AHH NEED HELP!!!

That website prolly has it wrong. You will need to check with the manufacturer and confirm the part numbers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oobeaga @ Dec 19 2005, 07:33 PM) [snapback]14436[/snapback][/center]
hey every1, my video card burnt out, it was a peice of crap and ran on pci, so i was decideing to buy a better one anyway. so i was searchign the web and found this, http://www.buzzmemory.com/shop/product_inf...ducts_id=100524

in the title of the card, it says its a pcie, but in the specs, it says the bus is a agp...id need to find out b/c i got a agp slot in my MB, but not a pcie, so..if ne1 could help!
[/b]
it does say it is agp in the description

but check out other sites, (especially the manufacturers site)

Meh why are you buying from these ghetto shops, go newegg.com

agpuni_l.jpg

a pci-e card will need a pci-e slot not a pci or agp as i found out a few weeks back
tho pci-e cards are fast as fuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oobeaga @ Dec 20 2005, 11:53 AM) [snapback]14447[/snapback][/center]
any one know which port of these two are, this is a pic of that card

http://www.rage3d.com/image.php?pic=/revie...c4.jpg&comment=
[/b]

The round one is s-video for tv out. The middle blue one is standard vga and the white one is DVI which if your monitor supports it always the way to go, much more crisp and clear.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oobeaga @ Dec 20 2005, 11:33 AM) [snapback]14436[/snapback][/center]
hey every1, my video card burnt out, it was a peice of crap and ran on pci, so i was decideing to buy a better one anyway. so i was searchign the web and found this, http://www.buzzmemory.com/shop/product_inf...ducts_id=100524

in the title of the card, it says its a pcie, but in the specs, it says the bus is a agp...id need to find out b/c i got a agp slot in my MB, but not a pcie, so..if ne1 could help!
[/b]

OK heres the deal, This video card is miss labeld...would not trust the vendor. that is a PCI-E card. Most likely unless your system bowad was made within the past 4 or 5 months it doesn't support PCI-E. I am sure you have an AGP slot on that board....check to make sure it is the first expansion slot, brown and sits back from the PCI slots (White). AGP is very economical now but PCI-E is slated to replace AGP technology. So.......if you can do it upgrade your system board if you go to PCI-E or Just get a comperable unit for AGP.

Personally I have a generic 256MB AGP Nvidia graphics card in my Rig, nothing fancy and I enjoy an excellent level of graphics.

Let me know if I can help you. And yes I do this for a living :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ker-ri @ Dec 20 2005, 11:06 PM) [snapback]14652[/snapback][/center]
The round one is s-video for tv out. The middle blue one is standard vga and the white one is DVI which if your monitor supports it always the way to go, much more crisp and clear.
OK heres the deal, This video card is miss labeld...would not trust the vendor. that is a PCI-E card. Most likely unless your system bowad was made within the past 4 or 5 months it doesn't support PCI-E. I am sure you have an AGP slot on that board....check to make sure it is the first expansion slot, brown and sits back from the PCI slots (White). AGP is very economical now but PCI-E is slated to replace AGP technology. So.......if you can do it upgrade your system board if you go to PCI-E or Just get a comperable unit for AGP.
Personally I have a generic 256MB AGP Nvidia graphics card in my Rig, nothing fancy and I enjoy an excellent level of graphics.

Let me know if I can help you. And yes I do this for a living :p
[/b]
yea i got a agp, now i just need to decide what kinda card i want/need, i wanna get a 6800 but its a pcie, so ill go with a 6600
agp card

Back