Farewell?

Darein

Retired SWG Bounty Hunter
Wanderhomies is up for sale

Jul 16, 2007 - 8:14 PM - by Stavrose

I don't come here any more. I have my plate full in real life. I don't really have any friends here anyway. So I'm selling the site in hopes that someone with an ongoing vision will continue to keep the site alive and going. I've spent a lot of money and time on this site, so the minimum amount I will accept for it is $1000 (that's one thousand U.S. dollars). That will cover my expenses plus a very small labor charge (which in reality i should be charging closer to $10,000 for labor). If you... [Read More]

I guess the site it going down? It isn't April Fool's Day, so I figure it's the real deal. I'm sorry to hear this, guys. It's been fun. At first I joined these forums as a "support group", since there were people from my server that got the SWG shaft same as me. Since then it's just been a fun place to come chat about tech stuff, etc.

I hope someone buys the site and we can keep reminiscing, but God knows I don't have the money. I got to pay for school - and I don't even know if I'll be able to afford that.

If I don't "see" you guys again, farewell and I wish you all the best.

I also want to say thank you to Stavrose for all your hard work in creating and continuing the WHies community. Peace out, bro.

Last edited:
Oh noes! I just read your auction thread as well Stav, this is sad news indeed :(
I've really enjoyed this community and chatting to all of you guys, and I will miss you all. I hope that someone has the time and money to buy this site. Stav, you've done a great job, so your shoes will be hard to fill. Thanks for all your effort and commitment! :hug:

When will you shut it down? I know the auction is within this week, but when will it all go down?

Warm :hug: to all of you Wanderhomies!

We should have a day when we all get online, just chill and chit chat together - just a thought! :) Even if it ain't over yet, but we don't know...
(This upcoming weekend?)

Last edited:
Holy shit I dont post much but I love to read these boards. Whether it be remensing about times past or intense debate on current issues if this site goes I will truly miss it I hope there is another place were we can all meet up and talk.

From his post, I don't believe he is going to shut it down - i don't think stav would do that to something he has spent so much of his time on. I think he just wants someone with more time and resources that he currently has to take over the baton and keep things going for the community. I could be wrong however!

Either way stav, I am sure everyone who has used the site will agree that we totally appreciate all the hard work you have put in over the last couple of years (even if i occasionally report some of your posts :D) and will be sad to see you stepping down your role. I just hope that if more than one person does put some money forward that you might consider other none monetary factors due to the sale. Imagine if someone like ekibe took over :/

I'm not shutting it down. I'm passing it along. If nobody buys it, then I will continue to fund and run it.

Do you have any costs other then the webspace and maybe domain costs... like traffic costs or something ? Just wondering .. And if you need help with moderation then i am sure there are ppl around that would help ya out with moderation...

Yep, I would happily volunteer in any way you could use me (whether you think id be any use though is another matter :D).

Nah, i just don't have the time to do maintenance, updates, add new features, or fix the site when problems arise. I'm barely active on here as it is. It's time for me to move on, to close this chapter of my life. Plus I'll be out of the country in August. I mean, it took me like two months to fix the reporting feature and get the site back to where it was before the problem arose (with the themes and everything). vBulletin has its blog system in beta testing, so the next thing on the list would be to add that when it gets released, as well as an image gallery. But at my pace that may take a long time :)

Your pace is the one we put up with, Stav. Fuck 'em. Do the stuff that needs to happen when you're able, we'll deal. I won't be mailing your phone in August, no worries :p

I think if Stav is ready to move on, we should let him. Also, why should we take so much of his time and work, if it's not something he'll really enjoy?

I hope you find a buyer Stav. And while I'd miss the place, part of me thinks you shouldn't keep it on (other than the back-up files) if you don't. And I say that 100% for your sake. I'd hate to see this site go.

this site won't go. If there is no buyer that I will continue doing what I have been doing. If there is a buyer, then the new buyer will keep the site going. Either way, this site isn't going away :)

this site won't go. If there is no buyer that I will continue doing what I have been doing. If there is a buyer, then the new buyer will keep the site going. Either way, this site isn't going away :)
thats great to hear.. and if you ask me.. dont add the blog and image gallery features and save some headache and work... doubt anybody really needs the features here anyway...

That's good to hear. I greatly appreciate all the work you put into whies man. I don't post as often anymore but I still do come here and read a lot of posts. I do hope there is a buyer though for your sake. I wouldn't want to be stuck taking care of this site, it's a big responsibility. I'm gonna miss ya if you stop postin'. :(

I guess the site it going down? It isn't April Fool's Day, so I figure it's the real deal. I'm sorry to hear this, guys. It's been fun. At first I joined these forums as a "support group", since there were people from my server that got the SWG shaft same as me. Since then it's just been a fun place to come chat about tech stuff, etc.

I hope someone buys the site and we can keep reminiscing, but God knows I don't have the money. I got to pay for school - and I don't even know if I'll be able to afford that.

If I don't "see" you guys again, farewell and I wish you all the best.

I also want to say thank you to Stavrose for all your hard work in creating and continuing the WHies community. Peace out, bro.

haha Stavrose has no friends and no money

Thx for all the things you have done for this community Stav. Dunno if it makes you feel better but Whomies is my home page.

Back