Game Design

Darein

Retired SWG Bounty Hunter
I want to work in Game Design making PC games for a while, probably for a very long while *snicker*.

So, does anyone have any tips on how to get started, which design schools are good for learning it, etc.?

Thx.

Art institute is actually pretty damn good, if you live in like one of the two or three places where they offer game design. Worst case, just go to a tech school or 4 year college and learn how to program, after you get good/advanced at that pick up some books on 3d engines, game design, AI, logic and the such. That is the route I am hopefully going.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Aug 1 2006, 05:42 AM) [snapback]100038[/snapback][/center]
I'll talk to you later mate. If you are serious, and want a caree. I may be able to get you a job.
[/b]

Banana can you get me into content? I'm a writer stuck in a crappy career. *ducks*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ Aug 1 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]100324[/snapback][/center]
Banana can you get me into content? I'm a writer stuck in a crappy career. *ducks*
[/b]
That would be awesome! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BananaMan @ Aug 1 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]100038[/snapback][/center]
I'll talk to you later mate. If you are serious, and want a caree. I may be able to get you a job.
[/b]

Well, for the time being I need to study more so I have marketable skills. In the mean time I'm just interested in getting a game plan set for when I finish school.

Back