Working out

Damilkman

SO,
give me the facts
how many times a week and stuff
im starting to work out and i just passed tutoks arm size so yah(i wishes)

It depends on what you mean by work out?
I could be doing plenty of things that would have working out in there meaning.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tirrem @ Jan 8 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]23740[/snapback][/center]
It depends on what you mean by work out?
I could be doing plenty of things that would have working out in there meaning.
[/b]
i dont work out FTW!!

work at least 3 times a week. Push yourself to the next level by lifting weights that you can lift, but with much difficulty. Do reps of 10. Each rep add 1 or 2 more. Do about 3-5 reps. Then add 5 lbs more and repeat. You will know you are making progress when you're getting a burning sensation in your muscles, like they are expanding.

You can also do it daily, but then just do upper body one day and lower body the next.

Also, drink lots of water and STRETCH before working out. You won't be iron man right off the bat. It will take a good 6 months before your body starts to build. and do NOT take any steoroids or vitamins, or ANYTHING they try to sell you. The gym i signed up at the tour guide tried to make me buy some workout formula that makes you get beefier faster. Bullshit, the best way is the natural way. All you need is self-determination and time.

I make myself walk further anywhere I go. I park further than I need to and just make myself walk the long way around.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Damilkman @ Jan 8 2006, 07:08 PM) [snapback]23731[/snapback][/center]
SO,
give me the facts
how many times a week and stuff
im starting to work out and i just passed tutoks arm size so yah(i wishes)
[/b]

Every other day if you're talking about lifting weights

Bowflex
FTW -- I jsut got it for my birthday and it works wonders. Got yhe ultimate 2

Working out is a delicate thing to do. I find lifting heavy weights but not too heavy is the key. I figure the amount that you have to push so hard you poop your pants is the correct weight.

ive been working out for 1 1/2 year or so. Do u want to get bigger or rip? Also try taking creatine and whey protein,ive been taken them for about 3 weeks and have gained 7 pounds and about 10 pounds on my bench.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ra've @ Jan 9 2006, 03:28 AM) [snapback]23779[/snapback][/center]
First tip of advise is dont listen to anyone seriously what works for one person doesnt work for anyone. Read learn by trial and error and see what works for you. With that said here is a decent enough starting diett/exercise program.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt88.htm
[/b]

QFE

But I"ll let you guys know what I do anyway.

I don't go to the gym as they are too crowded and cost too much for a college student such as myself.

I do pushups every day. 3 sets of 40.

There is a nice recreational trail here in pinellas county, so I ride my bike on that a lot too.

With my adjustable dumbells, i do curls (that's my fav), shrugs, tricep exercises, shoulder lifts, and various other exercises with my dumbells.

If you are going for mass, start with small reps, such as 4-6......if you want to get cut, do more reps like stavrose suggested. I've always tried to go for more mass, but a nice little cut is good too.

I train differently than other people though, as I am going into the police academy this summer. My main concerns right now are being able to jog 3-5 miles a day and be able to do a lot of pushups and situps.

But like the other guy said, everyone is different.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ Jan 8 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]23815[/snapback][/center]
QFE

'Roids baby, 'ROIDS!!! RAWR!

[/b]
fixed... B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tutok @ Jan 9 2006, 08:24 AM) [snapback]23815[/snapback][/center]
QFE

I don't go to the gym as they are too crowded and cost too much for a college student such as myself.

I do pushups every day. 3 sets of 40.

There is a nice recreational trail here in pinellas county, so I ride my bike on that a lot too.

With my adjustable dumbells, i do curls (that's my fav), shrugs, tricep exercises, shoulder lifts, and various other exercises with my dumbells.

If you are going for mass, start with small reps, such as 4-6......if you want to get cut, do more reps like stavrose suggested. I've always tried to go for more mass, but a nice little cut is good too.

I train differently than other people though, as I am going into the police academy this summer. My main concerns right now are being able to jog 3-5 miles a day and be able to do a lot of pushups and situps.

[/b]

Not sure how florida academy is set up as all academies do their own thing depending on state requirements, but the one I was in, in VA we did 2 miles every other day and an occasional 3 mile. Pushups....don't sweat that'll be second nature as you'll be doing pushups just for sneezing or having a hair out of place. Situps are a snap and again thats nothing to worry about....between PT and self defense courses you'll be set. Also, work on pullups when you get a chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timi @ Jan 9 2006, 08:36 AM) [snapback]23818[/snapback][/center]
Not sure how florida academy is set up as all academies do their own thing depending on state requirements, but the one I was in, in VA we did 2 miles every other day and an occasional 3 mile. Pushups....don't sweat that'll be second nature as you'll be doing pushups just for sneezing or having a hair out of place. Situps are a snap and again thats nothing to worry about....between PT and self defense courses you'll be set. Also, work on pullups when you get a chance.
[/b]

<3 Timi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djmtott @ Jan 9 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]23816[/snapback][/center]
fixed... B)
[/b]

yeah,
that works too :p

In my weight training class we were doing this:

Crunchies 3x20, Squats 3x5, Leg Curls 2x10, Bench Press 3x5, D.B. Shoulder Press 3x5, Upright Rows 2x10, Bicep Curls 2x10, Tricep Extentions 2x10, Shoulder Copmlex 2x10, and Lateral pulls 2x10

And that means 3 sets of 20 crunchies (20 crunchies, short break, 20 crunchies, short break) etc.

I think it was a pretty good workout. But really you just have to get yourself to the gym every other day / 3 days a week / whatever and try to do all the excercises you possibly can in an hour.

Back