Anyone here LARP?

1. Zombie Costume : $20.00
2. Foam covered whiffle ball bat : $10.00
3. Assaulting your local LARPer's with a group of twenty friends unexpectedly : Priceless.

i wouldnt mind it i dont think, but a good friend of mine once spent the night in the hospital after being stabbed by another larp(er?) over something trivial that i guess was a serious enough offense to the offended party... scary individuals. Anyone who takes it that seriously needs a new hobby. but, i digress. it would be cool, and i may try it one day.

let me go on a lil rant here. I really dont understand the need to dress up in chain mail and helmets and swords and sheilds and goodness, but hey if thats what they want to do screw it let em. I dont understand the need to hit people with wooden swords either, maybe has to do with not getting laid. but its all good. but why oh why shoot at each other with freakin arrows?!? Why not play a new game called JUMP OUT OF THE WAY OF BULLETS!!!

I LARPed before. However, for the protection of all, the Storyteller and GMs always did the actions dice-based. They had a table we called 'board' in the center and back of the stage.
It was a lot of fun. It was mostly political issues between the clans. It was vampire the masquerade, what we were playing. I was a Tremere.... If you guys know what that means.... ~giggle~ :mellow:

Ive been sitting here for about 2 minutes trying to figure out what LARPing is, and my best guess is Lame Ass Role Playing. Am I right?

I LARPed before. However, for the protection of all, the Storyteller and GMs always did the actions dice-based. They had a table we called 'board' in the center and back of the stage.
It was a lot of fun. It was mostly political issues between the clans. It was vampire the masquerade, what we were playing. I was a Tremere.... If you guys know what that means.... ~giggle~ [/b]
hehe. I was Ventrue, once upon a time...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kital @ Jan 4 2006, 03:36 AM) [snapback]21128[/snapback][/center]
Ive been sitting here for about 2 minutes trying to figure out what LARPing is, and my best guess is Lame Ass Role Playing. Am I right?
[/b]

Live Action Role Playing

It's like if you go to the theater and watch a play, but is improvised. It depends how much action there is on it. It depends on the Storyteller's and Game Master's choice to go either way, either live action or dice-based.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dEVIANT @ Jan 4 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]21129[/snapback][/center]
hehe. I was Ventrue, once upon a time...
[/b]

On the nobility?! :mellow:

not quite. only played for a week or two... had some fun though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dEVIANT @ Jan 4 2006, 04:02 AM) [snapback]21137[/snapback][/center]
not quite. only played for a week or two... had some fun though.
[/b]

Ventrue are usually nobility :p
They are the rich, the educated. Sort of what Lestat and Claudia were in Anne Rice's books. Sons and daughters of nobles in the dark ages of the world. Those are the Ventrue.
Hehe, I think there is a larger explanation in the book. :mellow:

yeah, i know. :p I read em. our GM had me brought into the story as the son of fa governor, and was only Ventrue because of that. It was fun, but i didn't get into it quite as much as i'd liked.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dEVIANT @ Jan 4 2006, 04:08 AM) [snapback]21147[/snapback][/center]
yeah, i know. :p I read em. our GM had me brought into the story as the son of fa governor, and was only Ventrue because of that. It was fun, but i didn't get into it quite as much as i'd liked.
[/b]
Tremere were like magicians if I remember correctly... I had the Thaumaturgy ability... hehe I don't remember how I played that... But all in all those are good memories ~giggle~ :mellow:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artica @ Jan 4 2006, 04:11 AM) [snapback]21151[/snapback][/center]
Tremere were like magicians if I remember correctly... I had the Thaumaturgy ability... hehe I don't remember how I played that... But all in all those are good memories ~giggle~ :mellow:
[/b]
you guys know there are magazines with naked ladies in them right? :p

you guys know there are magazines with naked ladies in them right? [/b]
i don't know if i have the proper Will score to look at something like that hehe.

/rolldice
/fail
/ohwell

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Jan 4 2006, 04:15 AM) [snapback]21154[/snapback][/center]
you guys know there are magazines with naked ladies in them right? :p
[/b]

Uhmmm... Yes I know they exist. And really, I'm not THAT interested in them. ~giggle~

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dEVIANT @ Jan 4 2006, 04:16 AM) [snapback]21158[/snapback][/center]
i don't know if i have the proper Will score to look at something like that hehe.

/rolldice
/fail
/ohwell
[/b]
get youtr uncle to buy them thats what i use to do

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shaggz1297 @ Jan 4 2006, 04:17 AM) [snapback]21160[/snapback][/center]
get youtr uncle to buy them thats what i use to do
[/b]

Mr. Deviant is a kid?! :mellow:

Back