What would you like to see next?

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
So far for this site i have the following planned for this week:
  • Smiley fixes and additions
  • My Uploads (so you can host your sigs here)
  • Rank images
In the works i'm planning on creating a compiled roster of everyone, with easy access to their contact info, game status, etc. But thats really in the works, and nowhere near close to being done.

What would you like to see added to the site? Give your suggestions here

I dunno how hard it would be, or if it already exists here and I'm not bright enough to figure it out, but I like the Tracker on the SWG forums. I cant remember which threads I've posted in here, would be nice to have either a tracker or the "reply arrow" thing like over there. just a thought

well, what you can do now is click on the profile button under your post or click on your username in the Site Visitors block below the main menu and click on Find All Posts By User. not sure if that is what you mean

Well this'll get me flamed to hell, but it would probably be a good idea to have a limited max width/height for avatars and probably remove pictures from sigs... it honestly looks more of a picture gallery rather than a forum lol

I would say personally My uploads. What you mean exactly by rank images? Like an Image of "nOOb" etc when you make that many posts?

Being able to tell which forums you replied in, and better still which threads you have already read, or how many posts in a thread you haven't read yet.

Originally posted by Arano
Well this'll get me flamed to hell, but it would probably be a good idea to have a limited max width/height for avatars and probably remove pictures from sigs... it honestly looks more of a picture gallery rather than a forum lol

avatars currently have max dimensions of 200x200. as for sig dimensions, i'm still trying to find an addon that will check that.

Originally posted by Stavrose
well, what you can do now is click on the profile button under your post or click on your username in the Site Visitors block below the main menu and click on Find All Posts By User. not sure if that is what you mean

yeah kinda, what Fluffy posted is a better indication

I'm not quite sure that is possible with phpbb. I know it is a standard feature in vBulletin. And i'm currently looking into integrating vBulleting with PHP nuke

Avatar and sig picture size limits, not file size, but people with the 500x300 avatars kill my browser. That... and maybe an option to display our SWG guild by our names? To keep some of that flavor over here? Great stuff so far Stav.

avatars DO have size limits, both file size and dimension size. file size has a max of 150kb and dimension max of 200x200. if someone has an avatar that is over 200x200 pixels, let me know. Sigs, on the other hand, don't have limits. trying to find a module that will limit them though. I'll look into the guild thingy as well

Also just thought of something else...maybe a oh frick i forgot. Oh no never mind I just remembered. A way to have the webpage refresh automatically? I know you can do it with plain HTML - not sure with PHP.

A link to G-Radio woot woot. you do both sites so that would rock....

if you could tie in the stream to who is on the air and what is playing at that sec in time that would rock....

DrewPA

maybe on the front page of the website have one of those links that you click on and it automatically loads up Winamp or what not to play galaxiesradio. I also liked teh idea about a ranks photo or what not. If u need help with photo stuff im very good with photoshop and making some kickass looking shit! Any ways i know that when i made my webpages with phpbb. that you can also get a function for chat, not sure what its called. Sometimes your webspace provider gives you little tools to tinker with, i konw mine did. I found a great chat program there and also a email address for people who joined the site. Up to 100 i think. So it would say Hermione@wanderhomies.com That would be cool id think. Who is your Webspace provider? Emails would be cool if they had no limit so everyone could get one, but who knows.... no more coffee for me. :p

BTW guys you can submit links. Go to web links and there's a place to do it there. Hence the Holonet news link :)

A fiction section, for those that like to write, like Tiv and myself. There are some stories that I wrote in my EQ2 guild's forums that I could share.

Just an idea. 8O

Back