not jewish. :mellow:
[/b]

Funny, she doesn't look Druish. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jan 20 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]32469[/snapback][/center]
Funny, she doesn't look Druish. :lol:
[/b]
I'm... actually... I don't beleive in any religion. I always took it as a method to moderate and control the people.

Bah ok I can't remember everything but heres what wikipedia says...

Judas Maccabeus (or Judah the Maccabee from the Hebrew יהודה המכבי transliteration: Yehudah HaMakabi) translation: "Judah the Hammer" was the third son of the Jewish priest Mattathias. He led the Maccabean revolt against the Seleucid Empire (167-160 BCE). His epithet Maccabeus is from the Syriac word maqqaba (hammer), and this name was granted to him in recognition of his ferocity in battle.

In 165 BCE, Antiochus IV Epiphanes assumed the emperorship of the Seleucid Empire and began a campaign of assimilation against the Judeans. In an effort to unify the Greek elements of his empire, Antiochus determined to destroy the Jewish faith and Hellenize the sons of Jacob. However, a priest from Modiin, Mattathias, resisted assimilation and instigated a rebellion when he killed one of the emperor's officers. The resistance he started was to be nurtured and led by his son, who would go on to join Joshua, Gideon and David as one of the greatest warriors in Jewish history.[/b]

Heres a link to the rest of the story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Maccabee

Anyway I went to public school and the only jewish person in the school was a consuler and yet that's alllllllll we talked about every single stupid Hannukah. Just mind boggling really.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 21 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]32474[/snapback][/center]
Bah ok I can't remember everything but heres what wikipedia says...
Heres a link to the rest of the story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Maccabee
Anyway I went to public school and the only jewish person in the school was a consuler and yet that's alllllllll we talked about every single stupid Hannukah. Just mind boggling really.
[/b]

What education value did you get out of those stories. I mean I can understand teaches some fundamentals like why Jewish has a menorah, and basic stuff like that, but telling Torah stories?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fluffy @ Jan 20 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]32480[/snapback][/center]
What education value did you get out of those stories. I mean I can understand teaches some fundamentals like why Jewish has a menorah, and basic stuff like that, but telling Torah stories?
[/b]

I don't know I guess they considered it a good story? You got me but for whatever reason our school tried to make us all jewish lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 21 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]32483[/snapback][/center]
I don't know I guess they considered it a good story? You got me but for whatever reason our school tried to make us all jewish lol.
[/b]

And your in MA? Oh man, maybe I need to research the schools again before Wook Child becomes of age.

Ya know because of them if I ever decide to convert to a religion I guess I'll be jewish lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 20 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]32489[/snapback][/center]
Ya know because of them if I ever decide to convert to a religion I guess I'll be jewish lol
[/b]

Just remember, religion is more about what is in your heart, than what people tell you to become.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 20 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]32489[/snapback][/center]
[/b]
All I get in my door are Jehova Witneses. VERY stubborn people. Usually look through the window, and grab the towel I clean my katana with and one of the katanas I have by hte door. Visits, don't last long ~giggle~

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 20 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]32495[/snapback][/center]
All I get in my door are Jehova Witneses. VERY stubborn people. Usually look through the window, and grab the towel I clean my katana with and one of the katanas I have by hte door. Visits, don't last long ~giggle~
[/b]
THOSE PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE! lol fucking cult

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curse @ Jan 20 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]32513[/snapback][/center]
THOSE PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE! lol fucking cult
[/b]
Like the plague

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 20 2006, 11:34 PM) [snapback]32495[/snapback][/center]
[/b]

Or tell them your pagan and demand a sacrafice.... the other thing that works is to say you're Catholic and try to convert them....

Back